Become a Patron!

Desire Bulldog Subohm Tank

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Bulldog Subohm Tank from Desire Design. The Bulldog Subohm Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Kristina from Desire Design.

http://www.desiredesign.com/index.php/pr...id/62.html

Introduction

I have reviewed i view devices by Desire Design and they have never disappointed, in this review i take a look at their latest Subohm tank, the very nice looking and powerful Bulldog. The Bulldog comes with 2 of the 3 available coils included, the omitted coil is the Quad coil that looks a real beast, it comes with a triple coil and a pre-installed Mesh coil so flavour guaranteed to go with all those clouds. The Bulldog also has a slipper top-fill design, massive airflow slots and a capacity of 4.3ml, so lets give it a vape and share my thoughts.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Bulldog Tank (0.18ohm Mesh Coil, glss bubble 4.3ml)
1 x 0.2ohm Triple Coil
1 x Glass Tank (straight 3ml)
1 x Accessories
1 x Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics

The Bulldog comes in small cardboard box packaging and when opened i was met by a tank with some colour, very nice drip tip and a height to girth ratio that suited it well. The colour of the tank refers to the colour of the Aviation Aluminium top fill slipper and airflow control ring as the rest of the tank is uncoloured Stainless Steel. I received the Red version, it's also available in Blue, Black, Purple and Silver, all with resin drip tips that have a stainless Steel band where it meets the tank. The diameter at the base is 24.5mm but the airflow section tapers outwards and the installed bubble tank protrudes out to make the tank diameter 28mm. The bottom of the tank has a wide airflow control ring in the colour of choice, it has slight texturing and the airflow is large dual cyclops with stopper. On the base we have safety stamps and branding, the Stainless Steel 510 protrudes nicely. The top of the tank has a sliding middle section in the colour of choice, it tapers and flattens both sides with textured finish, the slipper slides open via the two Stainless Steel rails either side. The tank is very solidly made, the same impressive quality as Desire Designs devices.

Bulldog Specs and Features:

Size: 24.5mm x 49mm (w/o thread)
Material: Stainless Steel/Aviation Aluminum
Colourful resin drip tip
Capacity: 4.3ml
Coil: 0.18ohm Mesh Coil, 0.2ohm Triple Coil (quad coil available)
Intuitive push-top refill design
Adjustable bottom airflow system
Thread: 510
Colours: Red, Blue, Black, Purple, Silver

Assembling and disassembling

The Bulldog has been kept simple when it comes to breaking it down into it's various parts. It consists off the top section which is the slipper, juice port grommet and air chamber. Your coils screw straight into the base and then the top of the coil screws on and off the air chamber as you screw your base on and off the tank. The glass tube is secured to both the top section and the base by o-rings that fully seal the tank. When you unscrew the base the glass can be easily removed if you wish to swap for the 3ml straight glass but the Bulldog is a thirsty animal so i think the majority will stick with the 4.3ml bubble glass.

Top-fill and Drip tip

After priming your coil, screwing it into the base and screwing together the tank we need to fill. Before we get onto the fill system i want to mention the drip tip as it's the nicest looking i have seen to date. The resin colouring is quite beautiful, the main top section is resin as is the bottom section that has 2 o-rings to fit into the Bulldog (other 810's with o-rings will fit) in the middle of the drip tip (the section that sits directly onto the tank) we have a Stainless Steel band. The top-fill is done via a slipper method which i have come across before, instead of having a top-cap the whole top section is one piece. The centre section of the top slides open and shut along the outer rails, when open a large juice port is revealed. The slipper is tapered downwards both sides with a textured finish to help with opening. The slipper slides with quite a bit of resistance and will not open of it's own accord, i find this method a lot sturdier than a top-cap on a hinge and a lot quicker than a top-cap that unscrews so a big pro.

The Coils

There are 3 different coils available for the Bulldog, a mesh coil which you would expect in the current climate, a powerful high wattage triple coil and an even more powerful quad coil. The quad coil isn't included but it's 0.15ohm rated between 90w and 140w with a best of 100w to 120w, it's description is "more power, more smoke" (don't really like the use of the word smoke) so in other words a cloud chucker although going by how i found the triple coil i doubt it is flavourless. The included coils is the mesh coil, 0.18 which is rated between 50w and 110w with a best between 60w to 80w. The other coil included is the triple coil which is rated between 80w and 130w and with a best rating of between 100w and 120w.

My Experience Using the Bulldog

I mainly used the Bulldog with the pre-installed Mesh coil but i also did give the triple coil a good vape. The mesh coil gave cracking flavour, that's not really news but i have used a lot of tanks of late with mesh coils and my favourite 2 for flavour have been the Freemax mesh pro and the Vaporesso Skrr being the best in my opinion. The Bulldog hasn't become top dog but it's edging the Freemax for me and very close to the Skrr. I found the airflow best half open which allowed me to get the best flavour at 65w with a smooth restricted hit. The 0.2ohm triple coil surprised me looking at it's specs as usually i only enjoy and find good flavour approaching the 100w mark with some mesh coils not standard stock coils, i just find flavour lacking and the vape far too warm. The vape was warm but not as warm as i expected and yes loads of cloud but the flavour was surprisingly good, not in the same ballpark as the mesh coil but i can't remember stock coils tasting so good. This coil actually gave slightly less air than the mesh but again i liked it half open and again a very smooth vape. With the airflow only open halfway i did find the best flavour slightly lower than the rated best, my sweet spot was 90W i also noticed compared to a lot of other subohm tanks the Bulldog was not loud but quite quiet. Desire claim with the structure of the coils and type of cotton used the coils should last 70% longer. I Can't really make any sort of judgement with the triple coil has i only used this for half a day but the mesh coil which i have been using about 10 days (not consistently as i am always testing more than one product) is showing no signs of the flavour dropping off, i also have had no leaking issues to date. I have to struggle to think of anything negative so have to get a bit picky to find a con, but it is very noticeable how much juice it ploughs through using the mesh coil, it's very thirsty and a 6ml capacity would of been better, after saying that part of it's aesthetic charm is it's height to girth ratio which i wouldn't want changing for a larger capacity.

Pros

Solid build quality
Aesthetically pleasing
Mesh coil excellent flavour (flavour lasting)
Triple coil very good flavour
3 High wattage coils available
Slipper top-fill design
Includes straight glass
Smooth airflow
Not loud
Nice height to girth ratio
Very nice Resin and SS drip tip

Cons

Very thirsty larger capacity would be an improvement
Not suitable for low wattage users

I would once again like to thank Kristina from Desire Design for supplying the Bulldog Subohm Tank for the purpose of this review.

http://www.desiredesign.com/index.php/pr...id/62.html

VU Sponsors