Become a Patron!

Could use some advice

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all! I need some recommendations on a new device. I am currently using a eGo AIO. I appear to vape Mouth to Lung. I am ready for a upgrade. I want to keep it simple and have a device that I can take anywhere. I have 3 options that I am currently looking at. They are the Innokin Coolfire IV Plus 70w, the Cool Fire IV TC 100W and the Kanger TopBox Mini 75W. I am looking to purchase one of these in a kit with a included tank. I know with the Kanger I would have to purchase a battery as well. I like the size/shape of these three. The AIO is not bad, but the tank often stays flooded and it leaks and I do have 3 of these all with the same issues. I am using a .05 coil in them but have also used a .06 and a 1. I prefer the .05. My everyday juice is Cuttwood "Boss Reserve". I know with the Kanger the battery is replaceable which honestly is not a huge concern to me right now. I have been vaping about a week now so totally new to this but I am no longer smoking coffin nails. Yay! I do not have an interest in dripping or building coils. I just want to keep it nice and simple. Which one of these three would you recommend and why? Thanks so much!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your welcome, I hope you find what you are looking for. This is a pretty friendly place with a lot of helpful people (oh yeah I'm here too, but the other people are helpful lol:D:giggle:).

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First off Welcome to VU. I know @Deucesjack has the Coolfire 100TC. I tagged him so he can give you his opinion. I don't have any of those mods so I can't be any help. Just wanted to welcome you and tag DJ.

Cheers,
Steve
Thx Steve, I'd be glad to help if I can. I won a Coolfire TC in a contest. I absolutely love the mod and the chip. It's light and extremely accurate. If I had to pay for one though I would get the new TC one with the single 18650. It looks great. While I love the one I have I'm not a fan of internal batteries. Just my personal choice. It does vape beautifully and it is DNA smooth. Some atty's will not sit flush and there will be a gap. It's just the kind of 510 they used. Other than that it's a great lil mod and one of my favorites. Hope I was able to help. Let me know if you have any other questions and welcome to the group.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thx Steve, I'd be glad to help if I can. I won a Coolfire TC in a contest. I absolutely love the mod and the chip. It's light and extremely accurate. If I had to pay for one though I would get the new TC one with the single 18650. It looks great. While I love the one I have I'm not a fan of internal batteries. Just my personal choice. It does vape beautifully and it is DNA smooth. Some atty's will not sit flush and there will be a gap. It's just the kind of 510 they used. Other than that it's a great lil mod and one of my favorites. Hope I was able to help. Let me know if you have any other questions and welcome to the group.

Thanks so much! I just want something where the charge will last all day. I believe the one I am looking at is a 3300 mAh battery. Honestly not sure what that means or what battery that is :/ Total Noob here lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks so much! I just want something where the charge will last all day. I believe the one I am looking at is a 3300 mAh battery. Honestly not sure what that means or what battery that is :/ Total Noob here lol
All day is a relative term with lots of x factors. I get all day out of mine but barely. I'm also a heavy vaper. The mod has 2 amp charging and goes from 0-100% in 90 minutes using a 2 amp brick and cable. That's why I recommend the 18650 tc one. I find it easier to carry a spare battery. I think the 18650 tc one is only 75w.

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All day is a relative term with lots of x factors. I get all day out of mine but barely. I'm also a heavy vaper. The mod has 2 amp charging and goes from 0-100% in 90 minutes using a 2 amp brick and cable. That's why I recommend the 18650 tc one. I find it easier to carry a spare battery. I think the 18650 tc one is only 75w.

Ok great. I would guess that I am not a heavy vaper as the AIO that I am currently using lasts me all day and then just a bit more. If that helps at all. However, now that my tastebuds are coming back I could easily slip into it LOL

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok great. I would guess that I am not a heavy vaper as the AIO that I am currently using lasts me all day and then just a bit more. If that helps at all. However, now that my tastebuds are coming back I could easily slip into it LOL
If the Aio is lasting you all day then you'll have no problem getting all day out of the Coolfire. I would highly recommend you get the TC kit for the few extra dollars you get a pretty decent tank with great coil choices. Even if you don't use TC get the TC one so you can grow into it.

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the Aio is lasting you all day then you'll have no problem getting all day out of the Coolfire. I would highly recommend you get the TC kit for the few extra dollars you get a pretty decent tank with great coil choices. Even if you don't use TC get the TC one so you can grow into it.

Thanks for all your help. I did find the Cool Fire IV Plus that I really really like. It is the Cool Fire IV Plus – Storm Edition. Love the looks. Sadly its on Ebay and it possibly is a fake even though it says that it is authentic. I was looking at the TC Kit still however, because I realize that I could grow into it like you suggested. I think my biggest issue is that by not knowing the technical terms I cannot tell what the differences are between the two mods. #TheStruggleIsRealY'all

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for all your help. I did find the Cool Fire IV Plus that I really really like. It is the Cool Fire IV Plus – Storm Edition. Love the looks. Sadly its on Ebay and it possibly is a fake even though it says that it is authentic. I was looking at the TC Kit still however, because I realize that I could grow into it like you suggested. I think my biggest issue is that by not knowing the technical terms I cannot tell what the differences are between the two mods. #TheStruggleIsRealY'all
The regular Coolfire doesn't do Tc. The Tc one has a real advanced chip in it that is super smooth. Check out vapecrawler.com to find a great price. Just type in what your looking for. You can still run the TC one in wattage mode if you choose to do so.

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The regular Coolfire doesn't do Tc. The Tc one has a real advanced chip in it that is super smooth. Check out vapecrawler.com to find a great price. Just type in what your looking for. You can still run the TC one in wattage mode if you choose to do so.

Thanks for the link! That is some serious awesome-sauce. I really appreciate your help.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Myvaporstore.com has some great prices and quick shipping they have both of the cool fires you are talking about for less than 50$ if I recall correctly

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Myvaporstore.com has some great prices and quick shipping they have both of the cool fires you are talking about for less than 50$ if I recall correctly
Great place and they ship fast. I've used them before.

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I think i am going to get the Innokin TC18650 75W in Red and a Rose Gold Uwell Tank.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think i am going to get the Innokin TC18650 75W in Red and a Rose Gold Uwell Tank.
Great choice. I run my Crowns on it all the time. I think that one also comes in a kit. I wouldn't overlook the Innokin tank. I don't own it but a lot of people really like it. I really like the SS travel kit at myvaporstore.

Last edited:

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have to agree that the innokin tc100 is a really nice mod. Plus the fast charging makes it even better.

VU Sponsors