Become a Patron!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I turned off the e-mail notification, for when someone replies to a post. but I keep getting them = lots of e-mails to delete = pita.

how can I turn them off ? I don't always remember to unclick the button at the bottom here in this window.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just click on the "Unwatch thread" (upper right side of the page) and you never get an email for them again. Once you post a comment it becomes watched again though..............

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Click on the little icon at the top right of the forum on your avatar then click "privacy" then unclick "receive news and email updates" and hit save.

You'll never get an email alert again.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Click on the little icon at the top right of the forum on your avatar then click "privacy" then unclick "receive news and email updates" and hit save.

You'll never get an email alert again.

ok. "news" would be from admin ? and "email updates" is when someone replies to a thread that I am watching/etc ?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"notifications" , that's what we see in the "flag" at the far upper right of the forum pages, correct ?
I mean email notifications. Sorry. I get notifications here, but not emails telling me about them. I have tried absolutely everything as a computer professional with 20 years experience with forum software, including the rather high end package that this site runs on,

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I mean email notifications. Sorry. I get notifications here, but not emails telling me about them. I have tried absolutely everything as a computer professional with 20 years experience with forum software, including the rather high end package that this site runs on,

well, did you try hitting it with a hammer ? I find that that fix's some shit...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So at the top right, when you HOVER on your screen name, then click on "Preferences", do you see this?

upload_2019-1-10_4-50-15.png

Make sure that 2nd box isn't checked.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm still getting a chitload of email notifications.

in the actual email, at the very bottom there should be an unsubscribe link.
if it's there, click it.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am still getting a bunch of emails. but now, its just from posts I made 'before' I checked those box's.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am still getting a bunch of emails. but now, its just from posts I made 'before' I checked those box's.
Only thing I can think of is to go directly to those threads, unwatch them, then watch them, and click the notification that says without sending an email.

upload_2019-1-27_14-49-48.png

VU Sponsors