Become a Patron!

Demon Killer Coils...

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Picked up a pack of assorted coils from FT before they closed.... Decided to try an Alien V2 coil and now I see why they are called Demon Killers - they shoot molten juice onto your tongue and lips - hot enough to kill a f'n demon!

Tried this one so far...
DK Alien V2.jpg
Says it's .25ohm but clipped at 6mm, it's .35ohm...??? SMH!!!

These are awfully shiny - wondering if maybe they are SS and need to be run a a device that has a SS setting???
Can't access listing on FT and they seem to have been discontinued - can't find them on demonkillervip.com
DK Shiny.jpg

Any advice before I throw these in the trash and use the container for something else??

DK coils 1.jpg
DK Coils 2.jpg

Cool Logo though...
DK Logo.jpg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had an experience with those once, I quickly learned that with some Chinese coil makers even they don’t know what metals are used. For me it wasn’t worth trying to save a few bucks, although I did find that pre-burning them with a lighter before firing on a mod helped. I think I got one decent build before I tossed them

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Picked up a pack of assorted coils from FT before they closed.... Decided to try an Alien V2 coil and now I see why they are called Demon Killers - they shoot molten juice onto your tongue and lips - hot enough to kill a f'n demon!

Tried this one so far...
View attachment 200414
Says it's .25ohm but clipped at 6mm, it's .35ohm...??? SMH!!!

These are awfully shiny - wondering if maybe they are SS and need to be run a a device that has a SS setting???
Can't access listing on FT and they seem to have been discontinued - can't find them on demonkillervip.com
View attachment 200416

Any advice before I throw these in the trash and use the container for something else??

View attachment 200412
View attachment 200413

Cool Logo though...
View attachment 200415
Give the framed clapton a shot, I think that’s the one I had success with.

Good luck!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's been quite a while, but if I remember right I also had them reading higher in ohms than what was advertised. I also felt most if not all had way too much mass for what they ohmed at. I believe I pulled either a 1/2 or full wrap out of them (depending what atty they went in). Iirc, I think I really enjoyed most of them that way.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's been quite a while, but if I remember right I also had them reading higher in ohms than what was advertised. I also felt most if not all had way too much mass for what they ohmed at. I believe I pulled either a 1/2 or full wrap out of them (depending what atty they went in). Iirc, I think I really enjoyed most of them that way.
Yeah, the one I used completely filled up the space in this little Elder Dragon - like 1/16th inch away from the deck on each side - I was a bit worried but on regulated mod, felt safe trying it, lol

It seemed that these types of coils would hold more liquid and have more surface area so the idea was intriguing - but the lava spitting on my tongue is rather unpleasant, lol

Instead of rebuilding the ED, I decided to fire up the OG Profile, lol No spitting with mesh! And I thought the Profile 1.5 was hard to build... sheesh! Wicking this OG/mesh is brutal! Back to my search for a magnifying device!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Two things I would look at first for popping and spitting. Heat applied to the coil, and wicking. If you don't have enough power (again too much coil mass plays a huge part in this) would cause that. Also, I personally would stuff these coils pretty damn tight with wick, especially on an rda. Not enough, spitting, and really hard to have "too much" in an rda.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Elder Dragons are prone to spitting if there's a large coil in them anyway. They work better with smaller, simpler coils. Five wrap 26awg N80 or SS, standard stuff. Also be careful not to over- drip or -squonk.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Elder Dragons are prone to spitting if there's a large coil in them anyway. They work better with smaller, simpler coils. Five wrap 26awg N80 or SS, standard stuff. Also be careful not to over- drip or -squonk.
Thanks for that, I'll try them in a bigger rda!!

I read about the 'not enough wick' so I did rewick it and used so much that I could barely get it through... Continued to spit.

I was using on a cheaper mod that doesn't have any ramp up settings... Even at 45 watts, this .35ohm took a second or two to ramp up. I didn't try cranking it up in fear of it getting worse... It was spitting at 2 to 3 seconds in.

Also read that over squonking can do that but it spit all the way down until it was nearly dry - last 2 hits before a dry burn didn't spit.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Coil is to high. Get it rite n the ed is awsome.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I run 3mm id big coils in the ed. Works gr8

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run 3mm id big coils in the ed. Works gr8
I've run 3mm, .18ohm, single wire in it for a couple months with no issues. This Demon Killer Alien V2 is 3.5mm and .35ohm... Just barely fits without touching the vents. Is maybe 1/16th inch away from touching vents.

VU Sponsors