Become a Patron!

Do We Need the Smart Features for Vapes?

Hey everyone, it’s Yana from Hiflow. I’ve been noticing how vape are evolving to include all these cool features, just like iphones and iwatches. What do you all think about that? Do you enjoy these added functionalities, or do you feel that the focus should just be on delivering a great flavor? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hey everyone, it’s Yana from Hiflow. I’ve been noticing how vape are evolving to include all these cool features, just like iphones and iwatches. What do you all think about that? Do you enjoy these added functionalities, or do you feel that the focus should just be on delivering a great flavor? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
I love the great flavor.
It would be helpful if the vape came with a pager style device to where it would make a sound if I lost it.
I can use my smartwatch to find my phone when I misplace it.
it would be nice to be able to use a phone app to find the vape when I misplace it. :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I love the great flavor.
It would be helpful if the vape came with a pager style device to where it would make a sound if I lost it.
it would be nice to be able to use a phone app to find the vape when I misplace it. :)
Yeah, we old, forgetful, half blind ppl would like that. ;)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I don't see it as a phone built in or vice versa. But a smart watch face? Yep. Bluetooth. Could be stand alone for phone/text for considerably more $. Just make it a mod. Not a pod. With just a mod you could put a 21700, chip, and screen on 1 side, partition the other side as a heat barrier and put the watch face there. Maybe you could incorporate the mod's voltage/wattage screen into the watch face. We can choose the type of atomizer we want.
The most used thing i use on a watch is answer a call, see read texts and emails. There's othrs but if it only had those most used, it would be good. If I make a call I use a phone, If I send a text or email I use a phone/pc.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm an old phart, just give me something that ain't gonna break if I drop it or gets some ejuice on it. Too much in the way of electronics is just asking for failure in a year or so.

Says the guy vaping 10 year old REOs...

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you wanna make a vape mod smart, make them so that you hafta scan your drivers license with it before using it at least once a day. If the user is underage, it won't turn on.

I love the great flavor.
You mean a built in gps? like an air tag?

I don't see it as a phone built in or vice versa. But a smart watch face? Yep. Bluetooth. Could be stand alone for phone/text for considerably more $. Just make it a mod. Not a pod. With just a mod you could put a 21700, chip, and screen on 1 side, partition the other side as a heat barrier and put the watch face there. Maybe you could incorporate the mod's voltage/wattage screen into the watch face. We can choose the type of atomizer we want.
The most used thing i use on a watch is answer a call, see read texts and emails. There's othrs but if it only had those most used, it would be good. If I make a call I use a phone, If I send a text or email I use a phone/pc.
Hmm, some brands have already tried to integrate smartwatches, but because they include games, there's a concern that they might encourage underage use. So I don't think it's a promising direction. However, if the focus shifted to 'how to use vaping better', it would be more effective. For example, features like adjustable cooling or sweetness levels, even #2 said bluetooth back function. These would bring the focus back to the vape itself and help avoid attracting minors.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you wanna make a vape mod smart, make them so that you hafta scan your drivers license with it before using it at least once a day. If the user is underage, it won't turn on.
You're right, it's an effective feature to prevent underage using it
I'm sorry, but as an adult, I don't want to have to scan my drivers license in-order to vape. Yes, sounds good, but no thanks.
As we all know, children will be children, how do you think we got here. No, I prefer them not to try that first cigarette or their first vape, but if they try any of the two, vaping would be the way to go.
That goes for alcohol as well, heck, why not do that for everything, the alcohol, cigs, vape, I mean the list could go on, right?
Also, who's to say they wouldn't pinch the drivers license out of the parents wallets.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry, but as an adult, I don't want to have to scan my drivers license in-order to vape. Yes, sounds good, but no thanks.
As we all know, children will be children, how do you think we got here. No, I prefer them not to try that first cigarette or their first vape, but if they try any of the two, vaping would be the way to go.
That goes for alcohol as well, heck, why not do that for everything, the alcohol, cigs, vape, I mean the list could go on, right?
Also, who's to say they wouldn't pinch the drivers license out of the parents wallets.
The majority of us have enough mods that we would never have to worry about security protocols on our mods. When someone asks about "smart features" for them, that is the first thing that comes to mind. We have enough of a battle with politicians taking our rights away, and trying to ban vaping outright just because of children. It pisses me off. If new mods were made with that feature, there may be a chance our freedoms might stop vanishing.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The majority of us have enough mods that we would never have to worry about security protocols on our mods. When someone asks about "smart features" for them, that is the first thing that comes to mind. We have enough of a battle with politicians taking our rights away, and trying to ban vaping outright just because of children. It pisses me off. If new mods were made with that feature, there may be a chance our freedoms might stop vanishing.
Yes, I get where you are coming from, as I don't want more of our freedoms taken away by our so called leaders. I'll fall back on, they could pinch the drivers licenses off of their parents or a friend that would be old enough, also. Yes, I'm sure most of us have stock on mods and such, but possibly some do not. Should there also be a scan tag on the e-liquid to check our birth date? Hmm, that's a possible idea.
Lol, just to throw this in mix...how about all the poor illegals that could not vape cause they are not supposed to have driver licenses, sorry, being sarcastic, but....lol...serious.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So when I first saw this thread I thought it meant "smart" mods (like many pod/mods) that do a smart check of the coil being used... and then set the wattage by default. That can be handy but most times I have to adjust the wattage anyway. So... (off topic or not, I have no idea but if you are just talking about "smart phone" stuff on a mod... NO) I want a mod that you can set the default wattage for a specific coil (resistance in ohms) It might seem petty, but there is one pod/mod that defaults to 16 watts (0.8 ohm coil) but I like it at 15 watts, another that defaults to 40 watts (0.3 ohm coil) but I like it at 36 watts. so carry on, I'm just putting another spin-off into the mix.

I agree about using vaping better. Any function, whether gas, watt, nicotine, flavor, locator, etc., but don't want him to become a smart watch or smartphone, including camera, phone, games, etc. I think this is to raise prices for short-term use. When I finish using the device, I don't know if I should continue to use it.

VU Sponsors