Become a Patron!

Could I

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I would like to announce that I also have a vaping forum, but hardly any users, Granted that users have to pay. But would help with dedicated servers and upgrades.

I do not want to say the address unless asked to do so. Like last time I did that I got bollocked.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello and welcome... That's about all I can say (because I have no funds) Can I even view the site without paying? Maybe a PM just to look at it? I'm glad you asked (very right thing to do... I have no idea but hope it goes well for you) If you are advertising then you may have to do this in a different way (I'm not one who can help with that) Just want a peek (and won't post opinions on the thread) or maybe I like it and (with your permission) say so.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well after some time being on the computer and trying to install vanilla f forum. software for nearly two days running with install after install. = I have given up.

As each time I install plugins I seem to only break the software

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have now changed my forum software to Vanilla Forums granted it might be a little out of date but it is working fine now.

It is backed up every day so no luck in damaging it.

Also I still use vBulletin but the url is now unknown to users.

I will have to get everything in order now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good for you! I'm not qualified to help you with this, but once again, I wish you good luck with this.
BTW, I use linux (don't know if that helps) but you might check into that. You can "dual boot" windows and linux but you have to set that up right (can't help you now... my Sunday off so drinking beer) Just something to keep in mind.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have it hosted with NameCheap.

Done a fresh install of current version. Backed it up and migrated the vbulletin software with the discussions and comments.

I had to stay up over a day to get everything just the way I wanted it.

Have installed plugins and applications.

Hope that people will sign up.

Also they can sign up via twitter and Facebook. Have to wait for Google sign in to work.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have since Wednesday been moving back to a simpler forum software. MyBB software now. And no users need to pay for the use of the domain. Yes I still have the other versions or iterations of the forum. But are on subdomains.

At the start I was getting inundated by registrations of bots. And an influx of spam.

Granted that these where only in one forum and not viewable to public.

I now have it solved and no longer getting SPAM.

If any of you would like to join I can dm you a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have now changed to xenforo from mybb. I have imported all data.

And changed my logo.

I wish I could put the sitename. But do not want to offend the moderation team

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I have now changed to xenforo from mybb. I have imported all data.

And changed my logo.

I wish I could put the sitename. But do not want to offend the moderation team

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

VU uses Xenforo.
It's all good, you can post the name in this thread.
We try to do as little as possible to block user's right to free speech.

And would anyone like to be a moderator, all you have to do is suggest it In the contact us forum.
I recommend that you give very limited power to new mods at first, unless you know them well (I've been a mod on a bunch of fitness related forums since about 2007 or so, still technically am on a couple, but they are sorta dead with the changes of the times the past 10yrs) and I have seen horrible messes from mods with lots of power and not much sense or hidden agendas.
One deleted half the site!! Luckily the owner had it backed up!
I think it was a tie to a competitor.
Also mods scamming people out if money (because members tend to trust the mods on a site, and rightfully so, but ... Some people are not good people.). I called out bs when I saw or noticed. One guy was taking ppl money and not fulfilling promises and I got him fired, no fukes given.. cuzz you don't do that shit.
Just saying be careful buddy 😁

Anyways having said that; I'm down to mod a bit. I'll check it out and hit up the "contact us".
I'll also tell you my name's that I am/was mod at, for background check/resume type thing ? In private thought though.
Wish luck on it regardless though! 😁

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have buggered up trying to install a stopforumspam addon and it caused an issue.

just got my old data back on site, but still need to converge in getting the board ready again.

This may take about 2 hours or so.

so for those that have signed up, you might have to wait before you can again.

sorry for any inconvenience.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The site is now up and running, as all I tried to do is to get some posts from MyBB, I had to phpadmin in to copy and paste, for the mixology 101 threads.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The site is now up and running, as all I tried to do is to get some posts from MyBB, I had to phpadmin in to copy and paste, for the mixology 101 threads.
I signed up under the same screen name :)

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have had my rejuvenated site up and running for just over a week, it should have been 3 weeks.

But since I am a one-man show and trying to fathom out what to do in the new software, that is paid.

I just get around with my own mind. And trying hard to get it off the ground.

@DarthVapor. If you could re-apply, I will be much obliged.

Since I had to reinstall from scratch and was no way to save your email address.

Last edited:

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have taken precautions in getting members to join, in which I have used Project Honey Pot for spam and also StopForumSpam.

I also now have Recaptcha Enabled but only Version 2.

I am hoping that other guests could finally join. But most of them are either a spammer or from Russia.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I was going to register, but this right here gave me 2 excellent reasons not to.

Nivg5LA.png

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
And from taking a quick look at your posts here, 99% of your posts are in the Keep A Word/Drop A Word thread. What makes you think you're qualified to open a vaping related forum?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That last comment sounds like I'm being an asshole - I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I just don't see how you think you're qualified to do this. You don't participate in hardly any of the subforums here, yet you have 70+ subforums on your site (Of which you don't participate in most of those either).

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ok, then how would you have it? With the registration, assuming you will register.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have now changed it but you will be needing to be moderated as I do not want any illicit spam on the board, and multiple posts all together.

There will be x amount of post made in the basic group then moved to a un moderated group, this is to weed out spam.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Once you have been moderated by X posts then you will move into a no moderation based group allowing for free roam. And use of the board.

Then you will be able to have an avatar.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Generally speaking, in 99% of the forums out there, users are free to post what they like. Their posts only become moderated when they give the admin/mods reason to do so.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
There's a reason you only have 5 members, even though you started the forum well over a year ago.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As you would now tell the basic package now states moderately moderated until X posts have been made.

So why not join then.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There are only 78 forums with different styles and excluding some search forums.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So why not join then.
Because there is absolutely no reason to join a heavily moderated forum that has absolutely nothing to offer. Maybe once you get a few hundred users you can update your membership requirements, but for now nobody has a reason to join.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sure. But it's like the chicken and the egg situation. Nobody wants to sign up because there's nothing there, but there's nothing there because nobody is signing up. You need to come up with a reason/purpose for people to sign up. And by heavily moderating a forum that nobody uses, you're basically shunning people away from it.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
And what the heck is up with that Christman countdown?!?!? That has absolutely NO PURPOSE in being there.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just tried 3 times to register and it won't let me. Screw this. You have no idea how to run a forum. No wonder you only have 5 users after over a year. They're probably all dummy accounts created by you.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It is a count down to the new year.

I have now changed the moderation to no so you may now post freely

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just tried again. No go. I keep getting this message: after trying to sign up:
  • Hello Guest if you haven't already read the Forum Rules. Please do so now, so you are upto date with the current nogo. Also there is a 30 second rule for registrations.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That is because i was taking your advise and allowing posts to be made by users

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That is because i was taking your advise and allowing posts to be made by users

"Hello Guest if you haven't already read the Forum Rules. Please do so now, so you are upto date with the current nogo. Also there is a 30 second rule for registrations."

That's the message I get after trying to register.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Just ignore and move to forums

HOW?!?!?"

"The requested user 'CrazyChef' could not be found."

Dude, you need to fix your Registration settings. They're off somewhere.

Here's an example:
1709162669569.png

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Minimum age is 18 and no at sign in username is allowed

VU Sponsors