Become a Patron!

Does anyone still sell indestructible tanks?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My husband has been considering purchasing a dead rabbit RTA. One thing holding him back from making such a purchase is the glass tank. He works at a plant where they make the tool boxes you see in the beds of pickup trucks. Glass tanks would not stand a chance.

Sick vapors no longer has a website, so I cannot see if they have any. Ordinary acrylic would break easily as well.

This is a chance to help out a hard working blue collar vaper here.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Squid Industries Peacemaker? $38 on Squid's website, tank without the bubble glass has a metal shield over it.

Wotofo Conqueror the exterior is mostly metal, some of the Taifun, Kayfun and Squape models. I'll keep thinking for a bit.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, Kayfuns come with metal options - took me forever to get used to using it, but I never have to worry

Several others come to mind, but they are a little more expensive, but, you only have to buy it once

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Squid Industries Peacemaker? $38 on Squid's website, tank without the bubble glass has a metal shield over it.

Wotofo Conqueror the exterior is mostly metal, some of the Taifun and Kayfun models. I'll keep thinking for a bit.
I checked out that peacemaker. One thing about the dead rabbit that interested him enough to consider it, was the airflow holes on top. The peacemaker has the holes on the bottom for the juice the leak from.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Don't know of any all metal top airflow RTAs.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Would he use a squonker? Aegis squonk might work for him.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I checked out that peacemaker. One thing about the dead rabbit that interested him enough to consider it, was the airflow holes on top. The peacemaker has the holes on the bottom for the juice the leak from.

Have him look at a Kayfun - when built right there is no leaking and comes with metal tank in addition to glass plus a replacement glass - cost a bit more, but the quality is there and will last for many many years

They make MTL or DL versions also

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have him look at a Kayfun - when built right there is no leaking and comes with metal tank in addition to glass plus a replacement glass - cost a bit more, but the quality is there and will last for many many years

They make MTL or DL versions also
Do you have an links to any with top airflow? All we could find have airflow on the bottom, and we never had any luck with bottom airflow tanks, due to leakage.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Do you have an links to any with top airflow? All we could find have airflow on the bottom, and we never had any luck with bottom airflow tanks, due to leakage.

The vast vast vast majority of RTAs are not top airflow - it just takes some practice to hone in how to wick; some will always seep some, but really good ones won't lose a drop - even upside down in a pocket on a hot day

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had all sorts of manual labor jobs. Tanks (even the ones with a metal cage around the glass) never could hold up for me either. I switched to RDAs and haven't had any issues since. The caps are typically full metal, and there isn't a full tank of juice to leak out so leaks are much smaller when they do happen. Leaks from RDAs are typically from over dripping or over squonking, which is easy to avoid.

The kayfun is the only tank I know of that has a full metal tank and can be easily found.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Have you looked into any pod systems, I did for on the go vaping when I didn't want to drag around a mod with a breakable or possible leaky tank- there are some good ones out there now- no glass to break, easy to slip in a pocket, can adjust the wattage, removable 18650 battery.
My favorite is the Smok Fetch Pro 80w- I bought the RGC RBA which is DL to RDL- but they do sell a more MTL RBA- this thing vapes great in my opinion- no leaks, tiny, lightweight, love mine. I think the whole set up was under $40.00 when some RTAs cost that or more.
I also have the Dot AIO SE- more expensive- not really adjustable wattage a little heavier.
I am using the Dot RBA and it is a MTL vape.

My hubby uses the Smoant Pasito- non adjustable, built in battery for work- there is an RBA for it.
His favorite-
Plus we both have the Orion- neither come with an RBA- Mine is the DNA GO and kind of adjustable wattage.
His is the Q non adjustable

20200428_153131.jpg

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I Have a chronic gravity problem. I’ve never had a glass tank last longer than a few weeks; with the exception of, the serpent elevate, the peacemaker, Kayfun series and the taifun gt4.
The serpent elevate is a 24, has top airflow, a plastic bubble tank and is single coil.
the peacemaker has the metal cage and the 24 is single coil, the 28 is dual.
kayfun series and Taifun are both bottom airflow with metal tank options and single coil.
I’ve not had leaking issues with any of the above once I got the wicking right. The Taifun has juice control so you can shut off the juice flow to the chamber.

I will say that despite finding tanks that won’t break easily, I still drip or squonk when I’m doing something that may make me drop a tank often. I’m a firm believer that the less parts you have the less likely you are to break something.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep and especially due to the 510 in a tank none are indestructible.
I have found a pico squeeze with wasp nano on top to be very durable and resistant to drop damage though.

One consideration is the heavier the rig is the more drop damage.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep and especially due to the 510 in a tank none are indestructible.
I have found a pico squeeze with wasp nano on top to be very durable and resistant to drop damage though.

One consideration is the heavier the rig is the more drop damage.
He keeps his mod in a holster he wears on his belt. He has been using clearomizers all along, but is disappointed at the limited juice capacity. That is why he has been looking at RTAs with top airflow vents. He already ordered the dead rabbit. If he cannot get a glass replacement that won't shatter during a normal work day, he just won't take that one to work.

I found one site that sells plastic glass replacements. Unfortunately, they are only for Smok tanks.

VU Sponsors