Become a Patron!

Delosi Nic Salt taste issue...

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got some freebase and nic salt from Delosi a few months back. Had never used the salts before and after a comparison, I really like the almost nill flavor of the nic salt so I havent used the freebase since the first comparison. I diy my own non menthol version of Grack and while it isn't 'great', it's worked for me for many years. Recently, when I exhale, it tastes like a real cigarette... very nasty. I did have covid a few months back that has messed with my taste/smell a bit but this just started happening recently. I changed my coil, still tastes like a real cig after exhale. I did make a bigger batch of juice this last time so perhaps it's from sitting too long? It's only been a month since I mixed this batch. Nic is kept in the freezer since the day it arrived and I use all the same flavors/brands that I always have from Bull City. The mixed juice is not kept cold so I'm wondering if it's just steeped too long. I'm not sure if it's me or if perhaps others have experienced this issue... Thanks for your feedback!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you left it uncapped I might suggest oxidation. Sometimes this sort of "blanches" out nicotine for me in the juice I use, unflavored or with flavors. I usually don't think much on it. Then, I've limited tastes due to no smell. Beyond that, not sure what else I could contribute.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you left it uncapped I might suggest oxidation. Sometimes this sort of "blanches" out nicotine for me in the juice I use, unflavored or with flavors. I usually don't think much on it. Then, I've limited tastes due to no smell. Beyond that, not sure what else I could contribute.
Thanks for your insight! I make/mix/store it in a 12oz condiment bottle with a nipple and cap on it, but getting down to the end of the bottle, there is plenty of air in there with it. I'll try putting next batch into 1oz bottles so there isn't any air in there. I used to do this but the last couple batches I left it in the big bottle and then just squirt some into a 1oz bottle as needed.

VU Sponsors