Become a Patron!

Don't you hate

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I blow vapor towards my monitor, it bounces off and gets sucked directly into my PC by the fans. This didn't concern me until VG started seeping from the bottom of my case. Opened it up and found a nice pool of sweet slippery liquid right behind the lower fan. The fans themselves were covered with sticky gunky residue, just what you'd expect when dust mixes with VG. Ended up having to deep clean the entire works and replaced all 4 fans. Luckily none of the vitals inside had any residue, surprising since those fans blow directly onto the hard drives. An area on the back of my monitor ( the area that gets warm, if that provides a clue) also had a slippery build up of VG. The fans, bottom of case, and aforementioned back of monitor appeared to be the only areas affected, and haven't had any performance issues with the comp for the 3 years it's lived in my vapory environment, but now I have a mini desk fan blowing towards me at all times when I'm vaping at the computer, and I'm very careful to exhale away from the case and monitor. ;)

HBVapeShop

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
If I blow vapor towards my monitor, it bounces off and gets sucked directly into my PC by the fans.

yeah i totally hear you, I only game on PS4. my laptop is used for music production but I need to have it cleaned out. The macbook fans have a tiny intake so I'm sure there won't be too much

Necrospecter

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I rigged a small desk fan to a dryer vent hose so that it sucks the clouds in and blows them out the window. I got the idea from an old sautering station I had. It cost me about 15.00 USD to make.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I play Dragon Age Inquisition like its a new game, made new characters so many times and beat the game with different characters and abilities... anyway:

I’ve gotten killed so many times from blowing too thick of a cloud

Necrospecter

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I play Dragon Age Inquisition like its a new game, made new characters so many times and beat the game with different characters and abilities... anyway:

I’ve gotten killed so many times from blowing too thick of a cloud
The struggle is real with that one that's why I have a fan set up now that sucks the cloud away quickly nice little 10 dollar desk fan from Walmart and some dryer duct ensures the clouds don't add to my death total

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The struggle is real with that one that's why I have a fan set up now that sucks the cloud away quickly nice little 10 dollar desk fan from Walmart and some dryer duct ensures the clouds don't add to my death total

I started side blowing my clouds out... sounds weird lol, but it aims it away from the screen, of course some still goes by.

The worst is when I’m driving, but that’s a whole different thread.

Necrospecter

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I started side blowing my clouds out... sounds weird lol, but it aims it away from the screen, of course some still goes by.

The worst is when I’m driving, but that’s a whole different thread.
Yeah the side blow is handy and keeps you from building stuff and vaping while driving well at times that can just make you wish you had a convertible

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah the side blow is handy and keeps you from building stuff and vaping while driving well at times that can just make you wish you had a convertible

LOL definitely wish I had a convertible for that reason! I have a coup so it fills up the car with cloud quickly!

Necrospecter

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
LOL definitely wish I had a convertible for that reason! I have a coup so it fills up the car with cloud quickly!

my favorite was back when I first started vaping I was sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone and vaping away (windows rolled up, was summer in Texas and AC is a must) then I noticed blue flashy lights behind me, soon followed by a knock on my window. The officer was driving by saw all the clouds and thought I was doing something else and was quite surprised to be hit by a cloud smelling of blueberry donuts instead of one that smelled of other stuff. Yes, I see the joke cop and donut but the really funny part of that encounter is the cop now vapes.

VU Sponsors