Become a Patron!

DNA 30 VS Clone 30, Power chart comparison and scope traces. Buck regulation on clone???

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Posted this in another thread but it's not getting much traction. Hoping to find an electronic guru to explain the signals I collected on the clone at lower ohms & wattage.

This is what I posted in thread. http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ntribute-only-if-you-own-one.7920/#post-61364
Well if anyone is interested in looking I purchased a cheap oscope off Ebay did some side by side tests with a clone and a true Evolv DNA 30. Probably the most interesting piece of information I believe I see is what appears to be voltage regulation on the clone in what I thought was supposed to be unregulated. Perhaps someone with more smarts than me can explain this. Other than that I learned that my clone does in fact fail to read resistance correctly at about 1.8Ω adding about .4. I really wasn't aware of that as I typically run around 1Ω. The spreadsheet with outputs and the signal traces can be seen below. I did the tests at .75, 1, 1.5, 2 & 2.7Ω because that's what my local electronic store had on hand. if you have problems viewing let me know

Two sheets in the share one with the calculations and results of the outputs using RMS. And the other sheet is the signal traces.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_Rcx0DeBPgGRWV3ckc3WFg2ZVE&usp=sharing

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks for all of the effort you have put into this.

But like you I will be waiting for more experienced members to step up to the plate here.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some may be interested but too bad this wasn't posted about 6 weeks ago , most are onto other things . All that matters to me is if it vapes good .

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some may be interested but too bad this wasn't posted about 6 weeks ago , most are onto other things . All that matters to me is if it vapes good .

Perhaps but I think there are a lot of these clones out there and a lot of folks don't need or want anything over the 30 watts. So the potential for new purchases is still pretty high IMO especially at the price range they're selling for. These prospective buyers & owners surely would like to know how these devices are working. I think???

VU Sponsors