Become a Patron!

Drip Tank that holds fluid

pertree

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm somewhat of a beginner, next month is my one year anniversary of "no analogs." Thus far I have settled in with a few Kanger Evods that I rotate every couple of weeks, on EGO batteries or a Vision Spinner. I purchase a used MVP from a friend and loved it, but the button came off and, even after carefully taping it back on a few times, can't get it to work consistently, so not using it any longer. The stealth look is more to my liking so the ego 650s are perfect to that end.

With my anniversary coming up soon I have decided to reward myself by purchasing a new setup. Staying in the stealthy mindset I'm leaning toward the mechanical mods, there are some really sharp ones out there. Using them in the 18350 battery mode they will definitely be short, which I like. I will also need a tank that will not only look good on the mod, but work great. The pro tanks, aspires, innokins all look okay and match up okay with most mods but I prefer something shorter. I have noticed that some drippers have fluid tanks that hold 2 or 3 mls and wondering if they can (sort of) be used as a clearomizer type device? Some of the droppers just look sick and match up well with some of the mods.

I'm not a coil builder, yet, so trying to keep it relatively simple until I can afford to get into that. Any and all suggestions are welcome and much appreciated.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest a Kayfun with the nano kit but you would have to get into rebuilding. There really is not anything you can get that short without stepping into the realm of rebuildables. So in your case, without having the capability of a VV/VW device, i'd say start out with some 1.5 single coil shorty customizers maybe. Have you every tried a customizer before? They are the next best thing to dripping IMO, and cheap to get a pack of them and put different juices in to switch up at your preference. I have a UDCT i use regularly still when i want to vape more casually when i am out and about. 510 cartomizers are actually a lot better than people give them credit for. A DCT is a cartomizer in a tank and they do sell shorty versions and look quite nice. Just make sure you get a single coil version because a dual coil requires more watts/volts than just the slandered 3.7 volts. And most mods have volt drop also btw. So if you put a fully charged battery in it that is at 4.2 volts. it will drop down to 4 volts or lower. An all brass mod has the least voltage drop.

Mtlblade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just a quick pick to show size diff of a few mods. nemesis is in 350 mode with kayfun nano set up

7ebu2u9a.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

pertree

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest a Kayfun with the nano kit but you would have to get into rebuilding. There really is not anything you can get that short without stepping into the realm of rebuildables. So in your case, without having the capability of a VV/VW device, i'd say start out with some 1.5 single coil shorty customizers maybe. Have you every tried a customizer before? They are the next best thing to dripping IMO, and cheap to get a pack of them and put different juices in to switch up at your preference. I have a UDCT i use regularly still when i want to vape more casually when i am out and about. 510 cartomizers are actually a lot better than people give them credit for. A DCT is a cartomizer in a tank and they do sell shorty versions and look quite nice. Just make sure you get a single coil version because a dual coil requires more watts/volts than just the slandered 3.7 volts. And most mods have volt drop also btw. So if you put a fully charged battery in it that is at 4.2 volts. it will drop down to 4 volts or lower. An all brass mod has the least voltage drop.

I'll definitely look at the DCT Cloudpusher, not aware of them.

pertree

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mtlblade, is the nemesis/kayfun nano second from left? That's exactly the look I'm after. Looks like I will need to become a coil builder.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually a 1.5ohm dual coil DCT tank will work fine on a mod because it does not limit the amps. Forgot about that. And they have all kinds of cool styles of those out there.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mtlblade, is the nemesis/kayfun nano second from left? That's exactly the look I'm after. Looks like I will need to become a coil builder.

yup

pertree

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cloudpusher, what are you referring to as a customizer? I looked at DCT's, most in google images were fairly tall. Am I looking at the right items?

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well
Cloudpusher, what are you referring to as a customizer? I looked at DCT's, most in google images were fairly tall. Am I looking at the right items?
i was refrencing something like this without a tank. http://www.litecigusa.net/Smoktech_shorty_1_7ohm_Cartomizers_p/510-shorty-1.7.htm

They hold roughly 15 drops and produce great vapor and flavour as long as you keep them topped off. These are good to have while you get the hang of rebuilding. Places also sell pre made coils if you want to go that rout for now also in the rebuildable realm. I still have a 50 pack of pre made 1.8ohm micro coils for my kayfun when i get lazy, lol. A little research goes a long way on the learning curve. But yes, the DCT tanks can be a bit taller than the kayfun nano setup, but all the tank setups are usually dual coil and require more power anyway. An APV(Advanced Personal Vaporizer) is preferred for DCT tanks to get the best performance out of them anyway. But those shorty cartos i linked to and similar ones like them are awesome to have on hand. I have a few of them i still use from time to time.

Make sure you fallow the instruction on how to fill the customizers when brand new. You basically have to add only a few drops at a time around the edge and let it soak in before adding more until it is full. There is a trick to prim them fast. You take the rubber cap it came with, set it down on a flat surface, and fill it halfway with juice. Then you put the bottom of the carto over it and press down slowly a little at a time until it overflows. Then you pull it off, wipe off the access juice from the carto and they are ready for vaping. The cool part about cartos is that you can even put a driptip on them if you like. But of course that will increase the length of your setup. They do sell shorter DCT tanks but they are custom and harder to find replacement cartos for.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The hardest part about kayfuns is getting the wicking just right in them. Or else you get flooding or burnt hits. It took me a few weeks to get it right because i would give up and just use my drippers for a while instead, lol. Standard single coil drippers are the best to learn to rebuild on and are much shorter than tanks. Some of them even have deeper dripping wells that can hold more juice. But have a tendency to leak if left on their side if to much ejuice is left in them. There is this new dripper out now that does not leak when on its side and hold a phenomenal amount of ejuice in them. I plan on getting one soon. If only i can find it again, lol. I'll let you know when i do.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh i found it. Its the Veritas RDA. It will not leak unless you turn it completely upside down. Only thing is, that it is made for vertical builds only. It's not that much harder then the standard horizontal coil builds and you can build it as a single coil if you’d like. I really like the idea of this thing and definitely plan on getting one real soon. Because i love RDA's and this one is built to give great flavour!

Edit: I found the Tobeco clones on sale for 15 buck's. Oh yeah!

Last edited:

pertree

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks to everyone for your comments/suggestions, very informative. Contrary to what my original desire, yesterday I ordered a Cana DNA 30 mod (promoted on vapor joe's a couple of weeks ago). I really liked the MVP until the button popped off (and apparently no way to repair it), so decided to stick with the box mod. Will just run my EVODs on it for a bit and probably order an Aspire Nautilus in a few months. Great forum.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks to everyone for your comments/suggestions, very informative. Contrary to what my original desire, yesterday I ordered a Cana DNA 30 mod (promoted on vapor joe's a couple of weeks ago). I really liked the MVP until the button popped off (and apparently no way to repair it), so decided to stick with the box mod. Will just run my EVODs on it for a bit and probably order an Aspire Nautilus in a few months. Great forum.
Just make sure to get a 510-ego adapter. The cana doesn't have ego threads stock so tanks like the evod won't fit right away.

VU Sponsors