Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

"Got no time, Got shit to do".

I live in NJ. About 40 miles south of NYC. NYC and NJ have been hit the hardest in America and for good reason. NJ and NYC set records for population density.

To give you an idea - here are the stats. While NJ ranks 47th in total state size, we are ranked 1 in terms of population density.. NJ has almost 1/3 the entire population of Canada or 1/6th the population of Italy or France respectively. Packed in this super small place.

NJ people, in general, tend to be an extremely fast moving bunch that don't have time for nonsense. The reason is simple, it's packed and extremely expensive. Run with it or be run over by it. You can just amplify that by a factor of a billion when you get into NYC. NJ is the pressure valve for NYC. Many of your NYC workers live here.

As of today:

Day to day here is pretty rough - a waste land. Everything is closed. About the only thing you can find are gas stations, fast food, grocery stores, medical, and some convenience stores. Most of those will close by 8pm. We are very out of our element under lock-down. The lock-down is very serious here. People are arrested for religious service gatherings, funerals, etc. If your destination isn't a grocery store,a doctor / hospital, pharmacy, home - do not be on the road. End of Story. It seems our Governor is getting stricter by the day. I work from home so I'm very accustom to this life style. It's interesting to watch all the 9-5 workers handle this. Some keep busy, others are in sheer panic because of what is waiting for us about an hour car ride away.

A Movement - A real possibility.

There is a growing movement here that many of us had covid back in Dec/Jan 2019. There are many people that rarely get sick that got nailed by this mystery bug. I am one of those people.

I am very tuned to my body because of all the medical issues I had. I can count on one hand how many times I got the flu in my life and still have fingers left over ( I don't take the flu shot). In early January I thought I was getting some strange allergy. I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't taste anything, I was coughing, etc. Later that week I had to fly to LA for business. When I got there I was even worse. I might have had 2 meals in 4 days. I wrote a Facebook post about it when I was there.

Still, I thought it was nothing more then being in a new environment - meeting new people - new business relationships.

In the middle of the trip it was rather cool in California, about 65 degrees. I was just sitting waiting to go back to my hotel and my head started to sweat pretty aggressively for no reason at all. When I look back - That very well could have been a fever breaking I never knew I had.

So how to find out. Well - the covid test will not tell you if you had it and recovered. An antibody test would - which will soon be available to the public. I'll be taking that as soon as I can.

Needless to say I unknowingly passed it on to my wife, my son, my mother - all got through it in about a week.

Could have this been allergies? No because everyone around me got sick. Could this be some mystery regular flu? Sure. However, considering one of the major symptoms is the inability to taste anything. I remember complaining to my wife that I could eat a snickers or a sneaker - it would taste the same. I have had that before from being sick but this was different. I had zero taste buds. I lost about 10lbs because of it.

Many experts are saying it had to be going around the population undetected for months for NYC and NJ to be hit this bad.

Conspiracy!

I do think this is serious, I do generally think everyone should kept home. If what I had was covid - it kicked my ass. If it wasn't - I hope you don't get what I did.

I think most of the experts say things in generality to cover their asses, politicians scramble to make sure their poll numbers are good and or take advantage, and the media spits nothing but bad news and death because it works for ratings.

I started a Facebook Group about covid for the curious. This isn't some grand conspiracy group but I do like deeper understanding and not sound bites.

http://www.covid100.com

IEuRv4CJOrk

Click here to get more information on this deal....

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I live in NJ. About 40 miles south of NYC. NYC and NJ have been hit the hardest in America and for good reason. NJ and NYC set records for population density.

To give you an idea - here are the stats. While NJ ranks 47th in total state size, we are ranked 1 in terms of population density.. NJ has almost 1/3 the entire population of Canada or 1/6th the population of Italy or France respectively. Packed in this super small place.

NJ people, in general, tend to be an extremely fast moving bunch that don't have time for nonsense. The reason is simple, it's packed and extremely expensive. Run with it or be run over by it. You can just amplify that by a factor of a billion when you get into NYC. NJ is the pressure valve for NYC. Many of your NYC workers live here.

As of today:

Day to day here is pretty rough - a waste land. Everything is closed. About the only thing you can find are gas stations, fast food, grocery stores, medical, and some convenience stores. Most of those will close by 8pm. We are very out of our element under lock-down. The lock-down is very serious here. People are arrested for religious service gatherings, funerals, etc. If your destination isn't a grocery store,a doctor / hospital, pharmacy, home - do not be on the road. End of Story. It seems our Governor is getting stricter by the day. I work from home so I'm very accustom to this life style. It's interesting to watch all the 9-5 workers handle this. Some keep busy, others are in sheer panic because of what is waiting for us about an hour car ride away.

There is a growing movement here that many of us had covid back in Dec/Jan 2019. There are many people that rarely get sick that got nailed by this mystery bug. I am one of those people.

I am very tuned to my body because of all the medical issues I had. I can count on one hand how many times I got the flu in my life and still have fingers left over ( I don't take the flu shot). In early January I thought I was getting some strange allergy. I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't taste anything, I was coughing, etc. Later that week I had to fly to LA for business. When I got there I was even worse. I might have had 2 meals in 4 days. I wrote a Facebook post about it when I was there.

Still, I thought it was nothing more then being in a new environment - meeting new people - new business relationships.

In the middle of the trip it was rather cool in California, about 65 degrees. I was just sitting waiting to go back to my hotel and my head started to sweat pretty aggressively for no reason at all. When I look back - That very well could have been a fever breaking I never knew I had.

So how to find out. Well - the covid test will not tell you if you had it and recovered. An antibody test would - which will soon be available to the public. I'll be taking that as soon as I can.

Needless to say I unknowingly passed it on to my wife, my son, my mother - all got through it in about a week.

Could have this been allergies? No because everyone around me got sick. Could this be some mystery regular flu? Sure. However, considering one of the major symptoms is the inability to taste anything. I remember complaining to my wife that I could eat a snickers or a sneaker - it would taste the same. I have had that before from being sick but this was different. I had zero taste buds. I lost about 10lbs because of it.

Many experts are saying it had to be going around the population undetected for months for NYC and NJ to be hit this bad.

Conspiracy!

I do think this is serious, I do generally think everyone should kept home. If what I had was covid - it kicked my ass. If it wasn't - I hope you don't get what I did.

I think most of the experts say things in generality to cover their asses, politicians scramble to make sure their poll numbers are good and or take advantage, and the media spits nothing but bad news and death because it works for ratings.

I started a Facebook Group about covid for the curious. This isn't some grand conspiracy group but I do like deeper understanding and not sound bites.

IEuRv4CJOrk

Oh, Holy shit, Joe!
My God. I'm so glad you shared this. Thank God all of you are 'okay' now *for now*. And that you all get tested. I can't fathom the fear you had. I wonder when/if the guidelines for testing will be loosened.

Of course, please keep us posted. If not for you, we wouldn't be here, banding together to weather this storm.

Be well! Stay safe!

(I had a bug in December that was the oddest thing I've ever experienced. All they symptoms but no fever. My taste buds are still sick.)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m so glad you brought this up, Joe. I went into the City in November and caught something nasty. It came back twice. I thought I was crazy or imagining it.

Thanks for the info. Stay safe and love to Tyger.

Edit: I couldn’t access the group through that link.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, Holy shit, Joe!
My God. I'm so glad you shared this. Thank God all of you are 'okay' now *for now*. And that you all get tested. I can't fathom the fear you had. I wonder when/if the guidelines for testing will be loosened.

Of course, please keep us posted. If not for you, we wouldn't be here, banding together to weather this storm.

Be well! Stay safe!

(I had a bug in December that was the oddest thing I've ever experienced. All they symptoms but no fever. My taste buds are still sick.)

You too, Trixy? When we’re you sick? I remember reading it on Pami’s thread. Stay safe!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Glad you brought this up..
Back in February I had what I thought at the time was the one of the worst episodes of flu I've had. Like you. I dont get sick often. Partially because in take an antibiotic about once a week to manage one of my existing medical conditions. Never the less, I spent about a solid week with my first feeling like an elephant was sitting on it; and, another 2 weeks with a cough so bad that I felt like I fractured a rib.
Now, my wife is coming close to mimicking those symptoms. Neither of us have taught medical treatment yet, but we're both pretty sure this isn't the flu, it just feels different.
Hope your family recovers well and I'll be keeping them in my prayers along with everyone in the healthcare community.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad you brought this up..
Back in February I had what I thought at the time was the one of the worst episodes of flu I've had. Like you. I dont get sick often. Partially because in take an antibiotic about once a week to manage one of my existing medical conditions. Never the less, I spent about a solid week with my first feeling like an elephant was sitting on it; and, another 2 weeks with a cough so bad that I felt like I fractured a rib.
Now, my wife is coming close to mimicking those symptoms. Neither of us have taught medical treatment yet, but we're both pretty sure this isn't the flu, it just feels different.
Hope your family recovers well and I'll be keeping them in my prayers along with everyone in the healthcare community.

Was your cough really dry? And did you have nausea and diarrhea at all, too? I’m not trying to be personal, just curious. I had bad stomach symptoms for a day or so.
Stay safe!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m pretty sure I had it, too.

I happened to be going to my yearly physical. When I got my temp taken, they asked me if I was feeling ok. I said I was fine. They said, well, you have a fever....nothing serious, but still. I went on the rest of my day fine until the evening. Developed a dry cough(high in the chest)and just felt crappy, in general. Had the same, unchanging cough for a week and a half. Fever only for the one day. Cough was so bad I couldn’t speak for more than a minute and had to be propped up in bed to sleep. Unfortunately, never felt bad enough to not work.....I own a restaurant. Worked that weekend, on the floor(bussing tables). That means I exposed not only my staff, but about 500-700 people that weekend. Sigh.......

I am also looking forward to taking the antibody test.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Was your cough really dry? And did you have nausea and diarrhea at all, too? I’m not trying to be personal, just curious. I had bad stomach symptoms for a day or so.
Stay safe!
Not sure what they mean by a dry cough..
No crud was coming up, and it was pretty harsh.
I didnt have any gi issue out of the ordinary, but that doesn't happen in a cases.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure what they mean by a dry cough..
No crud was coming up, and it was pretty harsh.
I didnt have any gi issue out of the ordinary, but that doesn't happen in a cases.

That’s a dry cough. Like you cough, and nothing comes up and it hurts.

I hope you and your old lady are alright. Get well soon.

As of today:

Conspiracy!

IEuRv4CJOrk

Hello All,

I too live in NJ. It's ironic you say about the "mystery bug" back in Dec/Jan. My mom laid on her couch for 10 days with some mystery sickness in the 2nd & 3rd week of January. Neither my son or I caught it but were around her constantly. A couple of weeks later she was hit with a nasty stomach virus for a good 5 days. Projectile vomiting & explosive diarrhea. I didn't catch that one either, but my 12 year old son didn't fare so well! The week after he had it. He was the sickest I've ever seen him! I very rarely get sick though i do have a preexisting condition that has affected my lungs in the past (pulmonary embolisms). She works from home (though she can work wherever she has a laptop & internet access), but frequents Atlantic City a lot. That's where she believes she caught it from & believes it was the Covid.

Otherwise I live in Northern Burlington county. Right outside a major military base that hosts 3 branches. It's been a ghost town here as well. Especially after 8. I'm from Elizabeth originally. The Northeastern part of the state has been whacked! Especially those counties that border the City. Toms River is in rough shape as well. Ocean county has a similar amount of cases to Union or Essex county. Where I live borders Ocean County. A lot of retirement villages there.

I'm not an overly religious person, but i pray for all of those affected by this scourge! I hope all of you stay safe & well!
Also Vape On!!!!

Oh, Holy shit, Joe!

Be well! Stay safe!

Probably when the home testing kits become available. My mom has been itching to know if it was the Vid that she had in Jan.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello All,

I too live in NJ. It's ironic you say about the "mystery bug" back in Dec/Jan. My mom laid on her couch for 10 days with some mystery sickness in the 2nd & 3rd week of January. Neither my son or I caught it but were around her constantly. A couple of weeks later she was hit with a nasty stomach virus for a good 5 days. Projectile vomiting & explosive diarrhea. I didn't catch that one either, but my 12 year old son didn't fare so well! The week after he had it. He was the sickest I've ever seen him! I very rarely get sick though i do have a preexisting condition that has affected my lungs in the past (pulmonary embolisms). She works from home (though she can work wherever she has a laptop & internet access), but frequents Atlantic City a lot. That's where she believes she caught it from & believes it was the Covid.

Otherwise I live in Northern Burlington county. Right outside a major military base that hosts 3 branches. It's been a ghost town here as well. Especially after 8. I'm from Elizabeth originally. The Northeastern part of the state has been whacked! Especially those counties that border the City. Toms River is in rough shape as well. Ocean county has a similar amount of cases to Union or Essex county. Where I live borders Ocean County. A lot of retirement villages there.

I'm not an overly religious person, but i pray for all of those affected by this scourge! I hope all of you stay safe & well!
Also Vape On!!!!

Glad you’re doing okay! I had a similar experience to your mom, unfortunately.
My hubs is from Elizabeth too, but we’re in NY now. Hope you and your family stay safe and well. ( And yes, vape on! )

VU Sponsors