Become a Patron!

didnt see it so i'll go.......are you a friend of Bill W's?

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you dont know Bill W or even Dr. Bob, then you won't know the purpose of the thread. I'm a proud friend of both, are any of you their friend too?? If so how long?
have been for year n a half.......

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Little over 10 years for me. There's a thread in this section called Light at the end of the tunnel. There are several people there, daily meditations by @ghost62, too! Always glad to see friends :)

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm more of an acquaintance.. especially depending on how many closeminded, old school AA'ers there are in there..;)

I actually got my 2 years on NYE...:)
Not intentional...just worked out like that.. probably only reason I remember too.. just learned I was 26*(actually counted years out in proof read)*..I guess I'll go ahead and start saying I'm 27.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm more of an acquaintance.. especially depending on how many closeminded, old school AA'ers there are in there..;)

I actually got my 2 years on NYE...:)
Not intentional...just worked out like that.. probably only reason I remember too.. just learned I was 26*(actually counted years out in proof read)*..I guess I'll go ahead and start saying I'm 27.

Happy birthday!!

Last edited:

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my home group, 'Main St' aka Lewisville Group is Vape friendly however the Saturday Morning Men's meeting i go to at a different group, 'Friendship Group of Flower Mound is NOT. I know all groups are their own. That being said, who goes to group that is vape friendly??

i included group only so if someone is traveling to Texas or lives here and doesnt know a vape friendly group they can kno.....

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That should do me. ;)

I spent my first year in AA but switched over to another fellowship for greater opportunities for service.
I do miss hearing The Promises, though...

as i said in your thread, as soon as im off paper i will be going to the county jail to take meetings to the inmates.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as i said in your thread, as soon as im off paper i will be going to the county jail to take meetings to the inmates.
It's an amazing gift to be able to carry the message inside the walls. It's been one of the most fulfilling things I've done in recovery.
In my experience, they have a genuine gratitude for the members that come in and share their experience, strength and hope.
Plus, it's a great feeling to know that when the meeting is over, we get to leave. I know that sounds bad at first but it's actually very life-affirming... 'There, but for the Grace of God, go I...'

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's an amazing gift to be able to carry the message inside the walls. It's been one of the most fulfilling things I've done in recovery.
In my experience, they have a genuine gratitude for the members that come in and share their experience, strength and hope.
Plus, it's a great feeling to know that when the meeting is over, we get to leave. I know that sounds bad at first but it's actually very life-affirming... 'There, but for the Grace of God, go I...'

agreed.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Excellent, Dre! Congrats to you.

I've had meetings in rehabs. Haven't done the jails one. I hear they're great, though.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Excellent, Dre! Congrats to you.

I've had meetings in rehabs. Haven't done the jails one. I hear they're great, though.

the guy who heads them says they are. the one group also does youth work in the summer time. which being off paper i may do.................tough call i have 5 of my own kids............................

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You do have a responsibility to yourself and your family, as well. Service work is great, but no one can do all things. At least, I think that's ok. I tried when I was newly sober, lol. You don't want to burn out, too. I've done that.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You do have a responsibility to yourself and your family, as well. Service work is great, but no one can do all things. At least, I think that's ok. I tried when I was newly sober, lol. You don't want to burn out, too. I've done that.

oh it wouldnt be an every day thing.....................i love gettin my kids out and havin fun. heck they even wanna go tent campin this summer.....i'll shoot for spring.
but yea, we do have to focus on US too. US includes family to me.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited by a moderator:

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That should do me. ;)

I spent my first year in AA but switched over to another fellowship for greater opportunities for service.
I do miss hearing The Promises, though...
The message is hope and the promise is freedom...

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my home group, 'Main St' aka Lewisville Group is Vape friendly however the Saturday Morning Men's meeting i go to at a different group, 'Friendship Group of Flower Mound is NOT. I know all groups are their own. That being said, who goes to group that is vape friendly??

i included group only so if someone is traveling to Texas or lives here and doesnt know a vape friendly group they can kno.....
Haha.. funny story. I started vaping in transitional treatment, in Prescott, AZ.. every meeting and building was open to it when I was first there, but THE DAY I got my two ego-t's and drip atomizer kits, they banned vaping in every meeting.. broke one of them snowboarding the next week..great place for guys, if you know anyone trying to integrate back into society, and get clean, pm me.:)

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping in sobriety. Before that I was chewing the gum for like a year, when I finally hit bottom and got sober I started smoking again. Started off with Bedford Slims cigalikes. Moved onto an ego with a kanger t3,then to mechs.
There was never a vape friendly group here in USSNJ, a state that prides itself on micromanagement and oppression.
However my home group is a men's group and I'll stealth vape every now and again. Have gotten a bunch of people vaping in that meeting and the only one who it bothers is 2 old cermudgeons.

I don't do it out of respect though, because I'm there for my sobriety, not to prove a point.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Went there a few times and realized it wasn't for me...5 years sober last xmas day for me...But if it helps others more power to them

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bump.
Hi guys!
Hello!!

Alright ya'll this is a big day for me at least, not a birthday, nor a belly button birthday. But the day i call my p.o. to get rid of my interlock!! I'll be able to turn it in on Feb 11th. I'm excited to get rid of it. Since I ride a motorcycle my p.o. wanted me to have the 'in home' unit. I have to blow between 5-8 am 5-8 pm and 10-12 at night. Since i work mid-nights no big deal, right? WRONG on my days off I'd like to sleep in, or go to bed early but cant because of this stupid thing.....But this also leads to a new 'test' a test of soberity. But like the program says, 'it works if you work it'. Therefore, i'll be working the program the same way I have been. All in.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello!!

Alright ya'll this is a big day for me at least, not a birthday, nor a belly button birthday. But the day i call my p.o. to get rid of my interlock!! I'll be able to turn it in on Feb 11th. I'm excited to get rid of it. Since I ride a motorcycle my p.o. wanted me to have the 'in home' unit. I have to blow between 5-8 am 5-8 pm and 10-12 at night. Since i work mid-nights no big deal, right? WRONG on my days off I'd like to sleep in, or go to bed early but cant because of this stupid thing.....But this also leads to a new 'test' a test of soberity. But like the program says, 'it works if you work it'. Therefore, i'll be working the program the same way I have been. All in.
Congratulations!
I can imagine that will be a huge relief.
On the other hand, it IS going to be a layer of accountability removed and with extra freedom comes extra temptation.
Just keep doing everything that has got you this far and you'll be fine.
Have a great day!

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As ive said in the past Id be off paper soon. Well todays the day!!!! First offical day of paper. It doesnt change my soberity it does change the fact i can leave the state!! Hahaha i dont have def plans uet but probably soon!!! Just figured id share!!!

lg g3 tapatalk

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations! That is a notable achievement. Now you can prove to yourself that you are sober for you because of you and not some threat of punishment. May God, as you know him, be with you as you now face temptations only he and you need know about. It is possible only he and you will know if you decide to test your substance control ability, at least at the beginning. And with that comes the greatest responsibility to your free self. And the great reward of knowing that YOU can work it through self and God, Sure there is help within our network, but it will be up to you to seek that assistance when needed or beneficial. It truly is a great milestone. Go forth and prove its you leading this life!

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm an avid attendee at the AA. Spirituality grabbed me up when for the first time I'm 10 years of in and out I started honestly working steps. Wow what a beginning to a lifelong journey of me not being so important anymore. I posted to those interested to try and begin a sub-forum. I was still smoking a pack a day until I located vaping, rda and mechanical mods led me to dislike cigarettes. Anyways great thread. Through God and the only thing I really do the footwork peace has landed in this former IV user.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's another thread I think it's mentioned here, but incase not 'light at the end of the tunnel' is a great thread too!

lg g3 tapatalk

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What alky or addict wouldn't love vaping clouds and building devices :) I do, so tasty and so not as bad as cigs.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Years and years ago, when I lived outside DC, I used to be in the notorious Midtown Q Group...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
still attending a different group?

I got sober at the Unity Club in Falls Church, a few years after I left Midtown. I have a bit of an odd program most in the rooms don't understand nor agree with, though. I haven't had a drink in the US in over 9 years, but I drink on holiday twice a year in Prague, CZ. I still go to meetings where I live.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got sober at the Unity Club in Falls Church, a few years after I left Midtown. I have a bit of an odd program most in the rooms don't understand nor agree with, though. I haven't had a drink in the US in over 9 years, but I drink on holiday twice a year in Prague, CZ. I still go to meetings where I live.

hmmmm.............most groups wont agree with 'once n a while drinking'.
its not my place to tell you what you can and cant do. glad your here tho!!

btw, not tryin to pass judgement nor come off as an ass. I know for me, to drink is to die. I cant have the on holiday or once n a while. that's all.

VU Sponsors