Become a Patron!

Dovpo Topside Dual

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
Hey peeps!
Can anyone tell me when the very first Topside dual came out? I think i got scammed. i paid $120CAD in November and less than a month from when i bought it i woke up one day to find that juice had somehow gotten on the screen and on the board. Dovpo have been great. The lady i was emailing asked for some pics so i sent what she wanted and she said i had the first edition and that she would send me a third edition. So that's a win. But the store where i bought it didn't tell me what edition it was and i don't know but to me $120CAD seems like a lot of money to pay for a mod that could potentially be years old. Thanks!

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think it a scam.
Probably just selling inventory they had.
Glad Dovpo took care of you.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey peeps!
Can anyone tell me when the very first Topside dual came out? I think i got scammed. i paid $120CAD in November and less than a month from when i bought it i woke up one day to find that juice had somehow gotten on the screen and on the board. Dovpo have been great. The lady i was emailing asked for some pics so i sent what she wanted and she said i had the first edition and that she would send me a third edition. So that's a win. But the store where i bought it didn't tell me what edition it was and i don't know but to me $120CAD seems like a lot of money to pay for a mod that could potentially be years old. Thanks!
It does sound high to me as well. Then again buying from a brick and mortar store will always cost you a premium.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dash Vapes has reviews going back to March & April of 2019. Dash is an online Canadian vendor with brick & mortar shops too. The price they list is $119 but guess you can round to $120. Not sure that's who you got from, funny if it is, and I guessed it by a search engine glimpse.

So I would figure Canada got the first round of retail for them shipped to stores at least in January or February of 2019. Retail places usually do not carry any more than 90 days stock. It's a matter of space considerations, logistics, insurance, finance.

Agree with @PuffOn , likely the B&M sold inventory on hand. That's no fault of theirs. That's all a retail place can do. They couldn't sell you a version the manufacture had not shipped out yet.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Then again buying from a brick and mortar store will always cost you a premium.

Amen to that. S'why most of my vape buying is done online. Sure, I know a lot of it may seem what some lowly opine as cheap Chinese crap. As far as my experience, not really gotten a gluttony of "crap" from China. Had one RDA that come DOA, another was too tiny. Beyond that, gear I've got is fairly good. My wife disallows buying any foreign juice.

Last edited:

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
I bo
Dash Vapes has reviews going back to March & April of 2019. Dash is an online Canadian vendor with brick & mortar shops too. The price they list is $119 but guess you can round to $120. Not sure that's who you got from, funny if it is, and I guessed it by a search engine glimpse.

So I would figure Canada got the first round of retail for them shipped to stores at least in January or February of 2019. Retail places usually do not carry any more than 90 days stock. It's a matter of space considerations, logistics, insurance, finance.

Agree with @PuffOn , likely the B&M sold inventory on hand. That's no fault of theirs. That's all a retail place can do. They couldn't sell you a version the manufacture had not shipped out yet

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Carrier: 4PX
Tracking#: 420252719274890249338872886188
Service Type: n/a

Jan 14 2021, 04:23 am, Hebron,KY, United States, TENDERED FOR DELIVERY
===============================
Check the latest delivery status here: https://track.aftership.com/trackings?courier=4px&tracking-numbers=420252719274890249338872886188

I'm in WV. It could have directly come into WV from Melrose Park,IL. No, it goes to KY first, then back up to Charleston, on to Ripley. Ripley has a post office we have a box in. The order is for 2 two Geekvape Athena mods & RDA kits.

I like mechanicals, squonkers. So they suit. :)

I do own a Topside Lite squonker. :) I use it in wattage mode only. I do not like temperature control mode and it don't like me. You can tell I'm crushed. Not. Got the Topsdide Lite just because it looks neat. Would rather it be a mechanical but what the hey. :)

That explains my interest in your Topside mod. I like at least reading, taking notes if I don't participate. I hop into some threads and post nothing, just read. You can learn about all kinds of various kits that way.

I'm a middle of the road kind of vaper. I vape to use nicotine more safely. I do not chase clouds or flavor. If I were a Jedi, I would be a grey/gray/gr-eh Jedi. :) Jedi, be I, maybe? ;)

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Amen to that. S'why most of my vape buying is done online. Sure, I know a lot of it may seem what some lowly opine as cheap Chinese crap. As far as my experience, not really gotten a gluttony of "crap" from China. Had one RDA that come DOA, another was too tiny. Beyond that, gear I've got is fairly good. My wife disallows buying any foreign juice.
I like going to the B&Ms occasionally to buy juice. That’s where they most the most money anyway, plus it’s a treat for me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bought it in November. A month and a half. Two months ago

Saw that. It might be a second generation device then but not a third generation one. Still the vendor/retailer couldn't sell you what the manufacturer had not shipped to them.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like going to the B&Ms occasionally to buy juice. That’s where they most the most money anyway, plus it’s a treat for me.

Eh. I do that on rare occasions. Most often I buy pre-mixed unflavored nicotine "base" from Heartland Vapes. Then, get flavorings from the ever popular Bull City. :)

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year

Agree with @PuffOn , likely the B&M sold inventory on hand. That's no fault of theirs. That's all a retail place can do. They couldn't sell you a version the manufacture had not shipped out yet.
I live in P.E.I., Canada and East Coast Vapes has it for $60.

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
Saw that. It might be a second generation device then but not a third generation one. Still the vendor/retailer couldn't sell you what the manufacturer had not shipped to them.
The rep from Dovpo asked for some pics from certain areas and these were how she figured out what generation it was. No you're right there. You can't sell it if you don't have it. Anyway this kid is a known crackhead and pillhead. His parents have money to keep his store afloat, He's closed on the weekends. And his hours are from 11-5 Monday to Friday. I didn't want to share that but i feel like i was ripped off. Take a look at his Facebook if you can. It's full of people complaining about him never opening on time or not opening at all. Shops called Eastern Vapes. He does delete any negative comments so they could be gone. But in the end, my fault for not doing my home work. I should have know when i seen the box had a barcode instead of a QR code.

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
Do you think i would have bought it if i did? It was an impulse buy. Oh it's on for 60 but i'd rather pay double. Come on dude.
I'd keep an eye on those Neanderthals if I were you, anything can happen with them.
I would but i can't see that far. But there's a few on this forum. Not saying you but anyone that would ask if you paid double knowing that you could get it for half of what you paid might be one. Just sayin.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not saying you but anyone that would ask if you paid double knowing that you could get it for half of what you paid might be one. Just sayin.

No, not one here. I had to ask to check if maybe you were. Sorry for that. We get all kinds on the forum though.

I understand now you might have gotten a bad deal. Lots of the boxes mods come in for me though have bar codes. Some got bar codes and QR codes.

Some one or the other. That's not really an indication of anything other than inventory control usually. Wait until you get products with RFID chips if you've not already. It's the same thing, control inventory.

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
No, not one here. I had to ask to check if maybe you were. Sorry for that. We get all kinds on the forum though.

I understand now you might have gotten a bad deal. Lots of the boxes mods come in for me though have bar codes. Some got bar codes and QR codes.

Some one or the other. That's not really an indication of anything other than inventory control usually. Wait until you get products with RFID chips if you've not already. It's the same thing, control inventory.
So you own a store? I'm just assuming you do because you said "Lots of the boxes mods come in for me though have bar codes". I haven't been vaping very long, but i have 9 or 10 mods and not one except the Topside has a barcode instead of the QR scan.
Like i said, the kid that runs the store only stays open because his granny and mommy throw money at him, he rarely shows up when he say' he is. He states his hours are 11-5 Monday to Friday and closed on the weekends. He's know for selling to minors, and his pupils are always pinned when you go in there and the store reeks of weed. I don't fault the kid for maybe having a problem with drugs, we all have our issues, but if he's is going to run a shop and either never show up or show up hours late AND sell fake hardware then that is shady af.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you own a store? I'm just assuming you do because you said "Lots of the boxes mods come in for me though have bar codes". I haven't been vaping very long, but i have 9 or 10 mods and not one except the Topside has a barcode instead of the QR scan.

No I don't own/operate a store. If I did, according to the rules of this forum I would need to register as a vendor. I'm not a vendor so have not registered as such.

Again, I put this issue of bar codes & qr codes to being inventory control. The only reason I think I understand that is being an educated customer, having worked some in retail, manufacturing.

I used to work at a factory "plant" that processed poultry for sale. I've worked in various restaurants, a factory building automotive wire harnesses, as a CNA in a home for elders, done some brief time in the U.S. Navy, worked farms. I've done housework, custodian work. In general I'm just a worker, a doer.

I also worked in a department store setting up displays according to plan-o-grams. I had a course of welding in high school. Have helped build structures, wired them & plumbed them. I'm a country boy, ... we kind of do a bit of everything.

Do have a box for a Vandy Vape BF Pulse which has both a QR code and bar code. You can see a small QR code on the bottom, on top the bar code. It has a larger QR code on the back of the box too.

vandy-vape-box-mod-vandy-vape-x-tony-b-pulse-bf-80w-box-mod-6615389208635_620x.jpg

IIRC, the Topside Lite box had both QR code & bar code on its packing box. At the time I'm unable to locate an image which displays the back of its box. And I don't take pics of gear boxes bought new.

I also don't go around measuring my penis for frame of reference. That's not the kind of man I am. I just live life and hope I do the best I can with who and what I am. Really not many, if any complaints and I like pleasing a bit of everyone, being pleased by them too. *chuckles*

I know only showing a picture of one package for one mod does not robustly prove my point. Fair enough but it still does demonstrate such does exist. Apologies I'm not able to manipulate a search engine well enough to locate further images.

No I'm not photo-shopping anything. Sorry but that's too much "work" even for me to be concerned enough to do.I've grown old and more at lax, seek the least resistance ergo less work. I'm forty eight, still young in many eyes. Ah, but the miles I've put on aged me.

Qr codes are just a novel way for retail to put in bar code info. Yes, they can also lead to web sites, which can then show videos, whatever. Again, it's a bit of novelty for retailers & customers. Ultimately, it still achieves the same ends, inventory control to some degree.

These are a novelty much the same as America Online wanting to charge $5 a month more to insert videos into email. I never paid AOL that fee but could insert videos in my email if I desired. Sorry but like I said, I try to stay an educated customer.

Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If the mo is working and you like it don't give it a second thought. I have paid near suggested list price in Brick and Mortars. I checked conversion rates and you paid $5.00 us under list. No matter what you buy you can always get it cheaper some where else. It is a great mod , enjoy it....Vape on :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
No I don't own/operate a store. If I did, according to the rules of this forum I would need to register as a vendor. I'm not a vendor so have not registered as such.

Again, I put this issue of bar codes & qr codes to being inventory control. The only reason I think I understand that is being an educated customer, having worked some in retail, manufacturing.

I used to work at a factory "plant" that processed poultry for sale. I've worked in various restaurants, a factory building automotive wire harnesses, as a CNA in a home for elders, done some brief time in the U.S. Navy, worked farms. I've done housework, custodian work. In general I'm just a worker, a doer.

I also worked in a department store setting up displays according to plan-o-grams. I had a course of welding in high school. Have helped build structures, wired them & plumbed them. I'm a country boy, ... we kind of do a bit of everything.

Do have a box for a Vandy Vape BF Pulse which has both a QR code and bar code. You can see a small QR code on the bottom, on top the bar code. It has a larger QR code on the back of the box too.

vandy-vape-box-mod-vandy-vape-x-tony-b-pulse-bf-80w-box-mod-6615389208635_620x.jpg

IIRC, the Topside Lite box had both QR code & bar code on its packing box. At the time I'm unable to locate an image which displays the back of its box. And I don't take pics of gear boxes bought new.

I also don't go around measuring my penis for frame of reference. That's not the kind of man I am. I just live life and hope I do the best I can with who and what I am. Really not many, if any complaints and I like pleasing a bit of everyone, being pleased by them too. *chuckles*

I know only showing a picture of one package for one mod does not robustly prove my point. Fair enough but it still does demonstrate such does exist. Apologies I'm not able to manipulate a search engine well enough to locate further images.

No I'm not photo-shopping anything. Sorry but that's too much "work" even for me to be concerned enough to do.I've grown old and more at lax, seek the least resistance ergo less work. I'm forty eight, still young in many eyes. Ah, but the miles I've put on aged me.

Qr codes are just a novel way for retail to put in bar code info. Yes, they can also lead to web sites, which can then show videos, whatever. Again, it's a bit of novelty for retailers & customers. Ultimately, it still achieves the same ends, inventory control to some degree.

These are a novelty much the same as America Online wanting to charge $5 a month more to insert videos into email. I never paid AOL that fee but could insert videos in my email if I desired. Sorry but like I said, I try to stay an educated customer.
Oh ya. So you’re a been there done that kinda guy. You seem to be ignoring the things I’ve said about him being a crack/pill head but that’s your choice. You have a great day. Don’t ride off into the sunset just yet though. You being a 48 year old country boy and all the things you’ve done. Ya kinda know a little about everything. Would that be a correct assumption? I’m 45 and a second generation bricklayer/stonemason. You don’t have to apologize to me for anything. Oh and reviews for the Vandy Vape Pulse BF were coming out in October, November 2017. Nice debating with you old timer. Don’t measure too much stuff with that pecker of yours. Have a good day
If the mo is working and you like it don't give it a second thought. I have paid near suggested list price in Brick and Mortars. I checked conversion rates and you paid $5.00 us under list. No matter what you buy you can always get it cheaper some where else. It is a great mod , enjoy it....Vape on :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:
Has anyone read that I had it for less than a month and wok up one morning and there was juice behind the glass on the screen? Just let that $120 slide. Shit happens right?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh ya. So you’re a been there done that kinda guy. You seem to be ignoring the things I’ve said about him being a crack/pill head but that’s your choice. You have a great day. Don’t ride off into the sunset just yet though. You being a 48 year old country boy and all the things you’ve done. Ya kinda know a little about everything. Would that be a correct assumption? I’m 45 and a second generation bricklayer/stonemason. You don’t have to apologize to me for anything. Oh and reviews for the Vandy Vape Pulse BF were coming out in October, November 2017. Nice debating with you old timer. Don’t measure too much stuff with that pecker of yours. Have a good day

LOL Aye, good call there on me knowing a bit o' a lot. Can admit though I don't know it all and really never want to know it all. Used to be that being called a jack o' all trades, master o' none was a compliment.

Cannot say I'm formally any kind of stone mason or brick layer. Have helped on a few different jobs though, at least in small parts. Me, grandfather, uncle built my grandma a cinder brick root cellar. I've also laid out and helped pour a foundation slab a few times.

But no, not ever taken former schooling for it. My middle (in age) brother did though. He took brick laying / mason in high school. He was good enough one of the largest East coast companies had the president tell him he could comer in as VP. Shamefully they didn't want to hire his friend at the time, and he turned it down.

Think he now un/&loads feed bin tankers on the rail way. Yes, I ignored your reference to someone being a dope fiend. My choice because I've seen what that does to people first hand, ah yes, the brother. So I tend to not discuss that too horribly much. Don't mind if someone uses a bit of the wacky herb responsibly, on their own time. That's fine within reason, until becomes not so.

I also in general don't like to judge. It's just not my character. I don't know why someone does whatever. So, how can I understand it, or judge? Yes, I know there is wrong and right. I know there is clear lines, yes. I also know life isn't always clear lined.

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
LOL Aye, good call there on me knowing a bit o' a lot. Can admit though I don't know it all and really never want to know it all. Used to be that being called a jack o' all trades, master o' none was a compliment.

Cannot say I'm formally any kind of stone mason or brick layer. Have helped on a few different jobs though, at least in small parts. Me, grandfather, uncle built my grandma a cinder brick root cellar. I've also laid out and helped pour a foundation slab a few times.

But no, not ever taken former schooling for it. My middle (in age) brother did though. He took brick laying / mason in high school. He was good enough one of the largest East coast companies had the president tell him he could comer in as VP. Shamefully they didn't want to hire his friend at the time, and he turned it down.

Think he now un/&loads feed bin tankers on the rail way. Yes, I ignored your reference to someone being a dope fiend. My choice because I've seen what that does to people first hand, ah yes, the brother. So I tend to not discuss that too horribly much. Don't mind if someone uses a bit of the wacky herb responsibly, on their own time. That's fine within reason, until becomes not so.

I also in general don't like to judge. It's just not my character. I don't know why someone does whatever. So, how can I understand it, or judge? Yes, I know there is wrong and right. I know there is clear lines, yes. I also know life isn't always clear lined.
What company was that your brother worked for? I don't judge people either. They can do what they want. It's when the store smells like wacky tabacky and you can't see the other side of the store. Or his eyes are so pinned that you can't see his pupils while he is working is when it is a problem. Because you know they have a problem and people that get high at work will usually do anything for a buck. Including selling faulty or fake mods.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What company was that your brother worked for?

He could have worked for Niel***. Will not fully name them. They're a big company. There's enough there you can probably make a fair guess.

As I said he turned them down. He wanted his buddy to work with him. His buddy was no where near my brother's level. My brother though was young and dumb.

My brother can still set a plumb course, if he applies himself to it. Trouble being the sh** he was on messed his head up so much he cannot focus for it. He's lucky to do what he does and lucky he's not gotten hurt doing it.

Of course recently, he learned of a bad heart condition. Oh gee, can we point the sh** he was on again? Possibly. He's got blockage in the back part of his heart. It's not removable. Trying would kill him.

He was his daddy's little angel. I was his daddy's unwanted baggage.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Has anyone read that I had it for less than a month and wok up one morning and there was juice behind the glass on the screen? Just let that $120 slide. Shit happens right?
Read IT...Have you tried posting on DovpoOfficial on Faceb0ook.....usually gets their attention, and find another vape shop or supplier.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What company was that your brother worked for? I don't judge people either. They can do what they want. It's when the store smells like wacky tabacky and you can't see the other side of the store. Or his eyes are so pinned that you can't see his pupils while he is working is when it is a problem. Because you know they have a problem and people that get high at work will usually do anything for a buck. Including selling faulty or fake mods.
I can understand your suspicion. But it simply sounds like this store ordered one of the very first batches of Topsides, and never sold it until it got you.

The Topsides use plastic tubing to transport the liquid from the bottle to the 510pin. The tubing in the first batch of Topsides Duals didn't fit tightly enough at their connection points. When someone squonks, it places a lot of extra pressure on those connections to the point that they leaked.

Not ONE of y'all have mentioned to @Rowdy1212 that a very similar design flaw can cause the same issue by user error. Shame on y'all! (or shame on me for not reading closely enough lol)

Whoever the squonk bottle cap if off the Topside (like while filling), you MUST keep the Topside level. If you happen to tilt the Topside a certain way, you risk liquid pouring into the internals of the mod. It's a key design flaw which TVC/Dovpo ever figured out.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can understand your suspicion. But it simply sounds like this store ordered one of the very first batches of Topsides, and never sold it until it got you.

The Topsides use plastic tubing to transport the liquid from the bottle to the 510pin. The tubing in the first batch of Topsides Duals didn't fit tightly enough at their connection points. When someone squonks, it places a lot of extra pressure on those connections to the point that they leaked.

Not ONE of y'all have mentioned to @Rowdy1212 that a very similar design flaw can cause the same issue by user error. Shame on y'all! (or shame on me for not reading closely enough lol)

Whoever the squonk bottle cap if off the Topside (like while filling), you MUST keep the Topside level. If you happen to tilt the Topside a certain way, you risk liquid pouring into the internals of the mod. It's a key design flaw which TVC/Dovpo ever figured out.
minimag03 is correct .... I recall several complaints early on... Without having to reread the entire page is a reminder that when changing the bottle the mod should be held vertical while dropping the tank straight down...
@Rowdy1212 how did you make out with the leak?

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
minimag03 is correct .... I recall several complaints early on... Without having to reread the entire page is a reminder that when changing the bottle the mod should be held vertical while dropping the tank straight down...
@Rowdy1212 how did you make out with the leak?
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was told by a Dovpo rep i would be getting a replacement. I received a tracking number and it is going through PostNL. The lady at Dovpo told me to expect a delay because of the "Covid Effect" and since January 15th the message i get is "The item is on transport to the country of destination". I am getting sick of checking so i am to the point where if it show up. it shows up.. I will check every now and then. She told me maybe a month. Well we are 2 days away.....Oh and the dovpo reps are ignoring my emails. I know it's Chinese New Year but on the Dovpo website it says to direct all emails to [email protected]. So i am assuming there is some people there manning the computers. Just not bothering to reply to my emails.

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year

You are absolutely right about it being one of the very first topside duals. I was in contact with a rep and she confirmed it. She said she would send me the 3rd version. That was on December 30th. I received a tracking number and the message i keep getting when i check it is "This item is on transport to the destination country". It's quite possible that is what happened. I may not have kept it level and it leaked into the internals. Luckily i was within the 90 day limit. So i sit here and i wait...and i wait...and i wait..........

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
Read IT...Have you tried posting on DovpoOfficial on Faceb0ook.....usually gets their attention, and find another vape shop or supplier.
I did email dovpo and a rep said she would ship a replacement. I received a tracking number and i have been getting the message 'This item is on transport to the country of destination" since January 15.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did email dovpo and a rep said she would ship a replacement. I received a tracking number and i have been getting the message 'This item is on transport to the country of destination" since January 15.
if it is coming from China, it is right on schedule... :cool:

Rowdy1212

Member For 1 Year
if it is coming from China, it is right on schedule... :cool:
It's coming from the Netherlands.. maybe an 8 hour plane ride. Maybe a 3-4 day sail. I really don't know. But it must be on an inner tube if it's taking a month to cross the Atlantic. I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada. So i'm no shipping expert but, i believe it would be like this. The Netherlands to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and a 3-4 hour drive to Prince Edward Island.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's coming from the Netherlands.. maybe an 8 hour plane ride. Maybe a 3-4 day sail. I really don't know. But it must be on an inner tube if it's taking a month to cross the Atlantic. I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada. So i'm no shipping expert but, i believe it would be like this. The Netherlands to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and a 3-4 hour drive to Prince Edward Island.
I had one order though netherlands post and it took a tour of europe

VU Sponsors