Become a Patron!

Could someone help my fiancee please? Lost instructions to two mods-want to change TC wire.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello.

My fiancee Cheyenne has two new mods, one the OLA X TC 65w, the other the Sigelei book mini.

I remember I set up the OLA X TC 65W, as it was one of her presents at christmas, and I remember being able to get into a menu, and choose NI200, TI, or Wattage mode.

The sig only does NI200 correctly. (I know about the temp offset I can do for her, but would rather use a proper TI mode)

Problem is-she has lost the box and instructions to the OLA X 65W, and also she has the Sigelei box, but no instructions.

So, I need to know how to get the menu up on the OLA X TC 65 for her to change to TI, as I did at christmas for her.

I have tried all the button combinations I can think of-but I know I had the OLA X TC 65W working with TI in TI mode, I just can not for the life of me remember how to get into the menu for this.

I hope someone can help, and thanks to everyone that takes the time to help me, and in this case, Cheyenne.

Last edited:

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello.

My fiancee Cheyenne has two new mods, one the OLA X TC 65w, the other the Sigelei book mini.

I remember I set up the OLA X TC 65W, as it was one of her presents at christmas, and I remember being able to get into a menu, and choose NI200, TI, or Wattage mode.

The sig only does NI200 correctly. (I know about the temp offset I can do for her, but would rather use a proper TI mode)

Problem is-she has lost the box and instructions to the OLA X 65W, and also she has the Sigelei box, but no instructions.

So, I need to know how to get the menu up on the OLA X TC 65 for her to change to TI, as I did at christmas for her.

I have tried all the button combinations I can think of-but I know I had the OLA X TC 65W working with TI in TI mode, I just can not for the life of me remember how to get into the menu for this.

I hope someone can help, and thanks to everyone that takes the time to help me, and in this case, Cheyenne.
Must not be a super common mod. I tried to Internet search OLA TC 65 instructions with various phrasing and didn't find much. My best suggestion is to go to MJTech on facebook if you have a Facebook account and ask there. The company website didn't have pdf manuals available. Maybe someone else who has one will eventually chime in here.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know nothing about the Ola mod and couldn't find much, either. On FT's site, this was all I saw, but it may get you to a starting point.

• Variable wattage: Can be adjustable from 7W-65W (in 0.1W increment)
  • Temperature control: Can be adjustable from 200'F-600'F (in 1'F increment) / 100'C-300'C (in 1'C increment)
  • OLED screen display the output wattage, battery level, output voltage, resistance and temperature
  • Quickly press the fire button 5 times to turn to lock/unlock mode
  • Quickly press the fire button 3 times to switch TC/VW mode (2 times click the fire button to change C/F)
  • Support atomizer minimum resistance: 0.1ohm
  • 510 threading connection (spring-loaded brass center pin)
  • Side mounted firing button, without locking ring
  • Houses single 18650 battery (battery sold separately)
  • 5 air holes on the bottom
  • Micro-USB charging port

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know nothing about the Ola mod and couldn't find much, either. On FT's site, this was all I saw, but it may get you to a starting point.

• Variable wattage: Can be adjustable from 7W-65W (in 0.1W increment)
  • Temperature control: Can be adjustable from 200'F-600'F (in 1'F increment) / 100'C-300'C (in 1'C increment)
  • OLED screen display the output wattage, battery level, output voltage, resistance and temperature
  • Quickly press the fire button 5 times to turn to lock/unlock mode
  • Quickly press the fire button 3 times to switch TC/VW mode (2 times click the fire button to change C/F)
  • Support atomizer minimum resistance: 0.1ohm
  • 510 threading connection (spring-loaded brass center pin)
  • Side mounted firing button, without locking ring
  • Houses single 18650 battery (battery sold separately)
  • 5 air holes on the bottom
  • Micro-USB charging port
Thank you-unfortunately this part I remember-it is switching wire types that I can't remember.

I guess it is not a common mod at all-I have tried finding the instructions via google myself, but may contact MJ tech on facebook, sounds like a good idea.

Thank you both for helping me out :).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK-I have contacted them. It is on their facebook page as their newest mod, so this may be why it is not well known.

Someone else had asked the exact same question as me 45 minutes ago, so it's not just me, I am glad about that lol.

Hopefully wake up to a reply tomorrow when they get to work while I sleep, and be able to write down the instructions so we don't forget.

So annoying though, when I know its there, but have tried every button combination I can think of, even multiple presses of buttons, as to switch modes you press fire 3 times quickly, I remember that, its just to choose wire type.

If anyone however owns one on here and does know, it would be a massive help to get it working properly now for her.

I will keep updated if they get back to me.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK-I have contacted them. It is on their facebook page as their newest mod, so this may be why it is not well known.

Someone else had asked the exact same question as me 45 minutes ago, so it's not just me, I am glad about that lol.

Hopefully wake up to a reply tomorrow when they get to work while I sleep, and be able to write down the instructions so we don't forget.

So annoying though, when I know its there, but have tried every button combination I can think of, even multiple presses of buttons, as to switch modes you press fire 3 times quickly, I remember that, its just to choose wire type.

If anyone however owns one on here and does know, it would be a massive help to get it working properly now for her.

I will keep updated if they get back to me.
I did. LOL. In case you couldn't for some reason. Hopefully they answer one of us. I said "her" because it's your fiance.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just wonder if after you do the clicks to get to TC mode, then set the temp in C or F, if clicking the up or down after that part is set will do it. I seriously have no idea, but makes sense in my head, LOL. Good luck Conan.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If they don't respond to comments, you might have ether luck messaging them.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they don't respond to comments, you might have ether luck messaging them.
Well-about 2 weeks ago someone called Basen Amy contacted me, little did I know it is the same company! Hopefully I get a reply as I have messaged her as well as posted on their page, they don't seem to respond on their page.

I did. LOL. In case you couldn't for some reason. Hopefully they answer one of us. I said "her" because it's your fiance.
Haha, I thought it could of been someone on here! I said that to my fiancee, thank you, genuinely trying to help me, I do appreciate that.

It's what I love about this community(Both here and on the UK forum), everyone in general seems to want to help each other-I wish the rest of the world was like this!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wonder if after you do the clicks to get to TC mode, then set the temp in C or F, if clicking the up or down after that part is set will do it. I seriously have no idea, but makes sense in my head, LOL. Good luck Conan.
I have tried that, seriously I have tried holding fire and every button, up and down, fire and up, fire and down, Clicking fire 5 times while holding up, same down, then the reverse with the up/down buttons.

It is so annoying, as I KNOW there was a menu as I tested it before christmas, to make sure I was not giving her a deadly device, and it functioned rather well. It has the Xcube style of TC though, where you just set the temp-but it seemed to work quite well.

It is just really to see if she likes TC, and she got a new tank (Can't remember the name, I own one also, it is a tall RTA, with the deck at the top, and a bottle that goes inside and works like a squonker, has a wolf on the side, mine is SS hers is white, I wish I got the white lol).

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As in some mods, try clicking 4 times, 3 times and/or twice at some point of time. I'm taking a wild guess here. But might worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am pretty good at losing papers. I went to the joytech and koopor websites and downloaded the manuals in pdf form to my phone. Too bad all companies don't make those available.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As in some mods, try clicking 4 times, 3 times and/or twice at some point of time. I'm taking a wild guess here. But might worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have tried literally all combinations I can think of, holding fire and down, holding fire and pressing down different numbers of times, holding all 3 buttons, holding up and pressing fire different number of times, holding down and firing multiple times, I know it was a VERY simple process-I can remember that-but the process seems to be so simple, it is bloody impossible. Complete paradox there lol, but hopefully they respond to me as I have contacted the manufacturer.

Thank you though :).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK-I have to apologise here. My fiancee HAS found the box-and it never had TI mode in the first place.

I was 100% on this one. I am so confused now. So-none of her devices actually have a TI mode.

Time to put in some NI200 then for her if she wants to try TC.

I guess it will have to be single coil on this squonker tank, as I have 27 gauge, and would require FAR too many wraps to work in dual coil mode, I can fit large diameter coils in the tank, but it still works out to like 16 Wraps a side for just 0.1.

I also let her use any of my mods-and as I have the IPV D2 and D3, she is using it on the D2-I might as well let her have the D2 to take home and use as well, as she only goes home to sleep lol, and the D2 has a very good TI mode.

Thanks for everyone that tried to help me, I really did remember a TI mode on this device, but shows how false memories can occur.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well...
OK-I have to apologise here. My fiancee HAS found the box-and it never had TI mode in the first place.

I was 100% on this one. I am so confused now. So-none of her devices actually have a TI mode.

Time to put in some NI200 then for her if she wants to try TC.

I guess it will have to be single coil on this squonker tank, as I have 27 gauge, and would require FAR too many wraps to work in dual coil mode, I can fit large diameter coils in the tank, but it still works out to like 16 Wraps a side for just 0.1.

I also let her use any of my mods-and as I have the IPV D2 and D3, she is using it on the D2-I might as well let her have the D2 to take home and use as well, as she only goes home to sleep lol, and the D2 has a very good TI mode.

Thanks for everyone that tried to help me, I really did remember a TI mode on this device, but shows how false memories can occur.
It's all good Conan. I know I've done similar before. Glad it worked out for you both!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well...

It's all good Conan. I know I've done similar before. Glad it worked out for you both!
Thank you for understanding-I feel bad as people were helping me out, trying to find the info-that did not exist.

I know I have memory problems-but this I remember clear as day, in my mums room, choosing TI. I have come to realise the menu I recognised is actually on the Kanger NEBOX-so just goes to show how the human mind does not recall things correctly, it fills a lot of gaps with information to form basic memory, it is something that interests me the human mind.

A good outcome though-on the IPV D2 she loves TC-she actually said "Oh my god, this is really nice, I can take more vapour without choking". She seems to like the vapour fairly cool, I like it just warm, so goes to show how different people like completely different things in vaping.

Again, thanks to everyone that tried to help me though.

VU Sponsors