Become a Patron!

DIY Box Mod Mod Comp?

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've been trying to think of something for this and maybe it's my lack of what's that thing some people have? ah yes creativity well this is the only thing I've come up with.

We seem to all have some old beaters lying around that still work but we don't use, I know this may not be for everyone as some people just won't be able to do it but maybe we can have some random voter prizes as well.

Basically people are to either build their own box mod from scratch (preferably regulated with protections) or modify/create a new housing for a mod they already have eg: take the guts out of a mod to make another, the catch is they have to improve upon the original design somehow so lets say they have an old regular pico why not add an extra battery or turn it into a squonker or something.

For the sake of all our sanity and the fact that many of us just don't have time or need time to order parts I'd suggest making it a longer contest, maybe 2 months?

Meh maybe I'll come up with something else :X anyone got any better ideas lol?

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I like the concept of the idea. However, I do have a few suggestions.

First, a three month time frame over the course of summer vacation. This will allow members ample time and proper enviroment to commit to their challenge. I suggest makin the declaration of the challenge in June when members are free from school/college to plan and order their parts, possibly work on their project. The month of July an actual topic be open for submittal and discussion. And lastly, August for members to vote on their favorite builds.

Second, I opted for the three month plan not just to give time, but also because it would be warm enough to work outside. Not everybody has the work enviroment of a sheltered garage or workshop with a heat source to work in the dead of winter. Surely somebody out there would have to work out in the open.

Third, because this is a three month challenge and more geared to, I guess, a smaller community group, that it be a seperate challenge. Kinda obvious why.

And there ya have it. Honestly it would be an interesting challenge. In my eyes kinda like a World Championship to a long season. Creativity and thorough planning must go into this. It shouldnt be so easy as slapping a DNA250c chip into a premade mod with rattle can glitter. Of course, how much a challenger invests into this challenge, win or lose, is at their own risk. No point complaining about spending $1000 bucks on tools and supplies only to come up short of winning. Build it for the challenge, build it for yourself.

@KingPin! If this becomes a possibility hit me up, I would love to throw down some ideas in the least.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I like the concept of the idea. However, I do have a few suggestions.

First, a three month time frame over the course of summer vacation. This will allow members ample time and proper enviroment to commit to their challenge. I suggest makin the declaration of the challenge in June when members are free from school/college to plan and order their parts, possibly work on their project. The month of July an actual topic be open for submittal and discussion. And lastly, August for members to vote on their favorite builds.

Second, I opted for the three month plan not just to give time, but also because it would be warm enough to work outside. Not everybody has the work enviroment of a sheltered garage or workshop with a heat source to work in the dead of winter. Surely somebody out there would have to work out in the open.

Third, because this is a three month challenge and more geared to, I guess, a smaller community group, that it be a seperate challenge. Kinda obvious why.

And there ya have it. Honestly it would be an interesting challenge. In my eyes kinda like a World Championship to a long season. Creativity and thorough planning must go into this. It shouldnt be so easy as slapping a DNA250c chip into a premade mod with rattle can glitter. Of course, how much a challenger invests into this challenge, win or lose, is at their own risk. No point complaining about spending $1000 bucks on tools and supplies only to come up short of winning. Build it for the challenge, build it for yourself.

@KingPin! If this becomes a possibility hit me up, I would love to throw down some ideas in the least.

Nice input there Omaga, like your thinking ...when the team have our next selection meeting we’ll discuss your input for sure

We were already discussing about possibly spinning this up with one of the other ideas we had rattling about.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
this wouldn't work, unless there were only a few, at best, contestants .

right now, i am finishing up on a stab replacement of a visious ant primo titanium 21700. the stab was pretty damaged by juice, not by me, i bought it that way. let me tell you, unlesss you have a cnc, making something like this, in any forum of quality, is nowhere near as easy as it looks.

20191005_201640.jpg

VU Sponsors