Become a Patron!

dicodes 2380T and extension tube

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

So I just got my Dicodes 2380T today, and also bought a separate extension cap. All good when I use the telescopic mode for 2x 18650, but according to the vendor 'Dual 18650 is also possible with this device out of the box, but you will have the small innermost tube showing, this can be eliminated using the dual 18650 2380 extension part (sold separately.)'. For the past hour I've tried to solve the puzzle but to no avail, seems no matter which combo of parts I use it's either too long or too short.

So I took a pic and numbered the parts, hoping anyone can tell me the correct order (i.e. which parts to swap out for #5):

Here is the pic: http://i.imgur.com/2vKFPAD.jpg

2vKFPAD.jpg

Any help will make me feel a bit less like an idiot.

Thanks a bunch!

Note: I posted this on a couple boards since there doesn't seem to be too many dicodes users out there, hope this is alright.

Fixed, but in case it might be useful for someone in the future:
The inner tube between part 2 and 3 is not press fitted, you need to unscrew that completely.
Screw that inner tube into the mod head (the part with the display).
Then screw part 3 completely onto that inner tube, all the way.
Screw the extension cap (5) into that.
Finally at the bottom goes 1.
So basically get rid of part 2 and 4.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya umm new question for an old topic.
Stacking is not smart, stacking in a mech mod even less smarter.

Do not do it, not stacking in a potential handful of Darwin is not advised.
Sorry thought it was a mech.
Appears to be semi regulated and still not smart, esp. for that price.

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Semi regulated?? This mod is on top of the food chain in tube land. It has TC with tcr, powerboost etc etc. I wouldn't call that semi regulated. It's a high quality mod, and if Dicodes says you can stack the batts in it I believe them, they make solid equipment.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is failure waiting to happen.
Stacking is damned dumb, so instead of one venting they both vent. GO GO gadget pipe bomb.

VU Sponsors