Become a Patron!

Ecig-City | Purchase and Customer Service Review [12-2016]

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is a purchase and customer service review for the vendor ecig-city.com dated 12/2016.

:tldr:

Product: Good / As Expected
Shipping: Good / As Expected
Customer Support: Fair
Would I do business with again: Yes (see notes)

Customer Support Short Notes:
Initial support from the person was very poor with no acceptable resolution offered. It took two email to them to finally get a response back from a "manager". An acceptable resolution was offered and I received an email showing the new order of missing parts and a tracking #.

I would do business with this company again, however, I would not call into support again, I would instead email them to work out any issue with the order. I would also be prepared to be fair and firm with an acceptable resolution.

----- FULL REVIEW -----

On 12/29/2016 I purchased the following from ecig-city.com during their holiday promotion sales.

upload_2017-1-4_12-48-10.png

The product was received on 1/3/2017 as expected due to the holidays and when the order was placed.

Upon opening the package, I found that they had only sent the SMOK Alien standard kit (in the correct color) and had neglected to ship the Big Baby Beast tank and the two Samsung 18650 batteries.

I immediately called their customer service phone # to speak with a support rep by the name of Brian. Upon telling him what I had ordered and what I had actually received, his response was this.

"Oh, ok, well... we will have to get you a shipping label emailed to you so that you can return the product to us. Once we see that the tracking # is with the carrier we can then ship you what you ordered."

All the while, I was trying to hear and understand what he was saying with the blaring music (metal / rap) in the background.

No other option was provided to correct the shipping error on their part, so I said "OK, I will wait for the shipping label." He then hung up.

So, now I am still without a good resolution to the problem. I then decided to email the support email address and offer THEM an acceptable solution to the issue. Upon sending the email, I received an automated response. A few hours later, after their closing time, I still had not received a response.

The below is a copy/paste from my emails:

----------
EMAIL #1
Jan 3, 15:36 PST

Ecig-City:

I just spoke with a gentlemen in Online Support regarding the issue with this order.
You guys shipped only the SMOK Alien standard kit and did not include the Big Baby Beast tank nor the Samsung batteries.

When I called into the the support department, the only option to correct this error on your part was for me to ship this product back and once you identify that the tracking # was active with the carrier, only then would you send out the correct products that were purchased.

Are there no other options to resolve this issue?
-- Can you not just send out the Big Baby Beast tank? I do not have to have the batteries if you guys are concerned about the cost. I already have many batteries.

I would prefer not to send back this kit and have further delay on getting the product that was purchase.
I want the kit and I want the Big Baby beast tank, that is all I wanted out of this order. The batteries were just "part of it".

Please let me know if you can provide any other options to shipping back and forth the identical Alien kit.

Regards,
Stephen

----------
EMAIL #2
Jan 3, 20:06 PST

Another option that you guys could have come up with was to apologize for the shipping error and offer me a credit of $12.76.
This would have been the difference from the standard Alien Kit of $59.99 minus the 15% coupon code.

Instead we haven't even offered a response.

~~ Stephen ~~

----------
RESPONSE EMAIL #1
Jan 4, 04:30 PST

Hi Stephen,

It looks like your email was pushed further back in the queue when you recently updated your inquiry. So I am more than willing to send you the Big Baby Beast and a pair of Samsung batteries. Thanks for letting us know where we messed up.

-Triston (Online Manager)
----------

#####
I will followup on this review once I have received the additional hardware and have checked it.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I admit I am bias, as had bad experience with ecig-city dealing with them sending me the wrong product and their crap CS.

I can't see how you rate CS as fair, they do not answer emails promptly, I waited 2 days to hear back from them and in nowhere in their replies to you, do I see where they apologize, instead the 'online manager' just thanks for letting them know where they messed up, really.

They do have good products with fair prices, but their CS sucks.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I almost put piss pore, however they did correct it and didn't tell me to fuck off. I was prepared to do a charge back on them if I had to.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well what made mine worst, was they took so long to reply back to emails, I ended up paying to ship the wrong mod back to them, good CS would at least offer that money back, and really as their mess up, really would of expected a bit extra, but got nothing.

At least your not out of pocket like I was.

VU Sponsors