ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This supposedly is also awesome with custard - don't know if any of the ingredients are ones you are sensitive to

You can probably sub Stevia for the EM

7.5 % TFA Double Chocolate clear
3 % TFA Vanilla Swirl
1% Marshmallow
1.5 % EM

EDIT: I used to have the custard variation but don't have it on hand because I dislike custard, lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This supposedly is also awesome with custard - don't know if any of the ingredients are ones you are sensitive to

You can probably sub Stevia for the EM

7.5 % TFA Double Chocolate clear
3 % TFA Vanilla Swirl
1% Marshmallow
1.5 % EM

EDIT: I used to have the custard variation but don't have it on hand because I dislike custard, lol
Thanks but unfortuantely will not work well for me.
Ethel and I do not get along very well.

Might order some of the double Chocolate clear to try...

Last edited:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some fucking Memorial Day. Made even more memorable by finding out that the car I've only had for 2 months and 3 weeks has a blown head gasket. And it's not under warranty either. Why do I even try?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Memorable all right :eek:

Sorry for everyone's troubles

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some fucking Memorial Day. Made even more memorable by finding out that the car I've only had for 2 months and 3 weeks has a blown head gasket. And it's not under warranty either. Why do I even try?

If you bought it from a dealer the call your better business place and check with them on lemon laws. You might be covered anyways.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's. Yeah yall knnow what to do :p

Beautiful and hot day today here. Lawnmower been broke and trying to get it goin again. The mower deck spindles cratered so have to replace them but what gets me going is I spent $140 for 3 new spindles. Everyone know the spindle bolts are single use, the usually snap off when trying to take them off. So why in the hell after spending that much money did they not bother to send new bolts with the spindles? Pathetic. So after spending the last two days cutting the heads off of 5 or the 8 spindle mounting bolt heads and twisting off the other three (not one single one out of 8 came out of the old spindles) now I have to drive to town and try to find some new bolts.....pathetic.

Hope yalls Tuesday is going good. I seen Alberto is gonna visit Bob today and since I always try to be a good fugee I went ahead and found something Bob might find very useful today

Screenshot_2.png

DogSnickerTeeHee-1.gif~c200

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Afternoon fugee's. Yeah yall knnow what to do :p

Beautiful and hot day today here. Lawnmower been broke and trying to get it goin again. The mower deck spindles cratered so have to replace them but what gets me going is I spent $140 for 3 new spindles. Everyone know the spindle bolts are single use, the usually snap off when trying to take them off. So why in the hell after spending that much money did they not bother to send new bolts with the spindles? Pathetic. So after spending the last two days cutting the heads off of 5 or the 8 spindle mounting bolt heads and twisting off the other three (not one single one out of 8 came out of the old spindles) now I have to drive to town and try to find some new bolts.....pathetic.

Hope yalls Tuesday is going good. I seen Alberto is gonna visit Bob today and since I always try to be a good fugee I went ahead and found something Bob might find very useful today

View attachment 112444

DogSnickerTeeHee-1.gif~c200

Antiseize is your friend.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Antiseize is your friend.

It wouldnt work in that situation. The bolts for mounting the spindles are self tapping 5/16-18. The steel bolts cut new threads into the aluminum housing which makes for a perfect condition for dissimilar metal corrosion which locks them puppys in forever. I believe its the way it was designed.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
had about 13 ml of 100 mg/ml nic in an amber bottle that I have been using from that has turned a noticeable shade of pink in 1 week!
DARN! Scrubbed bottle in hot water and soap and trashed the syringe....
Syringe was clean and used just last week on NIC only.... I have them marked....

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning peeps! Y'all know the drill....lol

Talked to the mechanic this morning about my car. Head gasket isn't blown...the thermostat was stuck and the "stuff" that was in the coolant tank wasn't oil as the, and I use this term loosely, "jack leg" mechanic told me was nothing more than different types of coolant that didn't mix. The oil in the motor is clean as a whistle. I'm celebrating!!
:stars::stars2::hearts::banana::bingo::bunny: YEP!!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have no idea.
It was almost red....

Nicotine Demons?

Because it changed color, does that actually make it bad?

This has me curious. I keep my nicotine in amber bottle like many do so the only way you can ever tell the color is with a syringe or pipette and you only take a little out at time. Makes me curious if discolored nicotine is still nicotine. Does it develop a bad taste when it changes color or is it harmful to vape?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning peeps! Y'all know the drill....lol

Talked to the mechanic this morning about my car. Head gasket isn't blown...the thermostat was stuck and the "stuff" that was in the coolant tank wasn't oil as the, and I use this term loosely, "jack leg" mechanic told me was nothing more than different types of coolant that didn't mix. The oil in the motor is clean as a whistle. I'm celebrating!!
:stars::stars2::hearts::banana::bingo::bunny: YEP!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:stars2::stars2::stars2::stars2:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because it changed color, does that actually make it bad?

This has me curious. I keep my nicotine in amber bottle like many do so the only way you can ever tell the color is with a syringe or pipette and you only take a little out at time. Makes me curious if discolored nicotine is still nicotine. Does it develop a bad taste when it changes color or is it harmful to vape?
Turning yellowish is a natural oxidation process for nic. It does not become unsafe to vape just develops a peppery taste with the oxidation AFIK.

However turning reddish kind of alarmed me. Only thing I can think of is somehow with my last use I got something in there.
the last time I used it it was quite clear. I use syringes for mixing so I see the ingredients before I put them in the mix.
I have always used a separate marked syringe for my nic... Maybe I used the wrong syringe last time?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's what I don't get: describing nicotine as "peppery" -- what kind of pepper? Black pepper? Bell pepper? Jalopeno? Habanero? I have never found any pepper taste in nicotine. If it oxidizes, it starts to taste kinda like a dirty ashtray -- which is the smell you get when you rinse out an emptied nic bottle, the smell you used to get from cleaning ashtrays. The "TH Nicotine" from VT doesn't really have any more TH than the nic from ECX... but it's a lot cheaper, so I buy it. :) It's kinda pink colored.

I just read about a dam in NC in danger of breaking, Tahoma Dam -- is that anywhere near Lynn? I sure hope not!!!!! Y'all doing ok up there in NC/KY/points north? We did get a buttload of rain from this asshole Alberto, thought our backyard was gonna turn into a lake last night, but that was the worst around here, though TWC keeps hollering about river flooding; we're not real close to the Chattahoochee nor any major streams, so no serious worries here. I saw the sun come out briefly, a minute ago. YAY!!! :)

Andria

Last edited:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's what I don't get: describing nicotine as "peppery" -- what kind of pepper? Black pepper? Bell pepper? Jalopeno? Habanero? I have never found any pepper taste in nicotine. If it oxidizes, it starts to taste kinda like a dirty ashtray -- which is the smell you get when you rinse out an emptied nic bottle, the smell you used to get from cleaning ashtrays. The "TH Nicotine" from VT doesn't really have any more TH than the nic from ECX... but it's a lot cheaper, so I buy it. :) It's kinda pink colored.

I just read about a dam in NC in danger of breaking, Tahoma Dam -- is that anywhere near Lynn? I sure hope not!!!!! Y'all doing ok up there in NC/KY/points north? We did get a buttload of rain from this asshole Alberto, thought our backyard was gonna turn into a lake last night, but that was the worst around here, though TWC keeps hollering about river flooding; we're not real close to the Chattahoochee nor any major streams, so no serious worries here. I saw the sun come out briefly, a minute ago. YAY!!! :)

Andria
Andria, the dam in NC was in the mountains(about 4-4 1/2 hours from me). The mountains had a butt load of rain weekend before last before getting another butt load this past weekend from Alberto. I think we only got maybe an inch to an inch and a half this weekend. The sun is in and out here today. Tstorms are expected this afternoon.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, the dam in NC was in the mountains(about 4-4 1/2 hours from me). The mountains had a butt load of rain weekend before last before getting another butt load this past weekend from Alberto. I think we only got maybe an inch to an inch and a half this weekend. The sun is in and out here today. Tstorms are expected this afternoon.

That's very good news, Lynn; I always get worried about bad weather in any of the states y'all live in -- and for that matter, that wretched asshole of a volcano, since Ms Juicy is planning to move there soon. :gaah:

That wretched asshole is still being a wretched asshole; checked the radar a minute ago, and there is MORE geen and red shit on its way up from FL. :gaah: Courtesy of the trade winds, I think, bringing that upper-atmosphere volcanic ash over to the Caribbean, where it then condenses into rain and makes it way up to us. :cuss2:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ve got mushrooms growing in mine. And it was mowed on Saturday.

It's been way over 2 wks here since it was dry enough for a long enough stretch for the grass to dry enough to mow. Because 1) mowing wet grass is really bad for grass, and 2) we have an electric lawnmower, and water and AC current do NOT mix nicely. So the grass may be tall enough to hide the whole damn house before it gets mowed. :facepalm:

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine had gotten so tall and supposedly snakes are so bad here this year that I was scared to walk through it. The guy who mows it for me has a gas lawn mower and a gas weed eater. He came and mowed Saturday. Now it needs mowing again with all the rain we've had.

And absolutely..I wouldn't use an electric lawn mower on wet grass.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine had gotten so tall and supposedly snakes are so bad here this year that I was scared to walk through it. The guy who mows it for me has a gas lawn mower and a gas weed eater. He came and mowed Saturday. Now it needs mowing again with all the rain we've had.

And absolutely..I wouldn't use an electric lawn mower on wet grass.
Ahh but some run on li batteries now. Maybe they even have a 510 connector on the handle?
Ryobi even has a rechargeable riding mower that is supposedly good for up to 2 acres per charge....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My husband spits if anyone mentions rechargeable electric tools. :D He has about 200 ft of huge orange electric cord for outdoors. Our lot is just .26 acre, so it's plenty of cord for that.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugees. :)

I love cordless tools. When I first started turning wrenches on helicopters there was no cordless tools. Some of the panels and cowlings that have to be removed all the time for inspections can have 50 or more small bolts or screws securing it. When you work at a place with 20 some helicopters that fly a lot, your taking those panels and cowling's off constantly. My forearm use to swell from all the ratchet turning from that. When cordless tools came along, we all bought them and it made the job so much easier. I bought a 40 volt chainsaw from Lowes maybe 6 months back. I have use it a lot and the ex borrowed it a few times. Runs great and battery last a very long time.

Yesterday I got the deck back on my zero turn mower and cut a ton of grass. Over 2 acres. Couldnt believe I found mushrooms growin in a few areas. Have a few more days of cutting to do but probably wont finish it until this weekend. Heart doc wants to run some test on me so gotta deal with that today. Any mowing will be later in the evening which sucks, Im in the mood to get it done now :teehee: Plus Rascal is coming home this weekend so want to get as much done as I can before he gets here. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here Chop on the cordless drills and such.
wonderful things esp for such projects as screwing down a metal roof...
On my recent dashboard project the little cordless screwdriver was a wonderful wrist saver.

When I lived in FL had some hedges that required frequent trimming :(
You would laugh yer ass off at my extension cord I used with the hedge trimmer. Must have had a couple of rolls of tape on it :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Awwww. Kitties are so CUTE!

Annabel has discovered her tail, and when I won't let her attack my hand, she gives that tail a good savaging. :giggle: She's so sweet; when I sit on kidly's bed to pet her, she'll climb right onto my legs and lie down, like "Ok, here I am: PET ME." :giggle: Just adorable. :D She's still mostly confined to kidly's room, though we let her out to explore the living room a good bit. So far no further interactions between cat and kitty; with Tuxie being housebound by all this goddamn rain, we figured she was stressed enough.

A neat feature: Annabel appears to be polydactyl. Very odd looking, but kinda cool too. :D

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awwww. Kitties are so CUTE!

Annabel has discovered her tail, and when I won't let her attack my hand, she gives that tail a good savaging. :giggle: She's so sweet; when I sit on kidly's bed to pet her, she'll climb right onto my legs and lie down, like "Ok, here I am: PET ME." :giggle: Just adorable. :D She's still mostly confined to kidly's room, though we let her out to explore the living room a good bit. So far no further interactions between cat and kitty; with Tuxie being housebound by all this goddamn rain, we figured she was stressed enough.

A neat feature: Annabel appears to be polydactyl. Very odd looking, but kinda cool too. :D

Andria
I had a cat that was polydactyl. I loved that kitty. I lost her to cancer in 1998. Make sure you check in between her foot pads for extra claws. Mine developed a limp. When I checked her paw, I found that she had a claw that had grown rather long and it was sticking her when she walked. So she had 6 toes on each of her front paws and an extra claw on the right one.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll be able to be here more often now...I HAD to get a new phone this morning after mine crapped out on me last night AGAIN. It's an iPhone 7plus. I'm an Apple girl what can I say? :rolleyes:

VU Sponsors