Become a Patron!

DNA75C/250C or Dicodes FL80? (All responses welcome and wanted)

What's better and/or more preferred in this community?

• DNA75C/250C

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Dicodes FL80 (or BF60)

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Hey everyone, I'm new here but, I'm not new to vaping. I vaped from 2014-2017 and unfortunately, picked up cigarettes at the end of 2017. I just started vaping again a couple months ago and I'm 100% committed. I literally have no idea why I stopped. My passion has been reignited except, I came back to a pod infestation. Now, pods are great so long as they help you get off the stinky's but, I'm a mod fanatic through and through. I've always felt that Evolv/DNA and Dicodes, were the creme of the crop. I LOVE both and own devices with both chipsets. My question is, do any of you have a preference between the two? If so, why? It doesn't have to be a dick measuring contest between the two but, I would love to know what people are tootin on today (in those regards).

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't happen to be Alex Ferarra from ECF?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never used a dicodes, but I have a few dna mods and am kind of an evolv fanboy. The 75c has a tendency to chew through battery life. The 250c and 60 both offer excellent battery life. This is why most of the high end modders tend to lean towards the 60 for single cell applications.
As for a direct comparison between the evolv and dicodes board, @KingPin! Would be a good source for experience with both.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm the lone vote thus far for Dicodes... Dani Mini

But in all honesty, I get along with either one in TC. Just nearly every DNA mod looks hideous. (Minus the Palm DNA 75 and a few SVAs )

Dicodes UI is a 5 minute venture when new to the chipset... and as many minutes being equally frustrated learning. Although once learned, its 10 seconds from cold state to running perfect in TC (Minus time wrapping a coil, installing etc)

I don't do much TC these days, but my Dani is still in TC mode with my Dvarw

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Dicodes if you can suss the UI it’s a great chipset ....having said that ive no probs with evolv either like them both ...probably not the 75C though I’d rather have a Dicodes or DNA60 over that battery munching board anyday

I've never used a dicodes, but I have a few dna mods and am kind of an evolv fanboy. The 75c has a tendency to chew through battery life. The 250c and 60 both offer excellent battery life. This is why most of the high end modders tend to lean towards the 60 for single cell applications.
As for a direct comparison between the evolv and dicodes board, @KingPin! Would be a good source for experience with both.
Thanks for the reply! And I was solely a DNA user myself. I still consider myself a DNA fanboy but, I'm also a HUGE fan of Dicodes. I've had several DNA (40, 60, 75, 75C, and 250C) products throughout my life and I just recently, I bought a Dicodes Dani 21700. I agree 100% that the battery efficiency of the 75C is quite lackluster, at least with a 18650. You can kind of mitigate that issue (or minimize) with a 21700 or 26650. That said, it should be better and I'm surprised that Evolv hasn't updated it. A firmware/software update could fix the issue if I'm not mistaken. Aside from the battery efficiency, the 75C and 250C are equal (aside from the wattage capability) in terms of quality, function, and performance. The FL80 chip from Dicodes however, is just as battery efficient as a DNA250C. I can get 3-4 days easy, sometimes more, out of a single 21700, on my Dicodes Dani 21700 box. That's at 15-20 watts and HEAVY chain vaping. Occasionally I'll go up to 35-45 watts with certain builds but, I'm more of a MTL guy on a daily basis. I prefer flavor and throat hit over clouds.

I'm the lone vote thus far for Dicodes... Dani Mini

But in all honesty, I get along with either one in TC. Just nearly every DNA mod looks hideous. (Minus the Palm DNA 75 and a few SVAs )

Dicodes UI is a 5 minute venture when new to the chipset... and as many minutes being equally frustrated learning. Although once learned, its 10 seconds from cold state to running perfect in TC (Minus time wrapping a coil, installing etc)

I don't do much TC these days, but my Dani is still in TC mode with my Dvarw

Thanks for the reply man! In my opinion, aside from the LV Therion line (with a few others), I agree. MOST, not all, DNA products have been a little sore to look at. However, when it comes to highends or custom mods, there has been a fair share of pretty pieces. When I first got my hands on the Dani 21700, admittedly, it took me 10-15 mins to figure out but, I found it fascinating how they can fit so many features in such a tight space (the chipset itself). I loved the whole learning process. I was going to allow people to vote twice on the poll but, I really wanted to weed out everyones preference if it came down to the wire. I haven't voted because it would be quite hard to pick. Now, if Dicodes ever gained the motivation to come out with a new chip, that was in color and/or with optional menu styles, I wouldn't hesitate to bet the house on them. My vote indicator would move from in between both company's, to strictly the Dicodes side. For me, TC is great on both but, Dicodes is the better option overall. In wattage mode, both are equally good but, I would say Dicodes has the advantage from 1-45 watts and DNA has the advantage from 50+. Though both are capable on either end of the spectrum, DNA's are a LITTLE more suitable for low resistances and high wattages and Dicodes is more capable on the flipside. Now, if we're comparing the FL80 to the DNA60/75/75C, I would say that becomes less evident. Personally, in that regard, I would say the fl80 is overall a superior chip unless, screen customization and color is more important to the user. If you're interested in several mod makers that make good looking DNA devices aside from the ones you named, I think I know some you'll like.

Dicodes if you can suss the UI it’s a great chipset ....having said that ive no probs with evolv either like them both ...probably not the 75C though I’d rather have a Dicodes or DNA60 over that battery munching board anyday
I actually don't mind the UI at all! Loved the experience! As I told the other two gentlemen, I recently purchased a Dicodes Dani 21700. Ive played around with Dicodes devices before but, never owned one myself, let alone had time to really dive in. I also love both chip manufacturers but, if Dicodes ever decided to make a colored chip with different menu options, I would pick them as the overall winner at that point. OLED screens are a superior technology when compared to TFT/LCD displays. Achim from Dicodes actually answered my email oneday and basically told me, in other words, if they wanted to make a colored display, it wouldn't be a tall task. As far as menu options go, im pretty sure it's against their agenda but, just imagine! That would be sick. Appreciate the reply by the way. I'm hoping that I can bring some interest back to these kinds of topics, w/o the unnecessary dick measuring contests of course lol.

Also, I recently just payed the booking fee for a Strangers Mod Minuta21. I wasn't sure which chipset to pick between the Dicodes FL80 or DNA75C. The "proprietary", if you will, FL80 on these mods or any custom mods for that matter, seem to be different in terms of the display and function. At least when compared to the one on the Dani 21700 (or any Dicodes mod). My question would be, are those FL80 displays pixelated like the actual screens on the Dicodes devices?

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
no idea, I don’t own a custom Dicodes mod to compare :D you’ll have to provide us with some side by side pics ....having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if their own kit was slightly different

...YiHi for example sell custom chips they don’t use to other mfgs

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't noticed any difference in function between the different Dicodes chips, still the same ole clicks to through the menu...

Readily available info on the screen lets say the mini to the 21700...they both use the same chipset with being the FL80... Now I don't have a 21700 to say exactly the read out difference is... but I really think its just size... one sec lemme look..

Ok here is my Buddy who uses a 21700 Dani

upload_2020-4-22_6-9-35.png

Only thing I see different between the Mini and his is that he can list which wire he is using... which is a total of 5 infomatics... Temp last read, wattage, Ohms, Battery, wire type...

My Mini Reads, Last Read temp, wattage, voltage and ohms...

Again they both use the FL80...

And lets take the Minima from Stranger things for example... it also uses the FL80... but uses the same screen (and imo is the same) as the Taifun Box, still utilizes the same 3 button configuration... and its screen is like this...

upload_2020-4-22_6-18-5.png

Wattage, Voltage, Ohms, (Power selected) Battery same 5 as the Dani 21700... but it gives a more detailed view of the battery voltage left on the screen... which you can see on the Mini/21700 by clicking a few times and getting to the part that shows it (Actual voltage read to 0.00, rather than the 0.0 reads on main screen)

In the end, I don't think one FL80 is going to perform differently than another FL80 Dicodes mod in regards to TC... will have slight differences when said mods either use a 21700 or 18650 in power delivery and run times, but function... I don't see it.

Now I do know that the first run FL80s might of came with a few less other wire types installed on the chip...but that is the great thing about TCR... which is on every Dicodes chip... just add the TCR value and boom done... preaching to the choir I know lol... but I don't think you're buying an old version FL80 or better termed... older mod.

As for which to get from Stranger Things... both are rad... DNA75C or FL80...

But I get wanting rad things... heck I buy $600+ knives... a $5 Gas Station knife will do the same thing (Cut things)

no idea, I don’t own a custom Dicodes mod to compare :D you’ll have to provide us with some side by side pics ....having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if their own kit was slightly different

Gotcha. Once I get itnin 3-4 months I'll be sure to provide some side by side action. They take long to make so it'll be awhile. I'm still debating whether I should do the FL80 or DNA75C.....

And yes, that's basically why I asked cause I know Yihi utilizes their best chips in their own mods but, won't supply anyone with them. Considering Dicodes uses the FL80 in the Dani Box 21700 and it looks different then the rest of the FL80's, I would only assume that they do something very similar to what Yihi does.

I haven't noticed any difference in function between the different Dicodes chips, still the same ole clicks to through the menu...

Readily available info on the screen lets say the mini to the 21700...they both use the same chipset with being the FL80... Now I don't have a 21700 to say exactly the read out difference is... but I really think its just size... one sec lemme look..

View attachment 159232

Only thing I see different between the Mini and his is that he can list which wire he is using... which is a total of 5 infomatics... Temp last read, wattage, Ohms, Battery, wire type...

And lets take the Minima from Stranger things for example... it also uses the FL80... but uses the same screen (and imo is the same) as the Taifun Box, still utilizes the same 3 button configuration... and its screen is like this...

View attachment 159233

Wattage, Voltage, Ohms, (Power selected) Battery same 5 as the Dani 21700... but it gives a more detailed view of the battery voltage left on the screen... which you can see on the Mini/21700 by clicking a few times and getting to the part that shows it (Actual voltage read to 0.00, rather than the 0.0 reads on main screen)

In the end, I don't think one FL80 is going to perform differently than another FL80 Dicodes mod in regards to TC... will have slight differences when said mods either use a 21700 or 18650 in power delivery and run times, but function... I don't see it.

Now I do know that the first run FL80s might of came with a few less other wire types installed on the chip...but that is the great thing about TCR... which is on every Dicodes chip... just add the TCR value and boom done... preaching to the choir I know lol... but I don't think you're buying an old version FL80 or better termed... older mod.

But I get wanting rad things... heck I buy $600+ knives... a $5 Gas Station knife will do the same thing (Cut things)

Must've been a bad choice of words on my part, that's my bad. I know the actual function is the same. Like I knew the amount of button clicks to get in the menu and adjust whatever setting would be basically identical. What I was referring to in terms of "function", was the info shown on the screen and how you wouldnt have to go into the menu in order to see it (Dani boxes vs. Custom mods). I was more so asking if it was different considering I said, "it seems like". I should've flat out asked instead of being confusing, that's my fault. I was literally thinking about getting the Taifun Box instead, when I was ordering my DB21700 on CDV. Ultimately though, I wanted a mod with 21700 compatibility. Both are beauts imho. Im aware of how the display looks on the Taifun Box and I know its the same FL80 chip but, the screen color looks slightly different. The one on the Strangers Mods is bluish black. Idk if thats a newer one or older one? I do know however, that the Taifun Box has a specially made FL80 chip designed for that mod alone. I guess the menu is a little "easier" to navigate and what not. Here's a look at the Stranger Mods variation..

Screenshot_20200422-162254_Messenger.jpg Screenshot_20200422-161858_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200422-161755_Gallery.jpg
Yes, in terms of performance whether it be TC, Wattage, etc. I also doubt one will be "better" than the other. Battery life will basically be the only difference. Now, an FL80 with a 21700 can actually output 80 watts but, the 18650 variant only puts out 60, if I'm not mistaken. That's exactly it. The newer one has more wire setting already installed but, to your point, there's no difference if you know how to use TCR. Thats one of the great things about Dicodes. They're just as technical as they are simplistic. How would you feel about a new Dicodes chip (or updated FL80) with a colored screen/different menu options? By different menu options I mean, a setting where you can change the look or functionality of the menu itself. Something like a DNAC chip but, without the option of putting a puppy in the background image (though, I am a dog lover owning 3 atm lol). I know right?! Its so hard for me to pick and I only have a couple days left to pick the one I want. If it weren't for battery efficiency, I would pick a DNA75C over the DNA250C w/o a doubt (ill never use 75 watts, let alone 200-250). But when choosing between either those or a Dicodes FL80, I get flustered lol. One side has more customization options overall and a colored screen, the other side has overall more accuracy, precision, and a simplistic mindset. Not that a DNA isn't anything but accurate, I just find Dicodes to be more so. Thanks for understanding the whole "want" of better things in life. Yea, a $200 mod will do the samething as a $650+ mod. The difference is the quality of the materials used, for the mod itself. Thanks for the VERY informative reply. Greatly appreciated.

View attachment 159232

View attachment 159233

Those are my two choices in the picture. They're both the same except for the chip and button (obviously). It's Stranger's Mods classic (or base) model. Which is stupid expensive but, the coating on these base models are coated with the same material used on F1 Ferrari engines. According to Marco himself (the mod maker/owner), sometimes the mods are dipped side by side with the actual engine parts. It's supposed to be absurdly scratch resistant (the black part). Until I can afford one of his more expensive models/versions of the one im getting now or his new mod called Abominio (dual 18650 with DNA250C or Dicodes FL80), I'm using this mod as a "Sunday" mod or special occasion mod lol.

View attachment 159232

View attachment 159233

Sorry for the long reply man. Didn't know how to shorten the info/what I wanted to say lol.

Not to bother you again but, if you don't mind my asking, which Dicodes devices have you owned/own? Whether it's made by Dicodes or another company utilising their chipset.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think Stranger has "Special" to them FL80s...

The pics you have above and why the screen colors have a bluish hue I think is because of the focus stacking they did to make their pictures look crisp.

The Info on their screens is no different than the Taifun boxes, plus do you really need to know two different battery levels while in TC?

<sarcasm time>

Ooh look my battery bar says 2/3rd full, oh noes my voltage reads 3.7/3.9v...

<Sarcasm off>

With my Dani Mini, with its limited screen readings (4 infomatics) only 2 are needed, heck I'd go as far as saying only one is... wattage set.

I don't need to know the last temp, I don't need voltage remaining/used...and I really don't need Ω reading... you set it up in TC, select wire type or TCR value, set wattage, set temp... Init, process, etc and away you go.

Additionally the FL80 18650s will do 80w... just not sustainably as a 21700 could (Duh) but honestly, those looking at Dani's, or Stranger Mods Dicodes aren't looking to vape at 80w... my MTL'ing is at 14w on the dani, and my DL on the Dani is 27w... plus I also utilize Molicel P26As over higher mAh batteries such as the 30Q or VTC6s and or the like... care more about rebound voltage than I do mAh... mostly for mods have a cut off value (Although changeable in the FL80) and you will sag below that voltage cut off far before you use up that 400 extra mAh vs a higher amp rated battery like the P26A

One thing I can tell you from my Dani Mini... its not very power efficient, I mean I get its an 18650 and I am only using 1500/2400 mAh... but its not really much worse than the poopy 85% efficiency of the DNA75C... plus I have a ton of 18650s and one battery and one tank lasts me easily a day... I just dont get the 2-4 days that the 40T guys get with 21700s ;)

Again, SM's mods are awesome looking... but I truly think they are over priced... but he is marketing to a specific set of people... ones who look at mods as an extension or jewelry, purse, accessory et al. Which I'd buy one, but whos going to see it? Me, a few select people I post pics of it?

Now I am not saying, go buy that $150 Elcigart Prisma DNA75C (Btw isnt ugly, but by no means in SMs stratosphere) lol... might buy one, nah probably wont... I don't TC a ton and I have a great mod in the Dani Mini already

Anyway, please don't take my forwardness as criticism, and my tangents sometimes go really off of topic... just giving perspective of an average Joe

Be rad!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh additionally, you can turn the brightness up on the screen to make it seem blue :D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Not to bother you again but, if you don't mind my asking, which Dicodes devices have you owned/own? Whether it's made by Dicodes or another company utilising their chipset.

The Dani 21700
839ECED8-7008-4D6A-AC9F-EEF1B21402A4.jpeg
A2F0FD9D-CAE3-4D07-A63A-87F20073473B.jpeg

The pics you have above and why the screen colors have a bluish hue I think is because of the focus stacking they did to make their pictures look crisp.

The Info on their screens is no different than the Taifun boxes, plus do you really need to know two different battery levels while in TC?

<sarcasm time>

<Sarcasm off>

With my Dani Mini, with its limited screen readings (4 infomatics) only 2 are needed, heck I'd go as far as saying only one is... wattage set.

I don't need to know the last temp, I don't need voltage remaining/used...and I really don't need Ω reading... you set it up in TC, select wire type or TCR value, set wattage, set temp... Init, process, etc and away you go.

Additionally the FL80 18650s will do 80w... just not sustainably as a 21700 could (Duh) but honestly, those looking at Dani's, or Stranger Mods Dicodes aren't looking to vape at 80w... my MTL'ing is at 14w on the dani, and my DL on the Dani is 27w... plus I also utilize Molicel P26As over higher mAh batteries such as the 30Q or VTC6s and or the like... care more about rebound voltage than I do mAh... mostly for mods have a cut off value (Although changeable in the FL80) and you will sag below that voltage cut off far before you use up that 400 extra mAh vs a higher amp rated battery like the P26A

One thing I can tell you from my Dani Mini... its not very power efficient, I mean I get its an 18650 and I am only using 1500/2400 mAh... but its not really much worse than the poopy 85% efficiency of the DNA75C... plus I have a ton of 18650s and one battery and one tank lasts me easily a day... I just dont get the 2-4 days that the 40T guys get with 21700s ;)

Again, SM's mods are awesome looking... but I truly think they are over priced... but he is marketing to a specific set of people... ones who look at mods as an extension or jewelry, purse, accessory et al. Which I'd buy one, but whos going to see it? Me, a few select people I post pics of it?

Now I am not saying, go buy that $150 Elcigart Prisma DNA75C (Btw isnt ugly, but by no means in SMs stratosphere) lol... might buy one, nah probably wont... I don't TC a ton and I have a great mod in the Dani Mini already

Anyway, please don't take my forwardness as criticism, and my tangents sometimes go really off of topic... just giving perspective of an average Joe

Be rad!
Sorry for the late response, I had wrote up a response to everything you said except for your last two lines cause I got busy with some things. Anyways, I saved the draft and now I cant find how to access it. Does anyone know how? Btw, I finalized my order with Strangers Mods and ended up going the Dicodes route. I think the next mod I buy will be a DNA250C/75C from a select few, higher end mod makers (3d printed, stab/acrylic/resin hybrids). Although, some higher end mod makers are starting to favor the 250C over the 75C. Including Strangers Mods and Lizard Box mods. Those two companies have recently made SMALL DNA250C device .

Have you ever had other mods with a Dicodes? Or did you have DNA's and opted out for the Dicodes once you tried it? The 21700 is my first personal Dicodes myself and can't wait for it to get back from Germany. I had a defective Aluminum body (titan color) and they handled everything like gentlemen. Idk what it is but, my Dani 21700 hits different than my DNA's. Even if I customize my DNA's, the Dicodes still has a slightly more satisfying hit. Its smooth but, powerful. Without the increase of wattage too!

<sarcasm time>

<Sarcasm off>

Be rad!

I don't remember saying that Strangers Mods has anything "special" going on with the FL80 chip they use. I did however, state that the Taifun Box Mod had a specially designed FL80 made for that mod specifically. The menu is supposed to be easier to navigate. Now, the Taifun box mod came out before the Minuta21 so Im assuming (if their the exact same) that Marco from Strangers Mods requested that same chip. And that makes sense with the "focus stacking" used to make the pics pop more. Didn't think of that.

Lmfaooo that shit actually made me laugh. "Ooh look my battery bar says 2/3rd full, oh noes my voltage reads 3.7/3.9v." And I do agree that most info on a mod display is not needed. Most if the things can be set in the menu with a few clicks so I get your point but, just IMAGINE a Dicodes FL80 with a colored display and optional menu setting (similar to a DNAC chip). Especially if you had the ability to switch between the stock Dicodes menu/layout or a more DNAC esque layout. Like switching from black&white to color, or from color back to black&white. Or switching between the 3-5 clicks/menu system (stock Dicodes) and something like a customizable home screen with a few added menu options (stock DNAC). Not that it's NEEDED but, I would like to see Dicodes expand a little and start to really compete against Evolv in sales. They're MORE than capable.

Oh I agree with everything your saying but, as you even said, and what I was actually saying, an 18650 is not optimal for that wattage range. So I dont even associate an 18650 powered mod with that kind of use. An 18650 would barely get any run time at 80 watts, let alone 60. And yes, most people buying a mod of that caliber wouldn't be looking to "blow clouds" however, Stranger Mods just came out with the "Abominio" which is a DNA250C with dual 18650's. And it's quite small considering what it is. That said, I myself vape around 12-17 watts exclusively. Once in a blue moon I'll go up to 35+ with a preferred sub ohm tank.

Obviously its not a 21700 but, an 18650 in a Dicodes will indeed last a little longer than in a DNA75C. It might not be drastic but, if both devices are being vaped on with the same tank, coil/build, wattage, etc., the Dicodes will push out several more toots than the DNA75C. You're comparing 95% to 85% efficiency regardless of battery type. I guess that's the price to pay with a LCD/TFT colored screen and a couple other variables I'm sure.

Overpriced? Possibly. But who can put a price on happiness? That said, you are getting a better built device overall and the materials are more expensive, let alone harder to work with. The man hours that go into a 100% hand built mod (aside from chipset) like that and a Yihi G class, are very different. And a Yihi G class is not cheap in its own right, nor is it the worst mod made. But the attention to detail and the authentic materials used, are on a different level. All that said, could the price be a little cheaper? Idk. Im not a mod maker and can't lay out ALL the details but, I can confirm that some of the extra money spent is justified. A German YouTuber whos an avid user of Dicodes actually did a slight comparison between a Dani Mini (or Dani Box) and a Stranger Mods Minima/Minuta (older models). He stated that the Dicodes mod is the industry standard in overall quality but, there may be a new standard set after holding the Minima/Minuta. He stated this in more detail and in his own words. If I find the video ill link it.

Lmao, the Prisma is actually a good looking mod. I think if they had other options in terms of materials used, it'd be a bigger hit internationally. Some people don't like delrin for obvious reasons but, it is a fine mod for the price nonetheless. Also, do you associate the DNA75C with superior TC? Most people will say DNA's started TC but, Dicodes are the gold standard when it comes to Temp Control. I think aside from biased preference, most people buying a DNA device are looking for something with more wattage and/or more customization options overall.

No offense or criticism taken. I appreciate your opinion/advice thoroughly. Perspectives are key. We can all learn from one another as long as people leave out the ruler (dick measuring contest). Love the sarcasm and off tangents btw, good use of your character.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No I don’t associate DNAs as superior... that’s like saying Ford is superior

Hell I get a great tc vape with a $15 Pico 75 with Arctic Fox and Dvarw MTL that rivals the Dani Mini... just temp reads aren’t the same...

Divides be absolute... Arctic Fox and Pico needs another 10*

But set it and forget it and good vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol gotcha, and what are you comparing Ford to in that analogy?

Hmm, in the sense that it can give a satifying vape, yes, all vapes (at least most) can do that. All vapes, vape, regardless of price lol. However, the accuracy and functionality/control are different. And obviously, materials play a big role in that. Most chip manufacturers have caught up in a sense (Gene, GX, Axon, Omni, Artic Fox) however, I'll still take my Dicodes and DNA's over all of them in a heart beat. That said, the GX boards (in Asmodus mods) and the Axon/Omni boards (in Vaporesso mods) are fine chip sets. Better yet, the newer Axon chip used in the Vaporesso GEN mod, seems to have taken a page out of Dicodes' book. It doesn't look like a super modern screen (intentionally) and chose to go the minimalist route, favoring functionality.

Did you mean "Dicodes be absolute.."? Otherwise I didn't quite catch that line my friend.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I say vape with whatever you’re happy with, no right or wrong. I have dna yihi and dicodes ...agree Dicodes is really damn smooth...you know what though, I vape more with my Smoant mods than I do anything else because they do the job well and the UI is one of the best out there...they might not power said atty as efficiently as some of these boards or as pure as a mech with a quality switch and body but they do power it just fine.

I must say though, personally I’m not a huge mod collector, don’t get me wrong I like some of them a lot and classy mods really look the part in pics, feel great in the hand, materials are better, QC is usually better, and you can see (especially with a small outfit) they pour their heart and soul into a piece .....but as Don said it powers what’s on top and to me the atty is where the magic really happens :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors