Become a Patron!

Dovpo Odin 100W TC 21700 BOX MOD (Odin 100)

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Odin 100W TC 21700 BOX MOD from Dovpo. The Odin 100W TC 21700 BOX MOD was supplied for the purpose of this review by Hedy from Dovpo.

https://www.dovpoecig.com/product/odin-100/

Introduction

The Odin 100 is the fourth addition to the Odin series which are all design collaborations between Dovpo, The Vaping Bogan and Vaperz Cloud. The Odin series now comprises of both a dual and single 21700 DNA C device and alternative versions both housing a more affordable proprietary chipset. The Odin 100 is a very well designed single 21700 device which although doesn't utilise the DNA 75C chipset we see with the Odin Mini has the same form factor, colour display, Power, Bypass and TC modes as well as an higher 100W max output and type C USB connector. If Dovpo had not brought out a DNA chipset alternative previously the Odin 100 would still draw attention on it's own merits so lets give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Odin 100 Box Mod
1 x 18650 Battery Adaptor
6 x Battery Wraps
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Battery Usage Warning Card
1 x Social Media Card
1 x QC Certificate

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Odin 100 comes in cardboard box packaging with outer cardboard sleeve. I received the Black version which if you suffer with O.C.D but like black then go for the Matte Black as mine as a semi-gloss finish which attracts fingerprints. The colour options are Red, Silver, Black, Matte Black and Gunmetal, although having a nice finish the 100 doesn't have the same Brushed look as the Mini, it's DNA 75C counterpart.

I love the form factor of the Odin single 21700 devices which are broader at the rear so has smooth slanted sides which incorporate six large slits both sides so some might want to use battery wraps to match the device's colour. We also have "ODIN" carved into the metal towards the bottom one side and although usually i'm not big on visible branding the font used in my opinion adds to the aesthetic appeal.

The Odin 100 has the same round fire button with logo and 3 operational buttons that we see on the Odin Mini but at the bottom of the face we have a Type C USB rather than the micro USB we see on the Mini.

The device with it's Aluminium + Zinc Alloy construction means it's solid while not being over heavy even with a 21700 installed and feels great in the hand. Up top we have a centrally positioned spring loaded 510 housed within the same weird shaped 510 plate we see on the other Odins. I will skip the describing of the rest of the form factor quirks which help give not just the Odin 100 but all the Odin series their unique look and leave that to the included photos!

İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

Odin 100 Specs and Features:

Size: 36.3x32x90.5mm
Material: Aluminium Alloy / Zinc Alloy
Output: 1-100W
User modes: VW, TCR, Bypass
Battery: 1×18650 / 20700 / 21700
Display: 0.96in TFT colour screen
Resistance limits: 0.06-3.5ohm
Type C USB at 1A charge rate
Dovpo patent chipset for stable performance
Multiple protections
Thread: Central 510
Colour: Red, Silver, Black, Matte Black, Gunmetal

Odin 100 Vs Odin Mini

The obvious difference between the two devices is the Odin Mini utilises the DNA 75C chipset while to accommodate those on a tighter budget the Odin 100 is powered by Dovpo's proprietary chipset.

The other difference is the main body material and finish, i'm not sure exactly the breakdown of the main material but the Odin Mini does have a much nicer feel and i love the brushed finish but after saying that the Odin 100 is still a solid well made device!

I must admit i prefer the Odin Mini and have bought two of them but then i like using Replay and messing with Escribe designing my own themes etc but if you have no interest in what Escribe offers and don't use the Replay feature then at only half the price the Odin 100 is a cracking single 21700 device with the added advantage of a higher top wattage and Type C USB!

Black Odin 100 between Red and Silver Odin Mini's!

Weight of Odin 100 with 21700 installed 215g
Weight of Odin Mini with 21700 installed 188g

Fitting The Battery

The Odin 100 accommodates a 21700, 20700 or 18650 with supplied adaptor which gets fitted via the bottom hatch door. The hatch door is an interlocking design so you need to push outward before lifting up and once the battery is installed push down and then press inwards to lock securely in place. Orientation is marked in White on the underside of the hatch door and when trying either a 21700 or 18650 (with adaptor) there was no battery rattle whatsoever, likewise there was no movement of the battery door.

İmage İmage

The Display

The display is sharp, colourful and bright, the brightness can also be adjusted within the menu system. Top left we have the mode and top right the battery status indication bar. Next we have either the wattage, voltage or temperature depending which mode you are using and below this to the left we have volts (wattage when in bypass or TC modes) and to the right the resistance. Finally at the bottom of the display positioned centrally we have a colourful circular design which houses the amps information.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Navigating The Odin 100

The Odin 100 is 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, once on the only combination press feature i can find is the select button and down together locks the navigational buttons but the device will still fire. The wattage adjust in 0.5w increments at a nice fast speed from 5w to 100w and round robins!

To enter the menu is long pressing the middle select button which brings up a list of options which you can use the navigational buttons to scroll through, fire or the select button selects your option. The options are Power, Bypass, Temp Ni, Temp Ti, Temp SS, TCR, Stats, Bright and Exit. Obviously the first few options are your modes and the Stats brings up a screen showing both your puffs and overall vape time which can be reset or the screen exited without resetting, finally Bright is the option you need to choose to adjust the screen brightness. That's it, has everything you need but a very simple device to navigate!

Protections:

Short Circuit Protection
Overheat Protection
High-Temp Protection
Low Voltage Protection
No-Load Protection
Overtime Protection

Charging

A big pro for the Odin 100 having Type C USB for charging and firmware updates but feel full advantage hasn't been taken as it only has a 1A maximum charge rate. I personally never recommend charging in the device but if you do charging is going to be a slow process!

My Thoughts!

I have covered in the review the differences between the Odin Mini and 100 but if there hadn't of been a DNA 75C version of this device prior to the Odin 100's release then this would be getting hyped as one of the best single 21700 device's in the market on it's own merits. My version is a fingerprint magnet and although both having Type C USB is a big pro and the fact i don't recommend charging in the device the 1A charge rate is disappointing but other than that i have no complaints.

Those with equipment that give data may say different (wouldn't know as i haven't seen or read any other reviews of the device) but then computers don't vape but i have been getting the same performance from the 100 as the Mini in power mode, it's a really good chip Dovpo have produced. It fires without delay, hits set wattage instantly and never misses a beat, the device can also house up to 28mm atties with no overhang and navigating the device is a breeze!

As mentioned in the review as a Replay user i do prefer the Mini but if you are a power only user who are not interested in using Escribe then at half the price the Odin 100 is a steal!!!

Well made solid device
Aesthetically stylish (subjective)
5 Colour option
Ergonomic design
Accommodates 21700, 20700 or 18650 battery
High performance proprietary chipset
Excellent battery door
No button or battery rattle
Nice weight
Power, Bypass, TC and TCR modes (TC not tested)
Very easy device to navigate
Centrally positioned 510
Accommodates up to 28m tanks without overhang
100w top wattage
Adjusts in 0.5w increments
Type C USB
Firmware Upgradeable

Cons

Fingerprint magnet (at least my colour is)
Only 1A charge rate
Not quite as high quality materials or finish as Odin Mini (comparison con)
Proprietary Chipset rather than DNAC (comparison con)

I would once again like to thank Hedy from Dovpo for supplying the Odin 100 for the purpose of this review, thanks for reading and stay safe!

https://www.dovpoecig.com/product/odin-100/

VU Sponsors