Become a Patron!

Deployed Soldier - Care Package

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First --- I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this topic, so if we need to move it no problem.
Second --- I'm not sure if this is even a thing or appropriate to ask or bring up, if not, we can close this thread and it's ok.

So --- on with the inquiry and request.

My soon to be daughter in-law was just deployed to Germany / Poland for 9 months as of Monday of this week. This Christmas, while she was at our house for the holidays, I was able to get her off the stinkies and into vaping. My wife and I will be putting together a soldier care package to ship to her during her deployment. This care package would include the typical "care package" items like candies, chips, foods, etc. Well, now we get to include e-juice and vape hardware. :D

While she was here, we got her setup with a SMOK X Cube II and an Aspire Cleito tank with some coils.
We chose the SMOK X Cube II & Aspire Cleito Tank because:
  1. MOD: It had an internal battery (easy to charge, no loose batteries)
  2. TANK: Easy to change coils, AFC would go down to MTL levels, wide choice of coils, she loved how it hit
  3. They were on sale at a local B&M (she was only with us for 1 week)

The Big Question: WOULD anyone be willing or want to take part in a few care package deliveries over the next 9 months of her deployment?

----------
  • E-Juice received in glass containers will be repackaged in LDPE dripper bottles to safeguard any breakage.
  • Anything glass or possibly breakable (ie attys) will be packaged in bubble wrap before shipping
  • Items from forum members will be wrapped separate in packing paper and labeled from the individual donator so that she knows who it was donated by.
Shipment #1
  • Candies (sweddish fish, )
  • Chips (pringles sour cream onion, )
  • Art Supplies (sketchbooks, color pencils, )
    • Sketching and Drawing Artist Set (Thank you! @JuicyLucy)
  • Juice
    • DIY (Buttermint Sugar Cookie, )
    • Store ()
  • Coils
    • 5-Pack Aspire Cleito .4ohm Coils (need to purchase)
    • 5-Pack Aspire EVO .5ohm Clapton Coils (need to purchase)
  • Atty
    • Aspire Atlantis v2 Tank (have)
If I can get her into doing coils and wicking
(investigating living conditions, this is a running thought list of mine, Video chat is available and I can teach her via this method)
  • Geekvape or Coil Master Starter Kit
  • -- or -- Individual needed tools
  • Cotton Labo Large Pads (need to purchase)
  • 26g KA1
  • 26g SS316L
  • Pre-Made coils for shipped atty's
  • Wotofo Serpent Atty (already have)

** Any additional ideas are VERY welcome, even if you are unable to send anything.

Last edited:

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in. Let me know what you need and where,to send it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What are you looking for?

I'm down :)

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All I ever asked for was socks cigs and chew. But that was Iraq. Any ways, that cleito has an rba right? Would you want some fused Clapton's or aliens or anything like that to put in there? Not sure if she would want to get into that or not but I'm offering.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm in. Let me know what you need and where,to send it.
Awesome! Thank you caihlen!

What are you looking for?
I'm down :)
Awesome! Thank you JuicyLucy!

My wife is putting together a typical soldier care package list (our son just got out of the Army, so we have gone through this before :D ).
I'm putting together the "vape" related package list.

We are open to ideas. Non perishable foods are always good ... munchies :popcorn:
E-Juice and coils (current tank) are BIG ONES as she has no where to get that while on post and she doesn't DIY yet.
HOWEVER, with DIY, my wife and I do DIY juice, so supplies would be really cool and I will mix up her favorite recipes and send them to her in 120ml bottles. She is really into art and drawing. So art supplies, sketch books, coloring books, etc she said were really cool ideas.

---------------------
I will update the first post with the current contents to be going in the first delivery.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
cleito has an rba right
She doesn't have the RBA for it. I was going to get it but didn't have time to show her how to do coils and stuff while she was here. I'm not sure she would be quite there yet either. She can be a little ditzy sometimes. ;)

I may end up buying the tank and a couple of RBAs for me to fiddle with. I could then do a video showing her exactly how to do it and then ship her the supplies on the next run.

Last edited:

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Offer stands always. If and when she wants to do it or you send it, I'm here with coils in hand.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Offer stands always. If and when she wants to do it or you send it, I'm here with coils in hand.
Awesome! Thank you Whiskeywarrior!

I've emailed her and asked her to send me pictures of her living quarters, to see if she even has somewhere she can do coils. My son (he doesn't smoke or vape, he did pick up drinking like a fish though) was in Afgan and was living in a tent with 5 other guys, so those kinds of conditions wouldn't have been optimal for doing coils and wicking.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahh she's in Germany. Very nice quarters there. It's apartment living really.
Yeah the drinking thing goes hand in hand with being young in a high stress environment with a bunch of other guys your age with a ton of steam to blow off.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We are open to ideas. Non perishable foods are always good ... munchies :popcorn:
E-Juice and coils (current tank) are BIG ONES as she has no where to get that while on post and she doesn't DIY yet.
HOWEVER, with DIY, my wife and I do DIY juice, so supplies would be really cool and I will mix up her favorite recipes and send them to her in 120ml bottles. She is really into art and drawing. So art supplies, sketch books, coloring books, etc she said were really cool ideas.

Please don't think you have to do anything outside of the vaping realm. These were just things she and my wife were talking about today via email / chat.
100% your decision on what you would like to contribute. EVERYTHING will be very appreciated and welcomed.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ahh she's in Germany. Very nice quarters there. It's apartment living really.
From what she was telling my wife today, she is being bounced from Germany, to Polland, then somewhere else, then back to Germany during this 9 months. So I'm going to have to hit the shipments as she arrives at the location so that we don't miss her and things have to get forwarded to a new base.

Yeah the drinking thing goes hand in hand with being young in a high stress environment with a bunch of other guys your age with a ton of steam to blow off.
I've been very thankful he didn't pick up the smoking and chewing. Drinking (to a limit) I can handle, but the rest of it is extremely hard to break that habit. I know, I just did it and tried for 8 years! Thank God for vaping!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well -- Coil building is not going to be an option for her. These are her living quarters / conditions thus far. In a massive tent!
They must have torn down all of the apartments due to government spending cutbacks. :confused:

20170113_205430 (Medium).jpg

Hacan

Member For 4 Years
Yeah you right coil building is never a good option out here at least in my personal opinion.
I am also thinking to request fellows for sm vaping kits n juices for my buddies as it would be a big treat around here.

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just made it simple for her. I got a couple of Eleaf GS-Tank and a crap ton of coils from @Whiskey and put them in the box. Those will last her a while.
She also got about 240ml of juices in the box as well. So hopefully that will hold her over until the next box goes out, which won't be until she gets to her next location in ?? April ??

98e5548a-3c79-4c66-abf2-ed87c6964b02_zpsgjmydqeb.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1497_zps5tvaojhn.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First I noticed this, count me in. I'll get back with you tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just made it simple for her. I got a couple of Eleaf GS-Tank and a crap ton of coils from @Whiskey and put them in the box. Those will last her a while.
She also got about 240ml of juices in the box as well. So hopefully that will hold her over until the next box goes out, which won't be until she gets to her next location in ?? April ??

That is a damn good tank for the money. It's a good tank even if it was expensive. The coils last a good while, are inexpensive comparatively speaking with regard to other coils.

I still have a few of those tanks....haven't used one in awhile, but they work.... work well...!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!:hearts:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First I noticed this, count me in. I'll get back with you tomorrow.

I'm down. This is awesome and I would love to help.
Thank you guys! First shipment has already been sent, so next shipment will be roughly April time frame when she gets moved to her new station. From my understanding, she's not going to be in just one placed, but shipped around "Hell's (Germany) 1/2 acre" for her 9 month deployment, so we have to plan the shipments very closely to when she arrives at the base so that we can make sure she gets it.

So I no where near want to Intrude on your request but I was wondering if anyone knows of a company that would ship some stuff to Iraq. I as worried my set up would be seized on my way in but i would've be just fine. I have everything in storage and even would look into buying a used setup off somebody if they have anything laying around. I'll be here for a while longer and am getting a little antsy not having a mod handy. Thanks for any and all advise and help! God bless

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

@PhantomOp ...sorry man...I forgot about this thread, if you want-need anything please shoot me a PM, I have "STUFF" up the ying-yang.....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I no where near want to Intrude on your request but I was wondering if anyone knows of a company that would ship some stuff to Iraq. I as worried my set up would be seized on my way in but i would've be just fine. I have everything in storage and even would look into buying a used setup off somebody if they have anything laying around. I'll be here for a while longer and am getting a little antsy not having a mod handy. Thanks for any and all advise and help! God bless
You will have better luck starting your own thread.....oh, and welcome to VU, and thank you for your service.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You might even consider asking around in this section, or as suggested, starting a thread here. http://vapingunderground.com/forums/vaping-veterans-military-only.477/

VU Sponsors