Become a Patron!

Dense creamy flavor

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a recipe that needs a dense, creamy mouthful flavor. It's too airy and light like a lot of my bakery/custard recipes. Something thick like this Louisiana humidity where you can take a knife and cut a chunk out of mid-air to suck on. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edit to say I saw where Nick Evans suggested Sugar Cookie for the mouthful bakery type flavor but that wouldn't work in a lot of cases. Maybe there is a cream or two out there?

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a recipe that needs a dense, creamy mouthful flavor. It's too airy and light like a lot of my bakery/custard recipes. Something thick like this Louisiana humidity where you can take a knife and cut a chunk out of mid-air to suck on. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edit to say I saw where Nick Evans suggested Sugar Cookie for the mouthful bakery type flavor but that wouldn't work in a lot of cases. Maybe there is a cream or two out there?
So I would suggest a couple of things……

Hangsen or Flavorah Cream
Any marshmallow(particularly OOO vanilla marshmallow)
A custard. I would need to know the recipe before suggesting.

Hope this helps. It’s early, so my brain is just waking up. I’ll post if I think of anything else.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here are some other suggestions some of which may work also when combined with the advice you've already been given above.
  • https://www.bullcityflavors.com/mascarpone-cream-ssa
  • TFA Cotton Candy─use it in very small amounts, just to replace some small portion of your other sweetener(s) you use, but also be aware that it can tend to alter the flavor result of your recipe somewhat, for better or worse, and especially for worse if you use too much, in addition to it being a type of sweetener that differs from other sweeteners... as this one increases the mouthfeel where the other ones do not, or they barely do.
  • TFA Milk/Dairy─use it to adjust the flavor of your creamy base, i.e. by adding it in very small amounts to get a milky subnote or adding it in very slightly bigger amounts to get a more buttery subnote. Add even just a little bit too much and it will taste like strong cheese overpowering the whole recipe so be careful.
To be able to correctly measure these very small amounts, test samples should be made big enough, and, because you're doing a cream base, also expect to have to deal with very long steeping times. Good things come to those who wait... :D

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer the MB so far over the VT, the VT gets weird for me if I go 1% or more, tend to keep it at 0.50% to 0.85% max. I can go higher with the MB but tend to keep it around 1 to 1.5% but still working with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors