Become a Patron!

Do not buy from Geekvape

Do not buy any GeekVape products because you risk having to deal with nonexistent customer service.

In February, I ordered a Geekvape Z RTA, which advertises great bottom feed. However, the RTA didn’t come with a bottom feed pin, so I contacted customer support. No worries, the unit was under warranty and I would be sent a new one and I was issued a warranty claim number. A month later and I hadn't heard anything, so I called CS. It turns out that the original CS personnel neglected to give me the information on returning the original unit, which had to be shipped at my expense. I returned the RTA and wait two months, but nothing. In early June, tried calling, but the phone number is out of service. I briefly managed to get someone on live chat, before being disconnected, and was told that my claim would be processed by June 16. June 16 comes and I hear nothing. CS tells me that my claim has been processed and would be shipped in a week, but two weeks later, still nothing. Now phone is out of service and live chat no longer is working. Replies to my emails only say that they are checking into it. I'm now out the original RTA, the replacement, and the shipping costs.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geek Vape makes some of the highest quality mods money can buy.
Telling me not to buy Geek Vape is gonna be harder than making me a vegan. :gaah:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can't locate the atomizer you are talking about. I don't see a GV Z RTA. I see an RDA, and I'm guessing that's what you mean, because I looked at it before myself and was confused by the way it's presented on Sourcemore. I decided not to order because of that, even though I'd really love to have one.

I see three places on the RDA's page where it says "Compatible with BF pin," but in the list of components that are included in the package, a BF pin is not listed. I interpreted that to mean that you either have to rustle up a BF pin that fits the RDA, or you have to order it separately somewhere, because it's not included in the package.

I'm very fond of Geekvape gear myself, but if my interpretation is correct, I agree that it's ridiculous that they don't include the BF pin. But again if that's the case, Customer Service should have just told you that, rather than leading you down the garden path with b-s promises.

I agree with @ajvapes, though. With only ONE exception, I have never gotten good customer service from China. Fasttech comes about as close to decent CS as you're going to find, I think. Most of the time they actually follow through.

Yes, I did mean RDA. Later they started to include the bf pin. I actually had ordered two of these RDAs. One included the pin and one didn't. A person on ECF who ordered at the same time I did got two that didn't include the bf pin. They made her buy the pins for $2 each plus $5 shipping. When she got the pins, they didn't work, they were the wrong size. Lately, I've been hearing nothing good about GVs CS.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As with just about anything you might order from China, if it don't work, you pissed your money away. Ain't much sense crying about it. The Geekvape mods are decent quality. Alot of stuff from China is pretty good. But, there are times you will get screwed. There are times you won't even get what you ordered.

It looks like Geekvape made that RDA in 2 versions, and when you ordered, they sent out what was in the bin.... randomly. Perhaps they chose to ship the older version first, to get it cleared from their inventory.

I don’t if my belly aching paid off or I just b*tched too soon. They emailed me to say that they were out of stock of the Z RDA but I could have something else from the Z series. Well I made my choice, but never heard back from them, until today when out of the blue it shows up in my mailbox. I guess they aren't so good at communicating, but in the end, they made it right.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would if had bought it directly from Geekvape, but I bought it from a third party vendor, Sourcemore.
Wait, I'm lost. You came here to start an 'I Hate GeekVape' thread when it was actually SOURCEMORE who made you mad???
That seems kinda psycho to me.

Some people here actually took their time to try to advise you and then you let it slip that there really isn't any problem at all with Geek Vape, but rather a vendor!

Get your emotions in check man.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
GeekVape ...at one time... made quality mods. Since their lead mod designer left they've been regurgitating the "same old" same old. I thought that was well known, apparently not. Look it up!

As to their customer service, @Territoo is 100% truthful. GV's customer service used to be excellent. For the last year plus it has been completely nonexistent. The proof can be found in their FB group and on other forums --- where you will find numerous complaints.

I will vouch for Territoo's integrity and sincerity. I know her well from ECF. She is no troublemaker nor is she trying to bullshit anyone here with her thread - - - she is not that kind of woman. She is a good person.

From my personal perspective, GeekVape has turned into ShitVape (naturally, and respectfully, YMMV).

Last edited:
It wasn't the seller who gave me misinformation on emails. It wasn't the seller who went for weeks/months with no communications. It wasn't the seller who disconnected their phones and live chat. It wasn't the seller who promised multiple times to look into the matter and never did. It wasn't the seller who deleted my thread on ECF. The seller just posted the listing as supplied by the manufacturer.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It wasn't the seller who gave me misinformation on emails. It wasn't the seller who went for weeks/months with no communications. It wasn't the seller who disconnected their phones and live chat. It wasn't the seller who promised multiple times to look into the matter and never did. It wasn't the seller who deleted my thread on ECF. The seller just posted the listing as supplied by the manufacturer.
This is hysteria. The only reason you joined VU is to "get back at' GeekVape for your own mistake. And now you appear to be increasing your rage. I heard GeekVape killed Jimmy Hoffa too! :gaah::gaah:

You are definitely not the first one who tried to punish a company (the WRONG company) by joining a forum or two and complaining about them publicly.

Again... Why are you even CALLING the manufacturer? By your own admission, you noticed "the problem" immediately upon receiving the package! That makes it a return item - real simple. . . and that's not worth it.
Just go buy the pin. Holee crap, it's a ten dollar item.

edit: I just went to Sourcemore and checked out all the GV Z RTAs and nowhere does it even hint that it comes with a BF pin.

This thread is a fail.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I watched a video about it before purchasing. I used to be somewhat anti-dripping and favored squonking. I've changed my stance on that front mainly from getting into mech tubes. Is it stupid that an RDA from a well known manufacturer doesn't come with a BF pin included? Absolutely, yes. Those being included have become pretty much standard. I still bought one, but knew before hand that it probably wouldn't come with a squonk pin. I knew because I did a little research (Mainly videos, which I usually try to do).

I haven't checked to see if it could use another RDAs pin. When I get bored I might do that. I sometimes check things out like that to see what's compatible with what. My Pandemic 28 RDAs didn't come with squonk pins either. Unicorn mods could've easily thrown one in but for whatever reason, it didn't happen. I started looking with their own RDAs, and found one right away. It can use the older Unicorn 24 & Unicorn 25 RDA's squonk pin. Those we're pattered after one of the most popular RDAs of all time, the Goon. I'm guessing the Zeus's pin won't be that easy.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I didnt want to post this because i assume you are already aware of what i am about to.

If you are referring to the rda.
This is the link to the squonk pin, altho, good luck figuring out which choice it is, and it clearly says its not included. Like i said tho, im not insulting anyones intelligence, only that this is what is on geekvape, which is what i assume u are having the customer service problem about. If anything, im confirming the OP.

Screenshot_20220807-121056_Samsung Internet.jpg

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Figured it out i think...click that link, find the atomizer pin bubble, then below, chose the zues x rta, than order...i believe that is the piece u seek

(Or its just the non-squonk pin, doesnt say i dont think)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Figured it out i think...click that link, find the atomizer pin bubble, then below, chose the zues x rta, than order...i believe that is the piece u seek

(Or its just the non-squonk pin, doesnt say i dont think)

The device OP was upset about is the Z RDA. That device isn't listed as a choice for the spare parts available via that link.

For those of you talking about buying a bf pin, it was done by someone on ECF. GV sent the wrong sized pin that would not fit the RDA and that person is dealing with the same poor CS I did. Besides, why pay an extra $10 for a bf pin on a RDA that was advertised for its bf flavor?

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The device OP was upset about is the Z RDA. That device isn't listed as a choice for the spare parts available via that link.
I noticed that as well, and the fact that it doesnt say bf pin specifically, and love the fact that they would sell/advertise a bf rda knowingly without the pin, and then make it that hard to buy one...
For those of you talking about buying a bf pin, it was done by someone on ECF. GV sent the wrong sized pin that would not fit the RDA and that person is dealing with the same poor CS I did. Besides, why pay an extra $10 for a bf pin on a RDA that was advertised for its bf flavor?
Agreed, just the fact that they would specifically advertise it and not include the 10 cent pin... Its just sad really

Edit-just sayin, if u r gonna bend yer customers over the barrel for that extra 10 dollar pin, you dont need treat em like a**holes when trying to buy it (im agreeing with u both in case there is any question about that)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Some little guy, who doesn't speak English, in a village in remote China somewhere, has a stash of 35,000,000 squonk pins that fit the Z RDA.

"Buy the pin separately," they say.

Oh! Alrighty then.

Be very literal when reading the "buy me" text on all of these websites. Vape companies aren't the only ones who do this, and to be even more specific, Geekvape isn't the only vaping company that does it.

My son spent $50 on an Xbox Controller BOX once on eBay. The word "box" was in the teeny-tiny print. Nothing eBay or Paypal could ethically do.

After all the crap the OP has been through with this, if it was me, I'd throw that f'n RDA away and never buy another thing of Geekvape's. But that's just me. Ymmv.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
They all got sent to australia it looks like. On the plus side, shipping from there sometimes isnt as bad as you would think

Edit-im not recommending either way to buy or not buy, just letting u know thats where they r showing up

(Hopefully the comical value of this absurdity tempers your frustration a bit, lol)

Last edited:
Basically Sourcemore sent you the wrong product so it was they fault not geek vapes geek vape has nothing to do with it if I buy a out of date chocolate bar from the local shop I don't go to Mars bar and complain I go to the source lol in this case its Sourcemore or Sourceless in your case.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I just emailed sourcemore with a link to the item. [Being sold on another site, lol, sm wants that money for themselves]

If it is available and they want to sell it they will list it on preorder and wait to see if anyone buys it.

When someone does they put in the order.

If enough ppl email them about it, it will be more likely to happen, vendors always have better contact with mfgs. This is an rda from last year tho so as far as geekvape is concerned it may have already run its course for profits, so now they dont care. (which is a very reasonable reason to not buy from them, lol)

Be sure to frame it in the context that geekvape sells it seperately but is necessary for the rda to function

Last edited:
Basically Sourcemore sent you the wrong product so it was they fault not geek vapes geek vape has nothing to do with it if I buy a out of date chocolate bar from the local shop I don't go to Mars bar and complain I go to the source lol in this case its Sourcemore or Sourceless in your case.

You obviously can't read. If Sourcemore sent me the wrong product, then why would GV be doing a warranty exchange? I'm not the only one that's had this problem. In fact, I suspect that little link they added on their website about the bf pin being sold separately is because they got so many complaints about the lack of bf pin. And it's not the lack of bf pin that was the issue as much as the poor CS on GVs part.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I found a bunch of posts from last summer alluding to the fact that [at that time] it was on sale from the geekvape store, but listed as a preorder item (even that makes u want to smack your forehead)

That and sending a whole bunch to australia seems to be the only effort they made to make it available.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will vouch for Territoo's integrity and sincerity. I know her well from ECF. She is no troublemaker nor is she trying to bullshit anyone here with her thread - - - she is not that kind of woman. She is a good person.
I also know HER from ECF (hi... my user name is similar to my ECF name, unfortunately I got banned thanks to SMT and Skeebo) Feel free to PM me anytime.

You obviously can't read. If Sourcemore sent me the wrong product, then why would GV be doing a warranty exchange? I'm not the only one that's had this problem. In fact, I suspect that little link they added on their website about the bf pin being sold separately is because they got so many complaints about the lack of bf pin. And it's not the lack of bf pin that was the issue as much as the poor CS on GVs part.
I apologise but are we going to fall out over a bf screw??? hope you sort your problem out enjoy the rest of your weekend.....✌️

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, I can understand the frustration of not getting the BF screw included... it would be like getting a RTA with a missing o-ring (but you can order the o-ring separate)

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
BTW, I can understand the frustration of not getting the BF screw included... it would be like getting a RTA with a missing o-ring (but you can order the o-ring separate)

oh, i dunno, I think it resembles more closely say, a mesh rta where the groove for the mesh has a blocking tab in order to force you to use only that company's mesh strips, as if they will be universally available forever.

But, who would ever think to do that to their customers....

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The source of the cocoa beans from Mars is still African child slavery BTW.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep that would be me. Spent 3 months just trying to get in touch with customer service but to no avail. Finally they got back to me via email.

I was told it was my mistake because it clearly didn’t mention that bf pines were included. So for another $16 for shipping I ordered the accessories bag that they sent me the link to. Except it wasn’t. It was for the Tengu. I tried every bf pin in my arsenal but none fit.

I finally decided to put the regular bf pin bank in so that I could at least drip with it but it was awful tasting. I’m no noobie so I know what my mixes should taste like and all this as a big YUK. I’ve been a huge GV customer for several years but not this time. Went back and watched several more YT videos just to confirm it wasn’t me and the ALL had the same question- why sell a atty that advertises as bf’ing but doesn’t include a squonk pain. To a T none of the reviewers could understand this. I do know of a few customers did get a bf pin but the majority of responses and reviewers mostly didn’t.

I discussed this at a different forum that I support to see if anyone had the same problem. Suddenly, a week or so after all of this conversation and forwarding it to the geekvape representatives on that forum I heard nothing except that the old original description was replaced on the box and GVs own site with the segment that says No BF pin included

That original forum the description and what was included or not included suddenly got revised with is that most “dont come with a bf pin” etc…. It was also deleted from vendor sites as well. I like to do my research before doing anything and I’m the last person to complain about things. But a $1.00 bf pin sent to me for my troubles would’ve been rest customer service. Unfortunately they wanted me to purchase a different accessory bag and pay for shipping from China. The “right thing” to do was apologize and ask what they could do make it right- from returning the one I had to splurging $1.00 for a bf pin an envelope for free.

Anyways that’s my story with GeekVape customer service. I had really been an ardent fan of and loved everything that GV made until this experience with customer service. And each attempt just made it worse. I actually eat the emails because I couldn’t believe what I was reading lol! Thankfully it’s just a very plain and boring RDA so not much loss.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'd wager that Geekvape will lose a lot more money just from the hit this ridiculous situation makes to their reputation than they'd ever have saved by nickel-and-diming people for a f'n BF pin. The moron who made the decision in the first place needs to be relieved of his/her seat at the table.

Even if GV's customer service hadn't been abysmal in response, it's still just a STUPID thing to have to worry with.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
It's not just this issue (which is one of many) that's a problem for GeekVape...

Their main problem is they lost their chief designer, Justin Lei.

Justin was the designer of both the Geekvape Aegis series of mods and the Zeus range of tanks. Those were EXCELLENT products. I have four OG Aegis Solo's. The OG Solo's are solid mods and many love the Zeus tanks.

After Justin left GV he started Oxva. He is the CEO and lead designer at Oxva.

When LoserVape lost Justin they simply regurgitated all of Justin's designs. GV hasn't released any new product that is worth any mention whatsoever.

GeekVape is VERY deserving of the shitty reputation they currently have. And, it's their own doing.

I'd wager that Geekvape will lose a lot more money just from the hit this ridiculous situation makes to their reputation than they'd ever have saved by nickel-and-diming people for a f'n BF pin. The moron who made the decision in the first place needs to be relieved of his/her seat at the table.

Even if GV's customer service hadn't been abysmal in response, it's still just a STUPID thing to have to worry with.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's not just this issue (which is one of many) that's a problem for GeekVape...

Their main problem is they lost their chief designer, Justin Lei.

Justin was the designer of both the Geekvape Aegis series of mods and the Zeus range of tanks. Those were EXCELLENT products. I have four OG Aegis Solo's. The OG Solo's are solid mods and many love the Zeus tanks.

After Justin left GV he started Oxva. He is the CEO and lead designer at Oxva.

When LoserVape lost Justin they simply regurgitated all of Justin's designs. GV hasn't released any new product that is worth any mention whatsoever.

GeekVape is VERY deserving of the shitty reputation they currently have. And, it's their own doing.

I actually had read that somewhere - which explains the similarity between the Arbiter line of RTAs and the Zeus RTAs of a few years ago.

It's also been impossible to NOT notice the change in the look of GV's new mods - hope I'm not treading on toes here, but some of them look like some of the shit Sigelei produced after the bottom fell out for them. How bright and plasticky does a mod need to be?

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I do know of a few customers did get a bf pin but the majority of responses and reviewers mostly didn’t.

I discussed this at a different forum that I support to see if anyone had the same problem. Suddenly, a week or so after all of this conversation and forwarding it to the geekvape representatives on that forum I heard nothing except that the old original description was replaced on the box and GVs own site with the segment that says No BF pin included

That original forum the description and what was included or not included suddenly got revised with is that most “dont come with a bf pin” etc…. It was also deleted from vendor sites as well.
Haha, i missed this part, typical.

VU Sponsors