Become a Patron!

DO NOT REGISTER ON CVAPOR.COM

carrielsal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This company may be legit, but their site has huge security issues. When you login, the site is not using ssl. Also, the site automatically sends you a welcome email with your password in clear text. If you're not familiar with internet security, this means that your personal date is being transmitted unencrypted. It's equivalent to someone standing on a busy street corner holding up a large neon sign with all your personal information for everyone driving by to see.

Just registering on this site puts you at high risk for identity theft.

SSL checker, https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html
Sending Passwords in Email, http://www.thebitmill.com/articles/password_email.html
Secure Transactions, http://www.learnthenet.com/learn-about/secure-transactions/
How to know if an online transaction is secure, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/know-online-transaction-secure#1TC=windows-7

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the warning. That's the stupidest thing ever, sending you your own password by email where anyone can see it, as if you can't remember your own passwords thirty seconds after registering.

carrielsal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the warning. That's the stupidest thing ever, sending you your own password by email where anyone can see it, as if you can't remember your own passwords thirty seconds after registering.

I don't think most people understand the importance of ssl encryption or how to identify if a site is using ssl. Online shopping is now the norm, and people take it for granted that retailers are protecting their personal information. This vendor is showing a blatant disregard for their customers' privacy.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think most people understand the importance of ssl encryption or how to identify if a site is using ssl. Online shopping is now the norm, and people take it for granted that retailers are protecting their personal information. This vendor is showing a blatant disregard for their customers' privacy.
I experienced credit card fraud twice last year and I'm positive it came from purchasing e-cigs online. I don't know which site was responsible but it was one of them.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the heads-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I experienced credit card fraud twice last year and I'm positive it came from purchasing e-cigs online. I don't know which site was responsible but it was one of them.
us.joyetech.com has problems with someone hoovering CC data.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the heads up for our members, I will move this to Vendor review area

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got hit two back in the summer stole $1500 but I did get it back. Someone in NY went on a apple spending spree. I bought a ipv2 from elev8 vape and a few juice companies still dunno which site took it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a chargeable debit Visa card and only load the amount I am purchasing onto it from my bank. Hard for scammers to charge anything against a $0.00 balance.

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Well said. Ultimately though, we have to be the ones responsible. It's not always easy or the foremost in our minds. Take me for instance, I had my info stolen over xmas while shopping online. I wasn't shocked just frustrated. My husband works in IT network and security and I worked in the credit and banking industry.... so no excuse here but it happens to all of us at some point.

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a chargeable debit Visa card and only load the amount I am purchasing onto it from my bank. Hard for scammers to charge anything against a $0.00 balance.
Me too man... I love it. I did learn from my mistake... heh

carrielsal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your lucky if just your credit card number gets stolen. Credit card theft is definitely a risk if you make a purchase on their site, but the risk is bigger than that. You don't not have to make a purchase. When you create an account, you are filling in your name, email address, street address and phone number. All that information is being sent across the internet unencrypted, putting you at high risk for identify theft.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is why I use a pre-pay card and as soon as I put the money on the card I spend it. I was a victim two times.. Hopefully never again. I have used the card for over year and half with no problems.

VU Sponsors