Become a Patron!

DIY DISCLAIMER FOR ELIQUID

vapingmandycat

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
CAUTION:
  • ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING WHEN MIXING.[/h]
  • NEVER TOUCH PURE NICOTINE OR LET IT COME IN CONTACT WITH YOUR SKIN. (IF THIS HAPPENS WASH HANDS WITH SOAP AND COLD WATER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.) EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN MIXING TO MAKE SURE PETS AND CHILDREN ARE NOT WITHIN YOUR MIXING AREA. Nicotine is highly dangerous if ingested by children or pets.
  • Some flavourings are known to be inappropriate for inhalation, and at least one is known to be hazardous (diacetyl)
  • Carefully avoid any splashes and spills. Have paper towel and rinsing facilities available for immediately dealing with any splashes. Consider how you will deal with a spill BEFORE it happens.

ANY INFORMATION USED ON THIS FORUM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK Caution: flavourings[/h] Food-grade flavoring compounds are, by definition, not tested for inhalation. There are likely to be health implications resulting from inhalation of some flavors, and right now we do not have a complete list of the problematic ones. At least one is known to be extremely hazardous to the lungs (diacetyl) and there is no reason to suspect it is an isolated case. Because too little is known about this aspect of vaping.

VAPING UNDERGROUND cannot advise you in detail on this issue; but we do know that as well as butter-popcorn the creamy, buttery, custard-type flavours will probably entail risk even if diacetyl itself is absent (because this group of flavors has a question mark regarding safety)

THERE ARE NO FLAVOURS KNOWN TO BE SAFE FOR INHALATION* and nothing in this section or anywhere else on Vaping Underground can be taken as approval of or recommendation of inhalation of any flavour.
* Menthol is licensed for inhalation and can be expected to be acceptably safe as a result (but not absolutely safe as there is no such thing).

Vaping Underground cannot be held responsible for any consequences of following information found on the boards. We try to remove anything that looks risky for the inexperienced but we cannot find and remove everything that may be problematic. Some advice may be inappropriate for your level of experience or resources and YOU MUST EXERCISE CAUTION. Some information or procedures may have implications for health due to the limited state of knowledge about vaping risks at this time. There is no risk-free vaping.

Last edited:

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
[h=3]CAUTION:[/h]
  • [h=3]ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING WHEN MIXING.[/h]
  • [h=3]NEVER TOUCH PURE NICOTINE OR LET IT COME IN CONTACT WITH YOUR SKIN. (IF THIS HAPPENS WASH HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.)[/h] EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN MIXING TO MAKE SURE PETS AND CHILDREN ARE NOT WITHIN YOUR MIXING AREA. Nicotine is highly dangerous if ingested by children or pets.
  • Some flavourings are known to be inappropriate for inhalation, and at least one is known to be hazardous (diacetyl)
  • Carefully avoid any splashes and spills. Have paper towel and rinsing facilities available for immediately dealing with any splashes. Consider how you will deal with a spill BEFORE it happens.

ANY INFORMATION USED ON THIS FORUM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK [h=3]Caution: flavourings[/h] Food-grade flavoring compounds are, by definition, not tested for inhalation. There are likely to be health implications resulting from inhalation of some flavors, and right now we do not have a complete list of the problematic ones. At least one is known to be extremely hazardous to the lungs (diacetyl) and there is no reason to suspect it is an isolated case. Because too little is known about this aspect of vaping.

VAPING UNDERGROUND cannot advise you in detail on this issue; but we do know that as well as butter-popcorn the creamy, buttery, custard-type flavours will probably entail risk even if diacetyl itself is absent (because this group of flavors has a question mark regarding safety)

THERE ARE NO FLAVOURS KNOWN TO BE SAFE FOR INHALATION* and nothing in this section or anywhere else on Vaping Underground can be taken as approval of or recommendation of inhalation of any flavour.
* Menthol is licensed for inhalation and can be expected to be acceptably safe as a result (but not absolutely safe as there is no such thing).

Vaping Underground cannot be held responsible for any consequences of following information found on the boards. We try to remove anything that looks risky for the inexperienced but we cannot find and remove everything that may be problematic. Some advice may be inappropriate for your level of experience or resources and YOU MUST EXERCISE CAUTION. Some information or procedures may have implications for health due to the limited state of knowledge about vaping risks at this time. There is no risk-free vaping.
Thanks for that sage advice, I make my own, and NEVER sell it, or offer it for sale. I saw this warning somewhere else, and the FIRST thing that I thought was of someone just being nice.. "Sure, you can have some of my juice...." The next thing you know, you're in a lawsuit. I believe I'll pass on that.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So ive done it again. Lost my mind.

Ordered 3000ml of 3mg 99.5% vg and a ton of flavours. ~120$. Now thats cheap.

VegasVape

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I question your diacetyl statement. What is known is that inhaling the "dust" will create popcorn lung. I'm not sold on the fact that vaping the molecule leads to the same toxicology. A warning here is worthwhile. Inaccurate facts are not. Seeing as how cigs contain even more of the molecule gives one pause. I'm not trying to stir the pot, but lets not assume facts not in evidence.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I question your diacetyl statement. What is known is that inhaling the "dust" will create popcorn lung. I'm not sold on the fact that vaping the molecule leads to the same toxicology. A warning here is worthwhile. Inaccurate facts are not. Seeing as how cigs contain even more of the molecule gives one pause. I'm not trying to stir the pot, but lets not assume facts not in evidence.

You may want to check the dates of the posts in here, just sayin.....

VegasVape

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You may want to check the dates of the posts in here, just sayin.....

Understood. Which does make the statement understandable for it's time. But an accuracy update is a good idea. Unless this guy works for the FDA. Then accuracy is not important.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys should suggest pre mixed Nic to some. Its allot safer. I been buying 1 gallon bottles of 6 mg's for 25 dollars and I have no danger.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One liter of 100 mg will make 33.33 liters of ejuice @ 3 mg. The one gallon of 6 mg will make 7.57 liters of ejuice @ 3 mg. 1 liter of 100 mg costs $59.99 at NicRiver. You would need to buy 4.4 gallons of the 6 mg to make the same amount. Cheaper to buy the one liter of 100 mg in my book. Plus there is less room taken up in my freezer... But, whatever works for you is OK in my same book. Just giving options.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One liter of 100 mg will make 33.33 liters of ejuice @ 3 mg. The one gallon of 6 mg will make 7.57 liters of ejuice @ 3 mg. 1 liter of 100 mg costs $59.99 at NicRiver. You would need to buy 4.4 gallons of the 6 mg to make the same amount. Cheaper to buy the one liter of 100 mg in my book. Plus there is less room taken up in my freezer... But, whatever works for you is OK in my same book. Just giving options.
Where do you buy vg? On Wizard Lab it's about $26/gallon, on Amazon Essential Depot its $28/gallon with Prime. So I thought 6mg nic in Gallon with vg at $25.00 was a good price o_O

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
glyCUBE is what Essential calls their four gallon packs.
Is that the price after you join for $5 the Greener Life Club. Now the GlyCube is $59.99, $47.98 with Greener Life promo code.

Edit: sorry for all the questions. Do you get the Palm based or Soy based?

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Amazon is $48 + $25 shipping. Sometimes on the Essential Depot site they have free shipping sales. I haven't joined their Greener Life. I use the palm based. I haven't bought from them since last year and still have a gallon left from the two gallons I bought. Fortunately I don't vape 30 mils a day, maybe 10 at the most.

VU Sponsors