Become a Patron!

Could the Kanger DRIP EZ add sqonking to all RDAs?

MasterTriangle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it could be done, with that hose connection you could just drill a hole in the side of any RDA and plug the hose into it. There is a little o-ring on the tip that would seal it, some RDAs would probably take it better than others but there should be an good place to mount it on most of them. If you were insane enough you could split the tube and drip it straight onto each coil maybe lol?

I'm going to try it with some of my RDAs when I can get one (they don't seem to be in full production yet I think?). I haven't tried bottom feeding because the whole squeezy bottle and juice through the stem thing didn't seem like a nice solution to me. Also the bottle seems nice and easy to refill, but the other kanger bottom feeder seemed pretty good for that too.

KRDB90-10.jpg

http://cdn3.volusion.com/pnhwe.bmygz/v/vspfiles/photos/KRDB90-10.jpg
http://cdn3.volusion.com/pnhwe.bmygz/v/vspfiles/photos/KRDB90-8T.jpg
KRDB90-8T.jpg

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do report back, but it honestly looks to me like a frankenvape - hacked together from letfover parts in a box by someone creative, but slightly nuts.
I'm thinking it will leak, probably from four places at once.

I have like gone completely squonkers - squeezing juice from a bottle through the 510 pin works just fine!
If you want to try it, easy cheap tryout would be either the Kanger Dripbox or the Coppervape (it's not copper).
The ones I have are both mechanical (well, the Dripbox has a chip but provides unregulated power to the coil).
Don't bother with the included atties - get something better...

MasterTriangle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't mind the tubes even though it does make it look pretty messy but yeah I probably won't take it places because of it (I don't tend to use RDAs out of the house anyway).
I'm hoping the top holes on this RDA are already the right size for the hose because then it'll drop straight onto the coil and I won't have to modify the shell, although it will reduce top flow a little: https://www.fasttech.com/p/3820602
And yeah the stem feed works fine I just kind of don't want to modify my RDAs that way and I like keeping things interchangeable.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am of similar mind as @Train about the subject. I use a mechanical, fully mechanical mod & squeezing the juice through the 510 pin into an rda does fine. Currently using the Velocity V2 decked rdas here & recommend them as at least fair to good rdas for squonking. You might want to try out low profile, or post-less rdas also. Think Train put a bug in my ear about those & I'm not doubting his opinion of them being good squonking rda. Think I'll try one as soon as able. Ultimately though, try everything & anything out until you find your own unicorn of vaping & remember your way suits you and my way suits me. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't mind the tubes even though it does make it look pretty messy but yeah I probably won't take it places because of it (I don't tend to use RDAs out of the house anyway).
I'm hoping the top holes on this RDA are already the right size for the hose because then it'll drop straight onto the coil and I won't have to modify the shell, although it will reduce top flow a little: https://www.fasttech.com/p/3820602
And yeah the stem feed works fine I just kind of don't want to modify my RDAs that way and I like keeping things interchangeable.

A lot of rda can be converted easily enough using a standardized bottom feed pin. The cost is nominal, too. You can also swap back out to closed bottom pin if you want the rda used as a standard dripper. It isn't too difficult a process but I could understand not wanting the hassle.

MasterTriangle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mmm, maybe, but some of my RDAs don't have the right sort of screws and would need drilling through the bottom, I might just have to bite the bullet and do that though since it is the current standard, I sure am getting sick of carrying around a separate juice bottle...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mmm, maybe, but some of my RDAs don't have the right sort of screws and would need drilling through the bottom, I might just have to bite the bullet and do that though since it is the current standard, I sure am getting sick of carrying around a separate juice bottle...

You might also want to check here. Where a will to squonk exists, a means to squonk exits.

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Drilling a hole in a SS cap, where no starting hole exists, would be a challenge for most people.
A drill press and cobalt bits would be a must IMHO.

MasterTriangle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Normal good drill bits are fine, you just need a lot of lube if you are going at any reasonable speed and yeah a drill press will help you to keep it perfectly straight. It seems most squonk boxes have good seals and such but they have yet to come up with a self-sealing connector and I don't have any high centre post RDAs so I'm expecting a bit of mess when changing coils, or maybe I'm just coming up with excuses since I like the messy tubes aesthetic and the versatility lol, I'll probably start with the dripbox anyway since it has double batteries.

VU Sponsors