Become a Patron!

DO THIS WHEN YOU SEE SPAM

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't let the "vault door" hit you in the ass on the way out
oh and........
Sorry you all have chosen to air this out in public...
A PM would have probably been better.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's a lovely metaphor Tyger but hardly accurate. You're rationalizing and shirking your responsibility.
Let me give it a try...

I essentially trusted you with an asset... like money... nearly 2 years of my content.
And we both know in the forum world, in the Google Analytics world, content IS money.
I trusted you/VU to keep it safe... somewhat like a bank.
But sadly, the VU 'bank' is insecure, you've chosen to leave the vault open all night.
The bank president chose to install a trapdoor in the vault instead of
locking the door or having a security guard to protect the assets... (like all other forums do)
Problem is... when burglars come in you flush the money along with the scumbag.
Then blame the account holders saying you told em you leave the vault door open.

That's what happened. It is YOUR responsibility to protect forum content, no one else's.
So I'd be grateful if you and your staff didn't try to mislead folks into believing the deluded hogwash above.
No other forum I've heard of treats member content with so little regard. And you do it over and over.
5 times now? In less than a year? And you still don't care enough to fix the problem???

So the lesson I've learned here is VU simply doesn't care enough to protect your members like other forums.
If I can't trust VU to hold my post history securely, then I'll stop posting on-topic content.
I type at the speed of glacial drift; it takes me a long time to help people here. But I enjoyed doing it.

Let me be clear one more time: I'm not nearly as offended at your mistake as your attempts to blame the member.
4 mods rushing in here to point their finger at the member who lost because of a VU management error. Bunk.

If you can't get control of your forum security, at least don't blame the members who have lost
because of your careless irresponsibility. <--- That's a period.

I'll respectfully disagree. This is a known problem, we are working to solve, and you knew that probably better than any member. You made a choice to post. No one made you do it at gunpoint. You seem to want to believe that you're a martyr and we had you in the crosshairs, but a long-standing history of me standing up for you and trying desperately to smooth things over for you is proof of the opposite. I *AM* sorry, @Shark Vape, that your content is gone. However, because you cannot claim ignorance as to the problem that resulted in this outcome, the responsibility rests squarely on you. The mods have time and again all but *begged* you not to post in those threads, yet you continued. This had nothing to do with management and security, and everything to do with NOT heeding good advice that was intended to protect you.

As for PMs, I'm happy to answer messages wherever they are. It was here, so I answered here.

And if you're looking for a Forum that treats members with "so little regard", you don't have to look hard. In fact, our team has spent more time apologizing and trying to fix this than any other would have. Elsewhere, you wouldn't be getting long responses from moderators and admins..... you'd have been "moved on".

We're not out to get you @Shark Vape...... we never were...... I personally enjoy you being here, and from our past interactions, you know that. I hope you'll continue, and I really hope that when we try to advise you of things intended to protect you, you'll listen. Our tech team are great at what they do, but they aren't magicians..... until this problem is solved, please do what is necessary to ensure you aren't affected by it.

@Whiskey @Huckleberried @f1r3b1rd

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Don't let the "vault door" hit you in the ass on the way out...
I see you're "posting as a member" again. Oooo... body part profanities. Cool.

10000 Demerits2.png
Yeah, I saved that for posterity. I save lotsa stuff...
You wanna talk nasty to me some more? Or are we done here?

edited back cause hopefully we're done here.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you<3
Never was on a gardening forum, must be some one else , but that's ok, Loves ya anyways:blowkiss:
oops, nope never was a mod on ECF either, but here's a wink for you, I know you feel the need to slam someone other than yourself, over choices YOU made, it's ok ;) Hugs

Last edited:

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like it when you do that cause I get to treat you with the respect you deserve.

You're a garbage moderator Whiskey... a lying, backstabbing manipulative cunt. You are a liability.
You wouldn't even be modding here if you didn't have some (misguided) friend bring you in.

You've been fired and booted off what? FIVE forum mod positions?
Holy crap, YOU WERE MOD-FIRED FROM A GARDENING FORUM!!! :kickbutt:
rollingonasslaughing.gif

Even ECF dumped your ass as a mod!

That's your resume Tina, canned everywhere you go...
...because you're not qualified to moderate others if you can't control yourself.

View attachment 53076

Cut the crap, @Shark Vape...... seriously. It's only the very permissive rules of the forum that have prevented me from just deleting that post.
It's uncalled for. Clearly, you two aren't bosom buddies, but that doesn't excuse an attack of this nature.

As for being fired from ECF...... I'd count that as a point in her favor, if it were true.

Go outside and get some air......

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
:vino:
I'm no IT expert but I think the spam invasion is being helped by your sign up security question...
"What are the first 4 letters in Vaping Underground?"

I think the spammers may have figured this one out... :rolleyes:
Please fix your forum security T.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That's a lovely metaphor Tyger but hardly accurate. You're rationalizing and shirking your responsibility.
Let me give it a try...

I essentially trusted you with an asset... like money... nearly 2 years of my content.

You say Asset, I say

Ass In Hole Meme.jpg

For your two years of "Content" the first part of which eventually got you banned for violating the the very few rules of the forum, but @TygerTyger let you back in for reasons that I don't understand, then when you come back you make a Half Assed (see the reoccurring theme here) attempt to be an actual contributing member of the forum, inter-spaced with again skirting the rules, picking fights with other members, denigrating the mods and most lately like Tyger said "Standing on top of a hill in a lightening storm with a raised Golf Club" you got your ASS (see prior mentions above) freaking SPAM BANNED in spite of being told repeatedly to KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF!

GET A GRIP, GET SOME MEDS OR GET AN ECF MEMBERSHIP!

(

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a little insulting, blaming the member... especially since management is aware of the auto-ban nightmare
and has chosen not to fix it. Frankly, I thought it was fixed after @Artemis & Matt(?) got axed.

I can't imagine why any forum would configure their software to automatically erase thousands of posts
and threads, and ban a member for any reason at all. No other forum I am aware of does this.

A year and a half, 5000 likes... near 5000 posts, all wiped clean... with no human approval or ability to restore.

But if you say it's my responsibility, so be it. It's your forum, your rules, your property to run any way you wish.
I do understand that.
Dude stop please.Seriously fucking stop it...Damn it!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im the youngest of 3
and im am not needy

oh @teresaP can you get me a soda to go with this sammich ooh and a napkin, oooh and a glass of ice

and dont forget the mayo
I'm going to laugh my ass off when she dumps it all in your lap...And then politely says "There you go, happy?"

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me give it a try...

And we both know in the forum world, in the Google Analytics world, content IS money.
I trusted you/VU to keep it safe... somewhat like a bank.
But sadly, the VU 'bank' is insecure, you've chosen to leave the vault open all night.
The bank president chose to install a trapdoor in the vault instead of
locking the door or having a security guard to protect the assets... (like all other forums do)
Problem is... when burglars come in you flush the money along with the scumbag.
Then blame the account holders saying you told em you leave the vault door open.

That's what happened. It is YOUR responsibility to protect forum content, no one else's.
So I'd be grateful if you and your staff didn't try to mislead folks into believing the deluded hogwash above.
No other forum I've heard of treats member content with so little regard. And you do it over and over.
5 times now? In less than a year? And you still don't care enough to fix the problem???

So the lesson I've learned here is VU simply doesn't care enough to protect your members like other forums.
If I can't trust VU to hold my post history securely, then I'll stop posting on-topic content.
I type at the speed of glacial drift; it takes me a long time to help people here. But I enjoyed doing it.

Let me be clear one more time: I'm not nearly as offended at your mistake as your attempts to blame the member.
4 mods rushing in here to point their finger at the member who lost because of a VU management error. Bunk.

If you can't get control of your forum security, at least don't blame the members who have lost
because of your careless irresponsibility. <--- That's a period.

Shark please stop you're being Wrongheaded and Ignorant.

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Oh hey, fresh in from the mod chat...

I thought we were done here. Why ya wanna start a new fight?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 53076

edited back cause hopefully we're done here.
You know what worries me most is the very bottom 1.
(Threats against other members total 3)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh hey, fresh in from the mod chat...

I thought we were done here. Why ya wanna start a new fight?
Please show me where it says I'm a Mod?
Oh wait you can't cause I'm not a damn mod.
I'm trying to get you to stop being an idiot.I like you and would hate to have to use the ignore feature on somebody I considered to be a friend.

Yours, James.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know right? I wish Whiskey would be more specific. :)
Obviously it was because you threatened another member...D'uh!
Which is what worried me.Not you being penalized for it.
Just so I'm perfectly clear on this.
Any actual threat of violence on anybody online is a felony in every state in the United States.
In my opinion you got lucky.
Now stop being an arse...Please?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck it...I'm taking a week off the forums.I hope everything works out for you Shark if not...Well it wasn't like you weren't warned repeatably by every friend you have to cease and desist.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So much tenacity being wasted on such a trifle. Why not direct all the hostility at people who are trying to take away the reason for all your precious content..
@Shark Vape , with all due respect that was not directed at @Whiskey

;)

I don't know about what happened in the past but I've enjoyed your content since I've joined. I would hate to see it disappear over a technical issue.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure a few were wondering when I'd find my way into this discussion.

<looks around, shakes head at SV, laughs at SV, feeling pissed toward SV>

That'll do. SMH.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Jeez... were you pokin' at a bear spammer? :wait:

Ignorance is no excuse at this point.
(SV's was arrogance :p )
<meekly> yeah, replied to a weight loss spam and how their crap made my dick fall off.

Knew one shouldn't reply, since it bumps the thread to the top. Had no idea that sometimes those that reply get sucked into the ban vacuum. Eep!! Thanks @Huckleberried for watching my back

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, my last post before a weeklong banishment was hilarious too. :rolleyes:

Not worth it. :(

Are you kidding me? Are you fuckin' kidding me? o_O

Do we need it as a giant banner? :rolleyes:

:D
LOL I posted this in 3 areas of the forum, I think.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(eta: I crossed with outwest here... this is reply to Huck)

I know.

That's why SV gets zero sympathy.
He was not only fully aware... he was flaunting it thinking it couldn't/wouldn't happen to him.
And besides... it was just too much to limit him that way. :rolleyes:

I didn't even know he got hit for a week or so... then I saw his whining posts.
No taking responsibility... just blaming the staff and code maintenance.

Fuck you Sharkie. :mad:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I'm at a loss there. Nothing I could say helped, nothing calmed the situation, nothing anyone said would ever be the right thing. Cautions were posted repeatedly.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I'm at a loss there. Nothing I could say helped, nothing calmed the situation, nothing anyone said would ever be the right thing. Cautions were posted repeatedly.

Cautions my ass.
In direct thread convos... both Artemis and I begged him to stop joking around in the SPAM threads.

We tried to explain how stunningly annoying it is to have all of your past posts evaporate. :headbang:

In a few months, after he has again, and again, and again reopened an old thread to find all those gaps... then he'll understand. But he'll still blame you. :rolleyes:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is almost scary now... the same spammer posted again in the same existing thread.

They're evolving. :eek:

:p

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep we all saw them...Hell I tried warning him myself.What the fuck is really going on if I have to be the voice of reason?

We're doooomed. :eek:

:p

A "Well done" to the overnight mod crew... got that crap cleaned out of the VT133 thread without any automated losses. See... you can work sober. :rolleyes:

;):D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
...this thread should probably be locked... *wanders off* just sayin.
I think this was the only one that remained unlocked, can't recall of the top of my head.... BUT, the fact that it gets bumped and lands in the timeline ain't a bad thing, IMO. PLUS, now I know at least one more person knows what to do :D

VU Sponsors