Become a Patron!

Do you remember your first two mods

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
I'm viewing the forum from my phone which I'd never done before, always from my laptop. So tiny screen and I miss read the title of the thread asking for your favorite two mods. My mind back to my first two mods.

Well actually I had one of those pen things for one night. By the following morning I was at the vape store to get something with more power. I got the Kangertech subbox.

My next mod was the Smok Alien.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My first two box mods were both Sigelei Sparks, little 90 watt, single 18650 monsters. One silver, one black. I vaped the hell out of them. Silver one is still around here somewhere.

I mostly used Kabuki clone tanks from FT on them.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
My first two box mods were both Sigelei Sparks, little 90 watt, single 18650 monsters. One silver, one black. I vaped the hell out of them. Silver one is still around here somewhere.

I mostly used Kabuki clone tanks from FT on them.
How'd you come to vape. For me I'd promised my wife to quit cigars and I did it cold turkey the year before but one new years episode and I was back on cigars.

So by February my brother and I went to a cigar event and the local vape store had a table at the event and I bought a little pen device. It was weak but I felt it had potential. The next morning I was at the store at 9am, bought the subox. That was 7+ years ago and I may have had two cigars (at special events) since that morning.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
How'd you come to vape. For me I'd promised my wife to quit cigars and I did it cold turkey the year before but one new years episode and I was back on cigars.

So by February my brother and I went to a cigar event and the local vape store had a table at the event and I bought a little pen device. It was weak but I felt it had potential. The next morning I was at the store at 9am, bought the subox. That was 7+ years ago and I may have had two cigars (at special events) since that morning.

I had smoked cigarettes for 39 years, then I quit cold turkey back in 2008. Stayed quit for three years and put on a lot of weight. One day that pissed me off (realized I was eating when what I really wanted was a smoke) and I stopped and got a pack of cigarettes. Smoked for about a month and stayed mad at myself the entire time. So one afternoon when I stopped to get a pack of cigs I saw a Blu e-cig in the store and decided to try it. I bought just the e-cig, no cigarettes, and as far as I can remember, I never bought cigs for myself again after that.

So how'd I come to vape? Completely by accident, really. Learning and research came a little later. :) Madvapes in Charlotte kept me going pretty well after I got tired of convenience store e-cigs.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My first mod after cigalikes and vape pens was a Volcano regulated tube mod with a carto-tank atomizer. I was in Honolulu for work and had some free time and decided to check out their store. My next was a clone Nemesis mech tube I got from Fasttech. I probably have both here somewhere.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
DNA 20, then an AL85.
Then I got dumb, and smart.
Moved away from smok and premade sub ohm coils.
Then sold the DNA :mad: I think the 20w was Evolv's first...?

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
I had smoked cigarettes for 39 years, then I quit cold turkey back in 2008. Stayed quit for three years and put on a lot of weight. One day that pissed me off (realized I was eating when what I really wanted was a smoke) and I stopped and got a pack of cigarettes. Smoked for about a month and stayed mad at myself the entire time. So one afternoon when I stopped to get a pack of cigs I saw a Blu e-cig in the store and decided to try it. I bought just the e-cig, no cigarettes, and as far as I can remember, I never bought cigs for myself again after that.

So how'd I come to vape? Completely by accident, really. Learning and research came a little later. :) Madvapes in Charlotte kept me going pretty well after I got tired of convenience store e-cigs.
That's cool man. It still amazes me that I have no desire to have a cigar, as a matter of fact the smell actually displeases me.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
DNA 20, then an AL85.
Then I got dumb, and smart.
Moved away from smok and premade sub ohm coils.
Then sold the DNA :mad: I think the 20w was Evolv's first...?
LOL, I moved away from Smok as well after my Alien quit within 6 months. I built for a while but it felt like a task, unlike juice making which for me was fun. Besides once I switched from Smok tanks the coils last twice as long.

The PnP & TPP magnetic tank setup works for me and the flavor is top notch, They're a bit leaky so I'm now on the Freemax Marvos and I love it, bigger tank, 810 Drip tip, Less leaks, Bigger coils, More air flow, equal flavor.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first vape device was an Aspire PockeX (small AIO tube) I liked it... got me down from a pack a day to 5 cigs a day (I was proud of that) My first "real" mod was a Innokin E-Z watt (small box mod with an internal battery and only certain wattage settings... no screen just leds) The tank (18 mm) was OK but too restricted airflow... my first modification... drilled the airflow holes bigger) I soon gave up on that tank, but continued to use the small mod (to this day... sort of) Used an Aspire Nautilus X (not like the Nautilus... different coils more like the PockeX) Even after I moved on to bigger and better things, that was my carry around vape for years (even considering getting some coils for that tank but they cost $20 for 5) I've only vaped for 3-4 years so can't tell you cool stories of the old days, but one thing (I'm not proud of) I still break down and smoke here and there( yes, I hate myself... have several mods/ tanks even do DIY juice) but my love and passion is always vaping!
That first device (PockeX) was $25 bucks (even at a smoke shop... not even a real vape shop) Seemed like a lot to me but the guy threw in a 10 ml bottle of 18mg juice for free. Didn't take long for me to do the math and realized how cheap that was compared to smoking a freaking pack a day!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pico 75W and a Smok Alien kit. Unlike the other poster, my Alien lasted over 3 years. I dropped it hard on asphalt twice in a row and it eventually died. I replaced it soon after but never used that one as much. Never had trouble with any Smok mods. I usually bought them on sale or from clearance sections. I used a few more heavily for years (T-Priv, X-Priv, E-Priv). Not the best mods ever but cheap and reliable/solid.

My first suggested mod on this forum was a Smoant Battlestar. Quite a few people spoke highly of it so I got one. It was a really good beater mod. I later got a Charon which has the same (or very similar) screen/board or whatever.

My Pico 75W got dropped in a busy street in the middle of winter. Not sure how many times it was ran over but it was really roughed up. I luckily got it back. It's all scuffed up but still works today.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
  1. Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 using three batteries and 90 watts
  2. Wismec Reuleaux RX300 at 138 watts (and higher) just a couple of weeks after that.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
My first vape device was an Aspire PockeX (small AIO tube) I liked it... got me down from a pack a day to 5 cigs a day (I was proud of that) My first "real" mod was a Innokin E-Z watt (small box mod with an internal battery and only certain wattage settings... no screen just leds) The tank (18 mm) was OK but too restricted airflow... my first modification... drilled the airflow holes bigger) I soon gave up on that tank, but continued to use the small mod (to this day... sort of) Used an Aspire Nautilus X (not like the Nautilus... different coils more like the PockeX) Even after I moved on to bigger and better things, that was my carry around vape for years (even considering getting some coils for that tank but they cost $20 for 5) I've only vaped for 3-4 years so can't tell you cool stories of the old days, but one thing (I'm not proud of) I still break down and smoke here and there( yes, I hate myself... have several mods/ tanks even do DIY juice) but my love and passion is always vaping!
That first device (PockeX) was $25 bucks (even at a smoke shop... not even a real vape shop) Seemed like a lot to me but the guy threw in a 10 ml bottle of 18mg juice for free. Didn't take long for me to do the math and realized how cheap that was compared to smoking a freaking pack a day!
LOL, yea as expensive as juice seems ($27.00/100ml here), it still amazes me how much we save. I was paying $10 each for cigars!

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
  1. Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 using three batteries and 90 watts
  2. Wismec Reuleaux RX300 at 138 watts (and higher) just a couple of weeks after that.
I may have to take you guy's lead, I don't have any of my old mods (at least not working), I use em till they stop working or they're lost or stolen.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I may have to take you guy's lead, I don't have any of my old mods (at least not working), I use em till they stop working or they're lost or stolen.
I still have them and they still work, in fact I also still have an identical backup of my RX300 (carbon black) in mint condition. I simply stopped using them a long time ago and have pretty much only been using mechs since then. My only exception to this was the Surric X-Vault Timeless Edition (true PWM mod with a potentiometer, I own two of these mods) and that I gradually have abandoned a long time ago also. In favor of a fairly large collection of various different kinds of mech setups, that is. Most of them are expensive high end and exclusive, though not all of them are. It's not actually shinyitis, it's more like the dragon's disease of vaping the mech.

dragon dark nickel.jpgdragon.jpg

73neb

Member For 4 Years
First mod, after blu and a carto pen, was a cheap mech tube with an igo-w. Second mod was a REO grand with a vicious ant cyclone. Still have them and use them occasionally. Been squonking ever since.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if I still have either of my first vapes kicking around, doubt they work at this point. Cigalikes and ego pens. My first two box mods were the istick tc100w and smok alien, still have both and both work. Well the replacement for the first istick still works. First one died, I rarely use the replacement I got since I know it'll fail. Shitty design flaw unfortunately, the fire button is doomed by design.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure if I still have either of my first vapes kicking around, doubt they work at this point. Cigalikes and ego pens. My first two box mods were the istick tc100w and smok alien, still have both and both work. Well the replacement for the first istick still works. First one died, I rarely use the replacement I got since I know it'll fail. Shitty design flaw unfortunately, the fire button is doomed by design.

Are you talking about the iStick that has a firing bar on one side? Dual 18650? I have one that I've been using for years. Fingers crossed I don't jinx myself now, but I've never had any trouble with it. Maybe the TC100W is different from the one I have. Mine might be just a TC100.

VU Sponsors