Become a Patron!

Database of used equipment value?

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
I couldn't figure out any other place to post this, but this seemed like the right forum.

Does anyone keep anything like a website with a database that would allow people to figure out what stuff is worth? Thinking of starting one but do not want to reinvent the wheel.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never seen one and it seems to me it would be a fruitless endeavor.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There is this one.
It's not very complete and also has other kinds of vaping stuff included.
Nothing wrong with a better database. :)

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why would it be a fruitless endeavor? Honestly just curious. This was something I was always thinking about making when I was selling on ebay in 2018.
It would be a fun project, but the issue I see is gathering sufficient, reliable data without spending your entire life manually inserting new sale records (assuming you want to track what a particular product sells for across time). I don't think you could reliably scrape it since many locations do not publish a sale, or if they do the sale price may not be listed (people often replace the cost with "Sold" for example).

You would likely need to establish a voluntary deal notary process at as many sites, forums, fb groups, etc as possible. Then reading and inserting each sale might then be possible.

VU Sponsors