Become a Patron!

Crazy Jelly Atomizer - UD

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Crazy Jelly Atomizer from UD. The Crazy Jelly Atomizer was supplied for the purpose of this review by Nelson from UD.

http://www.yourcig.com/products/Crazy-Jelly-Atomizer

Introduction

I was sent both the 2ml and 4ml versions and while waiting for them i was under the impression the Crazy Jelly atomizer was another disposable tank like the Vzone Preco and was actually looking forward to it's arrival as i was very surprised by the Preco's good performance so was interested in the comparison. When the Crazy Jelly atomizers arrived i was surprised to find they are not disposable but actually the coil can be replaced but like a disposable tank is made of cheap materials making it very affordable. The tank section of the Crazy Jelly is pod like and fits into a base completing the tank, very interesting! So i'll crack on and give my thoughts on the pod/tank hybrid Crazy Jelly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 X Atomizer 4ml or 2ml (TPD edition)
1 X 0.2ohm Coil
1 X Accessories package
1 X Instruction Manual

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics

Both samples of the Crazy Jelly Atomizer came in plastic trays inside small cardboard boxes. I received the Green 4ml version and the Purple TPD compliant 2ml version, it's also available in Black and both the Black and Green versions have Chrome coloured bases while the Purple version has a Black base. The name Crazy Jelly comes from the all in one coloured tank section which is completely translucent. The bottom section has "CRAZY JELLY" lightly etched and slight textured design. The base has printed branding and safety stamps, the 510 threading is sturdy and 510 is Gold plated. The threading and overall build quality is surprisingly good and as to be expected with a plastic tank it's very light.

Crazy Jelly Specs and Features:

Diameter: 24mm
Height: 43mm (4ml edition) 33mm (2ml edition)
Coil: 0.2ohm
Capacity: 4ml/2ml
Material: PCTG
Colour: Purple, Black, Aqua

Filling the Tank

The top section of the Crazy Jelly unscrews from the base section and i was surprised how smooth the threading is. Once unscrewed the tank section does have a pod like look and like a pod on the underside we have a silicone bung which when removed reveals a decent filling port and small hole to allow air to escape. Most size nozzles will be fine with a bit of care but i personally used a needle nosed bottle, once filled just replace the bung, screw back onto the base and if it's the first fill with the coil leave to stand for a few minutes before vaping. One thing to mention is although the tanks are coloured they are perfectly translucent enough to see your juice level without any problem.

Changing the Coil

Changing the coil couldn't be easier, first obviously unscrew the tank from the base and the turn it upside down to reveal the underneath. Simply pull the coil out and then push your fresh coil in it's place remembering to prime it first. That's it, now simply screw the tank back on to the base, the coils are 0.2ohm and SS316L with a rating of 40W - 70W

The Airflow

The airflow is non-adjustable with the air getting to the coil via 4 cutouts evenly spaced around the outside of the very bottom of the base, air enter the base through these cutouts and then is allowed to feed the coil by travelling up the internal bore.

Anti Spit-Back

In the base of the drip tip section of the tank we have a propeller shape with a central ball, the idea is any spits will hit the ball while the design allows for the vape to easily pass around the ball so it won't act as a flavour killer!

My Experience Using The Crazy Jelly Atomizer

Just like the Preco disposable tank i was surprised just how good the plastic tank performed. The flavour isn't what you will get even with a very average RDA or RTA or as good as mesh stock coils but still the flavour is surprisingly good. The airflow was spot on for me being a quite restrictive lung hit but i'm not everyone so not being able to adjust the airflow will be a drawback for some. The little ball centred propeller did it's job preventing any spitting hitting my lips and overall i have to give the Crazy Jelly the thumbs up. I found with the 0.2ohm coil (i believe it is the only coil available) 50W was the sweet spot giving good flavour and decent cloud, i also had no issues with leaking. The only thing i would say is because part of the tanks marketing is although it's made out of the same cheap materials as a disposable tank the coil can be replaced then to emphasise that point a spare coil would make the Crazy Jelly attract a lot more interest in my opinion.

Final Thoughts

The Crazy Jelly certainly has it's uses but it's down to the individual whether their vaping habits would take advantage of one or some of it's uses or not. If the tank does become of interest it's really down to cost whether the Crazy Jelly is a better alternative to a totally disposable tank (and how environmentally conscious you are) and while being promoted as a low cost alternative as yet i can't find how much the Crazy Jelly will actually cost.

Cheap sub-ohm vaping option (how cheap still in the dark)
Aesthetically in my opinion looks ok
Good threading
As durable feeling as an all plastic tank can be
Good flavour
Decent cloud
Replaceable Coil
Easy coil change
Nice restrictive lung hit
2ml and 4ml versions
No leaking issues

Cons

Airflow non-adjustable
No spare coil
Plastic (obviously metal tanks look better)

I would once again like to thank Nelson from UD for supplying the Crazy Jelly Atomizer for the purpose of this review.

http://www.yourcig.com/products/Crazy-Jelly-Atomizer

VU Sponsors