Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ohms can't be set. Ohms is read only.

Start at lower watts/ or volts and gradually increase to the desire vape.
To select either the wattage or voltage setting to appear in the main display window of the OLED screen simply press the Power/Fire button along with the Plus + Button for Wattage Mode, or the minus – Button for the Voltage. To adjust the value currently displayed use simply press either the + Button to increase that value, or the Minus – Button to decrease that value.

IMO, Iclear 16 isn't going to vape well over 10-12 watts. I use 16's 2.1 ohms every morning at 10 watts. They are finicky at times.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So my brand new mvp 3.0 is being weird. I think I pressed a button because every time I try to fire it, it either doesn't work, tastes burnt, or (very rarely) it hits perfectly. My ohms comes out differently every time. It can be at a perfect 2.3, it can go up to 3.0 and it tastes burnt, or there are two blank lines. I'm using an iclear 16 tank. Is there any way to turn off the ohms or to set it to stay at 2.3? Help much appreciated. I'm a fairly new beginner to vaping, and this is my first box mod. This is very frustrating. And yes, I've read the manual over and over again, but it hasn't helped. Please help:)
The jumping of the resistance (Ohm) is usually a sign of a bad contact somewhere.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The jumping of the resistance (Ohm) is usually a sign of a bad contact somewhere.
^^^^Yes^^^^

When your Ohms move all over the place, the mod will supply what ever power is needed to achieve what ever watt setting you have selected. So if your Ohms go to 3, the mod will increase volts to achieve the watt setting at 3 ohms, while in reality the coil is much lower in Ohms resistance, thus burned hits.

D

dylan kotrous

^^^^Yes^^^^

When your Ohms move all over the place, the mod will supply what ever power is needed to achieve what ever watt setting you have selected. So if your Ohms go to 3, the mod will increase volts to achieve the watt setting at 3 ohms, while in reality the coil is much lower in Ohms resistance, thus burned hits.
Funny thing is, I was cleaning my Iclear 16 tank, and I'm not sure if I screwed on the coils / base on tight enough. Do you think if I tighten these spots, then my problem will be fixed?
Ohms can't be set. Ohms is read only.

Start at lower watts/ or volts and gradually increase to the desire vape.
To select either the wattage or voltage setting to appear in the main display window of the OLED screen simply press the Power/Fire button along with the Plus + Button for Wattage Mode, or the minus – Button for the Voltage. To adjust the value currently displayed use simply press either the + Button to increase that value, or the Minus – Button to decrease that value.

IMO, Iclear 16 isn't going to vape well over 10-12 watts. I use 16's 2.1 ohms every morning at 10 watts. They are finicky at times.
Thank you so much. There are NO bad hits, but the ohms are still jumping all over the place, resulting in some strong hits and some medium sized hits. You partially fixed my problem, so thank you:)

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Funny thing is, I was cleaning my Iclear 16 tank, and I'm not sure if I screwed on the coils / base on tight enough. Do you think if I tighten these spots, then my problem will be fixed?

Yes this would cause the problem.
If you have a replacement coil, you might have to try a new one.

D

dylan kotrous

Yes this would cause the problem.
If you have a replacement coil, you might have to try a new one.
You sir, are right. It's a shame. Just bought this iclear about a week ago. When I first started vaping, i fell in love with the Iclear series, particularly the 16, and I don't think that the iclear series will really work with this bigger, more powerful mod. I've heard the kangertech goes along greatly with the mvp series. Thank you for everything!

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You sir, are right. It's a shame. Just bought this iclear about a week ago. When I first started vaping, i fell in love with the Iclear series, particularly the 16, and I don't think that the iclear series will really work with this bigger, more powerful mod. I've heard the kangertech goes along greatly with the mvp series. Thank you for everything!

I've been told these go well with the MVP.
http://www.aspirecig.com/products/tank-series/tank35.html
http://www.aspirecig.com/products/tank-series/tank156.html

VU Sponsors