Become a Patron!

Do I *really* need a Tesla Wye 200w?

Hey guys! First of all, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. I couldn’t seem to find the right sort of category for it to fit Into.

Anyway, I’ve been using a Vaporesso Tarot pro (160 Watts) for just under a year and it’s decided to fail on me (severe uneven battery drainage)

I was tempted to get the Tesla Wye 200w but not sure if it’s a bit over kill for me.

I like to vape at around 18watts, single twisted coil at 0.8 ohms. The only reason I got the tarot was due to the longer battery life between charges. I used a kanger kbox mini (50watts) before and didn’t realise what I was missing out on until having the tarot. I still vape at 18 watts but it was so much better - it was smoother, more clouds and flavour and had a bit more oomph to it. I can’t really explain it but I’d rather not spend a fortune on a complex mod if it’s going to fail again - plus, I don’t feel like I’ll use it to it’s full potential.

Do I settle for a 50 watt mod or go full out and get a 200?

Sorry for the waffling

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why not Tesla's a good brand and the price isn't bad. You can still vape at 18 watts. But have you ruled out a bad battery?

Why not Tesla's a good brand and the price isn't bad. You can still vape at 18 watts. But have you ruled out a bad battery?

Hey! :) yes I’ve bought new batteries and the same issue still occurs. When one gets low, I swap them around so it kind of balances it out. The second battery always drains much quicker. I’m starting to get anxious using it lol

Can’t even connect it to the computer to even try and see if it’s a firmware issue (highly unlikely I know, but worth a try) but the computer doesnt even recognise the mod. Attempted it on the laptop too. No joy.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey guys! First of all, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. I couldn’t seem to find the right sort of category for it to fit Into.

Anyway, I’ve been using a Vaporesso Tarot pro (160 Watts) for just under a year and it’s decided to fail on me (severe uneven battery drainage)

I was tempted to get the Tesla Wye 200w but not sure if it’s a bit over kill for me.

I like to vape at around 18watts, single twisted coil at 0.8 ohms. The only reason I got the tarot was due to the longer battery life between charges. I used a kanger kbox mini (50watts) before and didn’t realise what I was missing out on until having the tarot. I still vape at 18 watts but it was so much better - it was smoother, more clouds and flavour and had a bit more oomph to it. I can’t really explain it but I’d rather not spend a fortune on a complex mod if it’s going to fail again - plus, I don’t feel like I’ll use it to it’s full potential.

Do I settle for a 50 watt mod or go full out and get a 200?

Sorry for the waffling
Just an FYI, Tesla just came out with a single battery WYE. Here is pic but it might still be on pre-order.
5f1836c75d79090d2dfe5936cb70db2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aslong as your using a data cable not a charging then yea it's probably the mod...I see a Tesla in your future.:)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't vape at high wattage either but I use dual battery mods then I don't have to carry spare batteries.
I'd recommend the RevengerX Iver the Tesla wye though. The temp control is better but it's better in wattage mode too.
The omniboard chip is really good. It's more updated than the Tarot too. 100% recommend.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't vape at high wattage either but I use dual battery mods then I don't have to carry spare batteries.
I'd recommend the RevengerX Iver the Tesla wye though. The temp control is better but it's better in wattage mode too.
The omniboard chip is really good. It's more updated than the Tarot too. 100% recommend.

I'd agree with this except for the fact that my X does not ever read my Steamcrave Plus resistance correctly. It is always 0.02 low.
So, currently, I'm vaping them on my Wye as it does TC very well, and, while it too reads low, can be overridden.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd agree with this except for the fact that my X does not ever read my Steamcrave Plus resistance correctly. It is always 0.02 low.
So, currently, I'm vaping them on my Wye as it does TC very well, and, while it too reads low, can be overridden.
Yeah that's my gripe with the RevengerX. I've had it read attys like 00.4 too high too. I'd reach for the Tesla WYE alot more if it didn't damage my damn battery wraps!!

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah that's my gripe with the RevengerX. I've had it read attys like 00.4 too high too. I'd reach for the Tesla WYE alot more if it didn't damage my damn battery wraps!!
I've been blessed by one of the first Wye I guess.
Mine has never harmed a hair on a battery's head. And it has the magnets to hold the door, which I understand no longer is a thing.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been blessed by one of the first Wye I guess.
Mine has never harmed a hair on a battery's head. And it has the magnets to hold the door, which I understand no longer is a thing.
It performs great. If only there was a way to install the batteries I'd use it. Not a problem removing them. It's just getting them in

VU Sponsors