Become a Patron!

DO THIS WHEN YOU SEE SPAM

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey VUers!

Ever see the gibberish posts throughout the day, and especially, late at night? We do our best to remove these as soon as we see them, but when you happen to run across those, please use the REPORT button. DON'T reply to those, even as silly and funny as they may be. When we catch those, they go bye bye.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:( I'm sad now.
I think Miss Huck means not to hit reply on their post.
But by all means feel free to post within the thread and call their dumb-asses on the shenanigans.Don't be afraid to let your inner rage monster out.

rage_monster_by_mingrune-d5cf51a.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice reference Marcus...Now I just have to go watch Sigourney Weaver in her super hot jump suit for the 500th time.

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
who got banned by accident now? lol
I did. I've been erased.
All my threads and posts are gone... including the MTL thread. 4700 posts and 5200 likes.
Gone.

Right now I can post but I can not start a thread.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did. I've been erased.
All my threads and posts are gone... including the MTL thread.
Admin is looking into restoring that one. If they can, they will, trust me, several people are looking for that one. I'd be happy to discuss this with you privately, or you can PM one of the admin team.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well i was going to call bullshit on whiskey and hucks post
\but aint this the second time this happened to you @sharkvape?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
shark is in PM with huck and it will get straightened out

for now, its fairly simple... resist the urge to post in a spam thread, and no worries.
im just laughing cuz those who post a lot and are heavily active on the forum know this, yet one of us winds up screwing up and getting banned

now onto the fun stuff i just figured out how to do
:drunk::coffee2::bomb::bunny:
oh look a panda bear pooping:sadpanda::snapoutofit::soapbox::yes:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i really like the pooping panda:sadpanda:

but i cant pick a favorite yet
:alligator:is this a gator or a baby dragon or what

:nothingtoadd:this ones good
i may just post it in every thread
cuz I love NOTIFICATIONS they make me feel loved

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
shark is in PM with huck and it will get straightened out
for now, its fairly simple... resist the urge to post in a spam thread, and no worries.
That's a little insulting, blaming the member... especially since management is aware of the auto-ban nightmare
and has chosen not to fix it. Frankly, I thought it was fixed after @Artemis & Matt(?) got axed.

I can't imagine why any forum would configure their software to automatically erase thousands of posts
and threads, and ban a member for any reason at all. No other forum I am aware of does this.

A year and a half, 5000 likes... near 5000 posts, all wiped clean... with no human approval or ability to restore.

But if you say it's my responsibility, so be it. It's your forum, your rules, your property to run any way you wish.
I do understand that.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
see she comes quick I got her trained well

and tyger and joe are on vacation let them have a vacation

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
see she comes quick I got her trained well

and tyger and joe are on vacation let them have a vacation
You're soooo very needy, aren't you? Are you a middle child?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You're soooo very needy, aren't you? Are you a middle child?
im the youngest of 3
and im am not needy

oh @teresaP can you get me a soda to go with this sammich ooh and a napkin, oooh and a glass of ice

and dont forget the mayo

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im the youngest of 3
and im am not needy

oh @teresaP can you get me a soda to go with this sammich ooh and a napkin, oooh and a glass of ice

and dont forget the mayo

Mayo into a glass with ice. You asked!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did he post in spam thread again then or was this due to had previous to this?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yup too he did post in a spam thread again?

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
expired

Last edited:

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's a little insulting, blaming the member... especially since management is aware of the auto-ban nightmare
and has chosen not to fix it. Frankly, I thought it was fixed after @Artemis & Matt(?) got axed.

I can't imagine why any forum would configure their software to automatically erase thousands of posts
and threads, and ban a member for any reason at all. No other forum I am aware of does this.

A year and a half, 5000 likes... near 5000 posts, all wiped clean... with no human approval or ability to restore.

But if you say it's my responsibility, so be it. It's your forum, your rules, your property to run any way you wish.
I do understand that.

Actually, @Shark Vape, we didn't configure our software to do this...... we're actively trying to find a way to configure it NOT to. The trouble is that you were intimately aware of this problem and tempted fate anyway. No one is more disappointed in the outcome than I am, and I restored you as quickly as I could. Sadly, I'm unable to restore your posts. I wish I could do more, but I can't. There's a reason we tell everyone not to respond to those threads. I'll be happy to restore your post count, but I can't bring back the info. That's the truth. I'm not blaming the member, I'm just looking at it realistically. You essentially stood out on a hill with in a lightning storm brandishing a golf club at the clouds. The inevitable happened, and there's no point yelling at the storm.

FWIW, I'm sorry this happened, but it is what it is.

I have restored your post and like count and your Platinum Contributor status.

@Whiskey @Huckleberried @f1r3b1rd

Last edited:

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Actually, @Shark VapeI'm not blaming the member, I'm just looking at it realistically.
You essentially stood out on a hill with in a lightning storm brandishing a golf club at the clouds.
The inevitable happened, and there's no point yelling at the storm.
That's a lovely metaphor Tyger but hardly accurate. You're rationalizing and shirking your responsibility.
Let me give it a try...

I essentially trusted you with an asset... like money... nearly 2 years of my content.
And we both know in the forum world, in the Google Analytics world, content IS money.
I trusted you/VU to keep it safe... somewhat like a bank.
But sadly, the VU 'bank' is insecure, you've chosen to leave the vault open all night.
The bank president chose to install a trapdoor in the vault instead of
locking the door or having a security guard to protect the assets... (like all other forums do)
Problem is... when burglars come in you flush the money along with the scumbag.
Then blame the account holders saying you told em you leave the vault door open.

That's what happened. It is YOUR responsibility to protect forum content, no one else's.
So I'd be grateful if you and your staff didn't try to mislead folks into believing the deluded hogwash above.
No other forum I've heard of treats member content with so little regard. And you do it over and over.
5 times now? In less than a year? And you still don't care enough to fix the problem???

So the lesson I've learned here is VU simply doesn't care enough to protect your members like other forums.
If I can't trust VU to hold my post history securely, then I'll stop posting on-topic content.
I type at the speed of glacial drift; it takes me a long time to help people here. But I enjoyed doing it.

Let me be clear one more time: I'm not nearly as offended at your mistake as your attempts to blame the member.
4 mods rushing in here to point their finger at the member who lost because of a VU management error. Bunk.

If you can't get control of your forum security, at least don't blame the members who have lost
because of your careless irresponsibility. <--- That's a period.

Sorry you all have chosen to air this out in public...
A PM would have probably been better.

VU Sponsors