Become a Patron!

Doh Face

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
U know what I mean smart ass. Tastes like the smell

Smart ass? Guilty as charged but honestly, I didn't know. Back in my day, sonny, kids ate library paste (white glue). I don't know what that tastes like, either, and it was nearly a staple to first-graders.

In any event, thank you for the clarification. I had intended to get some of this stuff in order to try this recipe. I'm not a big Caps fan but I am a fan of CurlyxCracker. :)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Smart ass? Guilty as charged but honestly, I didn't know. Back in my day, sonny, kids ate library paste (white glue). I don't know what that tastes like, either, and it was nearly a staple to first-graders.

In any event, thank you for the clarification. I had intended to get some of this stuff in order to try this recipe. I'm not a big Caps fan but I am a fan of CurlyxCracker. :)
Kind words thank you! I'm a fan of that guy as well! I don't get that from it. Stand alone, it's waxy, definitely needed the other ingredients, got rid of that for me

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks CurlyxCracker. I'm going to mix this up now with a little FA raspberry.
Pretty good glazed doughnut! Tasty indeed. Retail level flavor.

Cap Glazed Doughnut - 8%
FA Joy - 2%
FA Marzipan - 1%

Enjoy
I was racking my brains since I ordered glazed doughnut and today was thinking FA joy, then I found this thread and wow, marzipan. It just sounds so natural. I can't wait to vape it.

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I was racking my brains since I ordered glazed doughnut and today was thinking FA joy, then I found this thread and wow, marzipan. It just sounds so natural. I can't wait to vape it.
Glad this got pushed through to my phone,have been super busy not on much last few weeks. Hope you enjoy it! I just mixed 100ml of this up before my 3 weeks of hell working 2 jobs 7 days a week. Maybe I can convince the wife to make me more now I have a scale?!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad this got pushed through to my phone,have been super busy not on much last few weeks. Hope you enjoy it! I just mixed 100ml of this up before my 3 weeks of hell working 2 jobs 7 days a week. Maybe I can convince the wife to make me more now I have a scale?!
Shaking it up now.:)
I just got this scale after a major VG spill on my old one. I love it. I think a lot of VU mixers are using it. It comes with calibration weights and a big bowl.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UGBG20?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's when I like it best tbh. Hmm, I like that may have to get another scale for no reason!
Great I'll give it a try once my tank is empty. I'm vaping on my creamy almond which has marzipan. It should make for a perfect transition.

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Couldn't have been done without you ;).
Glazed doughnut was good but needed "something" happened to be a little joy!
What exactly is the JOY flavor supposed to be like? Just curious as I'm building a collection of flavor concentrates and would like to know if I should add this to my next shopping trip. Also what is the advantage of using a scale? I'm assuming you just put the bottle on it and add drops to the desired weight?

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What exactly is the JOY flavor supposed to be like? Just curious as I'm building a collection of flavor concentrates and would like to know if I should add this to my next shopping trip. Also what is the advantage of using a scale? I'm assuming you just put the bottle on it and add drops to the desired weight?
Joy (in my opinion and in small doses) reminds me of fried bread, like deep fried donuts, funnel cake - those sorts of things. It's sweet, but not candy sweet. It's good in bakery type juices like cake, muffins, donut, etc. Some, however, get the taste of "stale beer" from it. If you're gonna order it, get the smallest amount possible to try as opinions are pretty divided. You either love it or you hate it, no in between.
Scales are awesome for mixing. Your measurements are more precise and there's a lot less cleanup than with using all those syringes and droppers. You can mix right into the bottle or if you're clumsy like I am, you can mix into a small cup, or whatever else you're comfortable with, and pour it into your bottle(s). They're available for very little expense on Amazon and eBay, less than $20, depending on what kind you get. It is advised to get one with at least a .01 graduation. ;)

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ill
Joy (in my opinion and in small doses) reminds me of fried bread, like deep fried donuts, funnel cake - those sorts of things. It's sweet, but not candy sweet. It's good in bakery type juices like cake, muffins, donut, etc. Some, however, get the taste of "stale beer" from it. If you're gonna order it, get the smallest amount possible to try as opinions are pretty divided. You either love it or you hate it, no in between.
Scales are awesome for mixing. Your measurements are more precise and there's a lot less cleanup than with using all those syringes and droppers. You can mix right into the bottle or if you're clumsy like I am, you can mix into a small cup, or whatever else you're comfortable with, and pour it into your bottle(s). They're available for very little expense on Amazon and eBay, less than $20, depending on what kind you get. It is advised to get one with at least a .01 graduation. ;)
I'll definitely have to try some joy. As a recovering alcoholic if it tastes like stale beer I can just consider it a freebie! So as far as the scales are concerned, do they show weight in ml? All the recipes I've seen, not to mention the options on the juice calculators I've checked out, only show ml, drops, and percentages.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ill

I'll definitely have to try some joy. As a recovering alcoholic if it tastes like stale beer I can just consider it a freebie! So as far as the scales are concerned, do they show weight in ml? All the recipes I've seen, not to mention the options on the juice calculators I've checked out, only show ml, drops, and percentages.
No, we weigh in grams. The ejuicemeup calculator will display grams, as well as a few others that some of our forum members use.

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, we weigh in grams. The ejuicemeup calculator will display grams, as well as a few others that some of our forum members use.
Cool thank you. I'll have to get that app and a scale. I know everyone's taste-buds are different but I am sure some of these recipes would turn out better with the extra precision you would get from a scale.

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I went to the local head shop and picked up a scale and holy hell does it make this 1000 times easier. Clean up is next to nothing and mixing is quicker. Just threw together some Mother's Unicorn Milk while I wait for my flavors from Bull City to get here. I screwed up with my first 2 flavor purchases and got almost all supporting flavors. Didn't feel like driving to Detroit this week so I placed an order with BC for a bunch of fruit flavors and such. I hate waiting!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I went to the local head shop and picked up a scale and holy hell does it make this 1000 times easier. Clean up is next to nothing and mixing is quicker. Just threw together some Mother's Unicorn Milk while I wait for my flavors from Bull City to get here. I screwed up with my first 2 flavor purchases and got almost all supporting flavors. Didn't feel like driving to Detroit this week so I placed an order with BC for a bunch of fruit flavors and such. I hate waiting!
If it wasn't for mixing by weight, I'd probably still be buying pre-made juice.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes! I knew you'd like it! Now the only problem you're going to have is vaping as quickly as you mix.....:oops:....lol!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it wasn't for mixing by weight, I'd probably still be buying pre-made juice.
I wouldn't go that far, but boy, would my pile of "vape dishes" be getting deep! Cleanup is my least favorite part still....

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a bad tendency to order more when I'm low, only to find that I'd already have more if I'd just clean the empty and near-empty ones. I just wanna do the fun part....:D

VU Sponsors