Become a Patron!

DJLSB Vapes and the 213

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg

I'm sure a lot of you have seen the review of the 213 by DJLSB; spoiler alert, the results were not so good. The main flaw that stood out to me was the assertion the 213 does not do proper TC. On my 213, I only use the 316L pre installed profile and have not had any issues.

I can vape my RDA's at 70w, 490 degrees with no burning of the cotton. I have not even bothered trying out the TCR or TFR since the 316L setting works so well. I have seen a few issues posted in regards to misfires, of which I've had a few myself and not being able to get the TCR to work right. So, I was wondering if my fellow 213 owners have been experiencing any major / minor issues with the TC, outside the TCR being wonkey. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep mine in the SS316 setting and have had no issues. I can also use to TCR with the same tank and coils and it vapes the same, I use the TCR numbers from the Sigelei web site. I'm using the Aromamizer with dual vertical 316L wire at .174 ohms. The device is set to 35 Watts preheat for .25 seconds and 430 degrees. Great vapor,flavor with no burnt hits even when chain vaping. It vapes very consistent. I feel the TC is working because I will vape each tank completely dry and even the wick before I refill and it never burns the wick or gives me any burnt taste. The resistance lock does work because I forgot one time to lock it after building new coils and it got very hot and burnt the juice. He said in the video that it doesn't lock because it reads the resistance each time you hit the fire button but I think it does that because you can't completely turn off the preheat time, therefore it will read the resistance for .01 seconds. Anyways mine works fine even in TCR mode. Another thing I've noticed is that my coils and wicks don't gunk up nearly as quick or as bad when I was only wattage vaping.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Kevin2112 , same experience with mine. Might be possible he got a bad mod? With all the 213 turds out there I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I guess we can consider ourselves lucky, for now at least.

@Spyg0at , I don't blame you for getting rid of yours. However, I've been getting great battery life off mine and have even charged my batteries in it. While mine will preform balanced charging, it never makes it to 100%. It charged really fast but never quite gets there.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Kevin2112 , same experience with mine. Might be possible he got a bad mod? With all the 213 turds out there I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I guess we can consider ourselves lucky, for now at least.

@Spyg0at , I don't blame you for getting rid of yours. However, I've been getting great battery life off mine and have even charged my batteries in it. While mine will preform balanced charging, it never makes it to 100%. It charged really but never quite gets there.
It would be easy enough to check. Put a dry piece of cotton in a SS316 build. Try firing it a few times in TC set to 400F. If it keeps firing higher with each sequential press of the firing button and eventually burns the cotton, then it's constantly re-reading the resistance and crap for TC. If it doesn't then it's working right. After watching that review I wouldn't even consider using it with Ni200 or Ti01 in TC.

Cheers,
Steve

@Spyg0at , I don't blame you for getting rid of yours. However, I've been getting great battery life off mine and have even charged my batteries in it. While mine will preform balanced charging, it never makes it to 100%. It charged really but never quite gets there.

I've been having a great experience with mine as well. The battery life has been exceptional on mine, slightly better than my cuboid with the same batteries. Power mode works perfect and even SS316 TC worked fine the few times I tried it. I've been using it every day for a about a month now and I I prefer it over my cuboid and RX200S. It;s light and small and the preheat is a gamechanger for me. Just wish Sigelei wasn't so shady cuz I most likely won't ever be buying form them again. ANd to think, a simple firmware update and they wouldn't be in this mess.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been really happy with mine. No problems with battery life and hits great. I have been using TCR (SS430, Aromamizer Supreme, thanks Steve) from their calculator and it works great. No dry hits, misfires or anything.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Based on all the posts it seems like the mod is hit or miss as far as TC goes. It seems that it works fine with Sigelei's TCR numbers, and the base TC settings for some, and not at all for others.... I wonder if it's truly hit or miss, or they changed/fixed something and newer ones work, while older ones don't, or it's just some QC issue?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely not good results considering how much it's being recommended. In other threads about it regarding the carbon fiber the price of the mod was justified since it was supposedly (or thought to be) real cf. After watching that review I think DJLsb is more accurate that it's just a cf wrap which really makes the price over $100 dubious. He had the mod all apart and if that's real cf that's some of the thinnest carbon fiber I've ever seen. It was paper thin on that metal housing and in order to do proper carbon fiber there's a level of thickness due to the epoxy. In order to be carbon fiber the whole thickness of the shell would've been made from cf, not just the outer 'skin'.

I'm sure there are good ones maybe but given the pricetag it's too much for 'hit and miss'. I can get hit and miss mods for $20-30, not $130. Heck if all they're using is wrap I have some nice cf wrap left over from another project, my mod looks like it'll take about $2 worth lol. Turn my $30 istick tc100w into an $80 mod in around 10min, 12min if I have to peel it back and stick it again. :p Not saying the istick is golden by any means but the price is more realistic for what it is.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get why companies have to lie about their mods performance. Sigelei's price for this mod is ridiculous, they should at least have the decency to make the mod do what it says on the box. No point lying about its power. +-$90 for aesthetics is a ridiculously high price considering the mod can't even live up to its name. Extremely disappointed with sigelei over this mod.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A chat between the reviewer and sigelei. Sigelei has even threatened him on YT.

08712e231a4fdd7c284ffc596e1d73ff.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get why companies have to lie about their mods performance. Sigelei's price for this mod is ridiculous, they should at least have the decency to make the mod do what it says on the box. No point lying about its power. +-$90 for aesthetics is a ridiculously high price considering the mod can't even live up to its name. Extremely disappointed with sigelei over this mod.

Especially in this day and age with so many people doing in depth reviews. They have to figure if they're embellishing or flat out overstating specs someone is going to figure it out and call them out on it. I'm not against any particular company but it seems with all the fluff going around and at the prices many places are charging it's important for the community to look out for each other. Paying a decent amount for features or quality is one thing, nothing wrong with it. Getting duped like people are a bunch of stooges with open wallets ripe for picking is another.

Their reaction only made the situation worse. Everyone screws up. Apologize, acknowledge it, own it and then make it right. I would be much more willing to deal with a company who took that approach rather than one who gets their back up and attacks people when their product is lacking.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Especially in this day and age with so many people doing in depth reviews. They have to figure if they're embellishing or flat out overstating specs someone is going to figure it out and call them out on it. I'm not against any particular company but it seems with all the fluff going around and at the prices many places are charging it's important for the community to look out for each other. Paying a decent amount for features or quality is one thing, nothing wrong with it. Getting duped like people are a bunch of stooges with open wallets ripe for picking is another.

Their reaction only made the situation worse. Everyone screws up. Apologize, acknowledge it, own it and then make it right. I would be much more willing to deal with a company who took that approach rather than one who gets their back up and attacks people when their product is lacking.
Agreed. Especially for the price tag one would expect the TC to actually work properly but that's not the case. Moreover the mod isn't even upgrade-able so people whom purchased this mod as an upgrade are now stuck with a pretty paper - weight only good for 155w. With a price like that I believe there is much better mods that money can be spent on. Sigelei's attitude towards this whole situation has been shocking. The company had to go so low as to threaten a reviewer for calling them out. They should do like you said, apologise and work towards bettering their products.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Definitely not good results considering how much it's being recommended. In other threads about it regarding the carbon fiber the price of the mod was justified since it was supposedly (or thought to be) real cf. After watching that review I think DJLsb is more accurate that it's just a cf wrap which really makes the price over $100 dubious. He had the mod all apart and if that's real cf that's some of the thinnest carbon fiber I've ever seen. It was paper thin on that metal housing and in order to do proper carbon fiber there's a level of thickness due to the epoxy. In order to be carbon fiber the whole thickness of the shell would've been made from cf, not just the outer 'skin'.

I'm sure there are good ones maybe but given the pricetag it's too much for 'hit and miss'. I can get hit and miss mods for $20-30, not $130. Heck if all they're using is wrap I have some nice cf wrap left over from another project, my mod looks like it'll take about $2 worth lol. Turn my $30 istick tc100w into an $80 mod in around 10min, 12min if I have to peel it back and stick it again. Not saying the istick is golden by any means but the price is more realistic for what it is.
Yep, Daniel blows all the other reviewers away because he's thorough. I heard one reviewer apologize for his recommendation of the 213 and he said what do you want from me I only vape in power mode. Hey dumbass, maybe that's the way you vape but did you ever stop to think for one second that maybe, just maybe not all your subscribers vape that way? Yeah, let's not check how the mod performs in tc on a tc mod. So stupid. So now all these morons that recommended this mod really look like the fools that they are. Smh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is Sigelei and Asmodus still affiliated with each other? It's the same bullshit with the new Minikin except that one really jumps the shark with the false claims. The Minikin and the 213 are pretty much fancy, duel battery Kim Suns.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just don't understand how a half way decent reviewer doesn't check tc mode. I mean these morons have every coil, every tank, RTA, and RDA known to man. Half the shit they have they probably hoard and don't even use. That's why I got a few reviewers I actually listen too and that's it. Daniel being at the top of the list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be easy enough to check. Put a dry piece of cotton in a SS316 build. Try firing it a few times in TC set to 400F. If it keeps firing higher with each sequential press of the firing button and eventually burns the cotton, then it's constantly re-reading the resistance and crap for TC. If it doesn't then it's working right. After watching that review I wouldn't even consider using it with Ni200 or Ti01 in TC.

Cheers,
Steve

I've already tested it with wet cotton on the RDA and holding down the button. From that angle it seems to be doing TC or something resembling TC. It will turn the cotton white and never burns it. I have some re-wicking to do tonight so I'll try a dry cotton burn test and post the results.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've already tested it with wet cotton on the RDA and holding down the button. From that angle it seems to be doing TC or something resembling TC. It will turn the cotton white and never burns it. I have some re-wicking to do tonight so I'll try a dry cotton burn test and post the results.
Did you use the coefficient or the mode (Ni/SS) ?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you use the coefficient or the mode (Ni/SS) ?

I used the factory pre-set for 316L. It was a .3 duel clapton at 500 degrees and 60 watts. Oh and one more thing, I have the same firmware version as Daniel.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used the factory pre-set for 316L. It was a .3 duel clapton at 500 degrees and 60 watts. Oh and one more thing, I have the same firmware version of Daniel.
There's a guy on YT that caught the whole cotton alight using the Ni pre-set

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although I'm having no issues, I put mine up for trade today. It's a nice mod to have, even if just for the power mode but certainly not worth what they are charging for it.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although I'm having no issues, I put mine up for trade today. It's a nice mod to have, even if just for the power mode but certainly not worth what they are charging for it.
Yeah I love the design. The mod looks very sleek but performance is were it lacks. Sigelei just need to work on making their mod update-able and work on perfecting their mods performance and they'll have a mod that's worth the price tag. I've had the sig 150 and that mod never skipped a beat, worked well. That was a long time ago. Now I'm trying to get a hohmwrecker G2

VU Sponsors