Become a Patron!

Dual 18500 and dual 18350 unregulated mods. (mby coil build too.)

hansa132

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i have built a single 18650 mod which is working very fine, but i want to challenge myself and build something more double. My uncle got me some vape batteries he doesnt use anymore because he left mechmods and i just started. So, i got two efest imr 18350 (700mah) and two efest 18500 v.2 (1100), but my question is, what kind of resistors do i need for the irlb3034 mosfet im going to use on these? Can i use 15k or do i need to use something else, also do i need to change the mosfet or does irlb3034 work?

Also if any of you have a nice coil build for nichrome 80, 26awg for one of these, dont be afraid to post that aswell.

Sincerely Hans.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does your uncle hate you or you hate your general safety?
Cause this is how you get on the news, and score a Darwin award, using efest in a mech and using batteries not rated worth a flashlight.
And you need resistance wire not non resistance wire for a mech.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mosfet would be the same as used with an 18650 battery..... the only difference will be the amp load Ability ..... there have been soom 2x 18500 and 2x18350 mech boxes.

Build wise a mech is a mech. It holds the batteries. Build the build you like to vape and atty you like.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

hansa132

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does your uncle hate you or you hate your general safety?
Cause this is how you get on the news, and score a Darwin award, using efest in a mech and using batteries not rated worth a flashlight.
And you need resistance wire not non resistance wire for a mech.
I have been using efest in my mech mods for a while now, they do really give a good punch.

hansa132

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The mosfet would be the same as used with an 18650 battery..... the only difference will be the amp load Ability ..... there have been soom 2x 18500 and 2x18350 mech boxes.

Build wise a mech is a mech. It holds the batteries. Build the build you like to vape and atty you like.

Ty for answear will reaserch a little more to find out abour resistors!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ty for answear will reaserch a little more to find out abour resistors!
The resistors would be the same also I believe. Fuses if installed would be based on the amp draw limit you want to maintain to protect the battery

A mosfet is just a fancy switch.or relay. resistors just keep the current flowing in 1 direction.

hansa132

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The resistors would be the same also I believe. Fuses if installed would be based on the amp draw limit you want to maintain to protect the battery

A mosfet is just a fancy switch.or relay. resistors just keep the current flowing in 1 direction.

Ok thank you again for answer, no i do understand!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have been using efest in my mech mods for a while now, they do really give a good punch.
Oh I see how it is.
Same as all the others who think they know better. and want to argue that efest is safe and an ethical company.

When it goes south and you are lying in the hospital bed in the burn unit just remember people who knew better told you otherwise.
Enjoy your skin grafts.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We use a mosfet.. so that we can use a small under rated switches to fire the mod..... see most of the switches rated to carry the loads we use vaping are too big to be used in a mod. So we add a relay to carry the load. The fir button turns on the mosfet which fires the mod. The resistor prevents the high amp current from going anywhere other than to the 510 connection. A fuse would go between the batteries and anything else to prevent too much current from being drawn from the battery.

hansa132

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We use a mosfet.. so that we can use a small under rated switches to fire the mod..... see most of the switches rated to carry the loads we use vaping are too big to be used in a mod. So we add a relay to carry the load. The fir button turns on the mosfet which fires the mod. The resistor prevents the high amp current from going anywhere other than to the 510 connection. A fuse would go between the batteries and anything else to prevent too much current from being drawn from the battery.

Could i make the mod im planning without fuses? :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I see how it is.
Same as all the others who think they know better. and want to argue that efest is safe and an ethical company.

When it goes south and you are lying in the hospital bed in the burn unit just remember people who knew better told you otherwise.
Enjoy your skin grafts.
By this logic we need to stop using LG Samsung and Sony batteries also as they have all had battery failures and ethics issues.

Is there a battery brand out there without any of these issues.... NO. They all lie they all have failure...

Whether or not one ends up in the burn unit.. has much more to do with HOW the batteries are used than the actual battery used.

This is why I don't use any single 18650 battery beyond 20amps...... because I don't trust the rating and can't always trust I'm not getting a rewrap.... regardless the brand or supplier. Every brand of battery has been conterfitted. Enough so that most if not all battery suppliers have had some of these in inventory at some point.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
By this logic we need to stop using LG Samsung and Sony batteries also as they have all had battery failures and ethics issues.

Is there a battery brand out there without any of these issues.... NO. They all lie they all have failure...

Whether or not one ends up in the burn unit.. has much more to do with HOW the batteries are used than the actual battery used.

This is why I don't use any single 18650 battery beyond 20amps...... because I don't trust the rating and can't always trust I'm not getting a rewrap.... regardless the brand or supplier. Every brand of battery has been conterfitted. Enough so that most if not all battery suppliers have had some of these in inventory at some point.

But factory cast offs rewrapped with a known failure rate in a mech is burn unit material waiting to happen.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YES! You most certainly should have some kind of protection. For example, if you would put on a 0.1 ohm coil, and fire it, you will draw 40+ continuous amps from the batteries. You've been warned about exceeding the current draw on batteries, and you should consider building yourself a safer mod.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if you use a clearomizer with a 2.0 ohm load then go for it..If you think youre going to subohm or use below 1.5ohm coils then reconsider your project.

hansa132

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if you use a clearomizer with a 2.0 ohm load then go for it..If you think youre going to subohm or use below 1.5ohm coils then reconsider your project.
<what do you reccomend i use? :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
<what do you reccomend i use? :)

Aspire Nautilus maybe with a 1.5ohm or higher coil...You can use many different tanks but its the load from those weak batteries that will limit you to how much power you can use...Stay above 1.5 ohms and you should be safe

I built a single 14500 mod before but I used a kanger evod tank using a 2.4ohm coil on it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I suggest building a dual 18650 unregulated box or if you want more of a challenge a variable voltage box using 18650's. People usually don't build unregulated boxes with the batteries you mentioned for a reason. They're not up to the task of powering most modern atomizers. The amp load they can handle and the runtime they provide is pretty low. Your posts make it seem like an especially bad idea. Batteries are cheap. Use more capable and preferably better quality batteries.

Honda, you've made 2 comments about resistors directing current. They don't do that and that's not their purpose when used with a mosfet.

VU Sponsors