Become a Patron!

e leaf Istick10 review by me.. got it today 1-21-15

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
So i finally got my istick10 today I had ordered from www.smokecityca.com and I guess cause of the holiday it took longer to get then I like but I always am inpatient about getting things in the mail as quick as i can.
I ordered it on the 7th and got it today.

Anyhow. First thoughts when i opened the box, I was pissed cause no charger in the box, I am pretty sure they was suppose to b a charger with it.
NOTE* I just looked again and it doesn't list a charger with it, so my bad,, Glad it does take a Android type charger i have plenty of those.**

The istick itself is so pretty I got the Blue one..
The ego/510 adapter wasn't in the wrap, no biggie.. i put it on it screws on nice. I put my evod tank on turned it on and the battery read 100%...was surprised it was fully charged.

So I vaped the whole drive to work 10 minutes.. I vaped at lunch 30 ish mins.. I been using my old trusty ego and having more power is nice for some nice vape but keep vaping back to back and ugh. i go that burnt taste in my mouth ewww so nasty, okay went down from 5.0v to 3.3 to try it for a while even at 3.3v it still much better vape then from the Ego.

So far i have used a Evod tanks
Kanger mini protank
and a Kanger T2 tanks
All 3 screw onto the adapotor just fine.
This is a small but powerfull unit.

I read and watched videos on the 10 and 20 and got confused I guess, i thought the 10 would read the OHM of the tank but it doesn't the 20 and up i guess does that.. well I also vaped on th way home and now the battery has went from 100% to 77%, i sure hope it stays in the 70's longer then the 90's and 80's cause I bet i have not vaped even a full 2 hours yet. I know lots have talked about how long they last but i realize that depends on the volts your vaping at also.. leave it on 3.3 all day I am sure it last all day.

So far, the Pros:
Small light weight
good vape from it
adapter so far has been fine.
threads on unit seem fine
Push button for on/off/vape seem nice
The counter for how long you press the button is a nice feature.

Cons:
The up and down volt buttons seem cheap and noisy
doesn't read the OHM of the tank

I looked at a few websites before i ordered it, i ordered the one i did cause it was 28.99 free shipping.
But i could had gotten one from somewhere else for 19.99 with like 3.00 shipping just for the i stick itself.
I ordered the istick adapter from discount vapors cause i needed one for my mech mod and wanted to have a back up. it was only $2.50 for that, not sure how much chargers cost for it but I think i would been better off ordering just the unit itself.

This is just my thoughts.

Feel free to ad your comments or thoughts. I will be adding to this as i use it more. I know I am late to the game, but hey.. its something new and seem pretty popular I think even for 30.00 for what it is . it is a great deal. I wish i could got a VV mod for $30 when i first started a yr ago.

I will be trying to find a shorter tank to use on it tho so i can carry it in my pocket at work.
The unit plenty small but my tanks are tall.

I will be adding some pictures.

Attachments

• 20150121_161733.jpg
    20150121_161733.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2015-01-21-21-18-46.jpg
    2015-01-21-21-18-46.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 31

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife is a low wattage vaper and she has one of the mini's. It is a cute very compact little guy. The battery life on it will not rival the 20w as it is a lower mah. She gets about 5hrs out of the one she has. It is a quite the contrast to her beloved vtr.

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
I have vape on it as much as I can vape from the time i got home last night till bed, then this morning right now its on 21% so I guess It don't last as long as i hope it would.. My Ego last for days but have to understand I do not vape except to from work and on lunch most days. but being new I wanted to test it out.. still liking it. but trying to test to see if it would be good for a co worker. i have heard some issues with the 20 threads so has me a lil worried

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have vape on it as much as I can vape from the time i got home last night till bed, then this morning right now its on 21% so I guess It don't last as long as i hope it would.. My Ego last for days but have to understand I do not vape except to from work and on lunch most days. but being new I wanted to test it out.. still liking it. but trying to test to see if it would be good for a co worker. i have heard some issues with the 20 threads so has me a lil worried
I have a 20 and the threads have been fine. Thanks to @Whiskey I have a bending adaptor now and it works fine, although occasionally the ego adapter likes to come off with the tank when I remove it, no biggies just something it does from time to time. I've had to retighten the bending adaptor a few times, but I have had zero issues with reading my aspire ets and ce5s tanks, except when the head unscrews itself a little inside the tank, but that doesn't happen a lot. It's a solid device, mine has held up well, and I do have to run the wattage lower for the same vape as my mvp2, but it performs solidly at the settings I use, between 6-9 watts usually.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have had mine for about 2 months now. I do like the size for carrying around. The vape is good. Issues I've had are
1- it got to where it would not recognize tank, was able to fix by pulling 510 pin up a little, but have to do that every time I put a tank on it.
2- started yesterday- tank is no longer tight, like the threading stripped and it did not start while putting on or taking off a tank. I think the 30 version has fixed some of these issues though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
I have a 20 and the threads have been fine. Thanks to @Whiskey I have a bending adaptor now and it works fine, although occasionally the ego adapter likes to come off with the tank when I remove it, no biggies just something it does from time to time. I've had to retighten the bending adaptor a few times, but I have had zero issues with reading my aspire ets and ce5s tanks, except when the head unscrews itself a little inside the tank, but that doesn't happen a lot. It's a solid device, mine has held up well, and I do have to run the wattage lower for the same vape as my mvp2, but it performs solidly at the settings I use, between 6-9 watts usually.

Why the bending adaptor? what is the point of it i seen them online? is i so your not putting pressure on the threads while its in your pocket? it only folds one way right, so if you put pressure in any other direction it wouldn't help would it?

yeah well mine this morning decided not to read my T2 tank. i had to uncrew it some for it to work.. kept reading low..
not sure why.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the pin issue I was talking about, that's why it's reading low

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the beginning if it doing that. I could twist the tank a little and it would work, but not every time. Eventually wouldn't even recognize tank.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most people use a little screwdriver to lift the pin up just a tad. I have a syringe with a curve at the tip, that I use, works like a charm.

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
It acts like the pin on the.tank and.on the.adaptor are hitting.to early...i can screw the pin on the adaptor down some.then.the tank will.screwall.way onto.the adaptor but then i cant.screw the adaptor all the way down on the device

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In your pic, it looks

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like your using an ego connection, right?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I knew the battery life wouldn't be good.. but its worse than I thought.. I got it for the size for stealth vaping but don't expect to go anywhere without bringing a charger..

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try without adapter, I took mine off, after issues started

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, sorry your having issues after one day.

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
I only have my.drippers that i.dont.need.the adaptor to use it. I guess i start looking at tanks that willl screw in w.o the adaptor
Just not sure what changed.from yesterday to.today

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
This the gap i have to have between the tank and adaptor for it to work. Guess i try to find a spacer to go under the tank so that its not wobbly on there when i get home

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421954438645.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421954438645.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 6

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have any ego tanks, to look at how their designed. So I can't figure the issue out. You might try a different tank, and make sure the current tanks work on a different mod. I don't think the pin on the adapter is movable. But you might be able to adjust the pin on your tank. If that makes sense.

VU Sponsors