Become a Patron!

Ecigs importing about to be banned in Oz.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Will your doctor prescribe them for you? I’m so sorry to hear this, it’s crazy!
Yeah, its a bit weird and even though I have tried to so far get full confirmation on its exact impact I think it will be in the near future a ban overall as some sellers told me they have no doubt it will come. You see, up until now we were legally required to get a script from a DR for nic which I did and stocked up on it legally according to the regs that were in place. Now this ban "seems" to be the same thing, you'll need a script. But, why if that was the legal requirement, are we being possibly told this new one is the exact same thing!? Odd. Have heard that this is the next step to a very near in the future total ban on nic import and all hardware. Makes sense as one supplier I get mix gear from seperated his business from being a vape supply diy to just a flavour supply that can come under food flavour supply hence distancing his business from vaping.
Either way, its coming he said and no doubt about it. He said if you intend to vape into the future here in OZ, stock up. And he was referring to things like tanks and such which he now does not sell. And another told me it is coming soon too that an Aus wide ban is inevitable. :(

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, its a bit weird and even though I have tried to so far get full confirmation on its exact impact I think it will be in the near future a ban overall as some sellers told me they have no doubt it will come. You see, up until now we were legally required to get a script from a DR for nic which I did and stocked up on it legally according to the regs that were in place. Now this ban "seems" to be the same thing, you'll need a script. But, why if that was the legal requirement, are we being possibly told this new one is the exact same thing!? Odd. Have heard that this is the next step to a very near in the future total ban on nic import and all hardware. Makes sense as one supplier I get mix gear from seperated his business from being a vape supply diy to just a flavour supply that can come under food flavour supply hence distancing his business from vaping.
Either way, its coming he said and no doubt about it. He said if you intend to vape into the future here in OZ, stock up. And he was referring to things like tanks and such which he now does not sell. And another told me it is coming soon too that an Aus wide ban is inevitable. :(
Pippa from DIYDownunder has a bunch of info on this.

Ugh.....I’m sorry, dude.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Pippa from DIYDownunder has a bunch of info on this.

Ugh.....I’m sorry, dude.
Hi. I found that site difficult to navigate and would click on something then get bounced back to where I was, and that was in the free section. It seems designed to make you pay to join or something out of frustration. I tap out of places like that.
Thanks anyway.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi. I found that site difficult to navigate and would click on something then get bounced back to where I was, and that was in the free section. It seems designed to make you pay to join or something out of frustration. I tap out of places like that.
Thanks anyway.
Gotcha. Ah, well.....

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
they are trying to push through the following changes:

2.1 Nicotine
CAS Number
54-11-5
Alternative names
3-[(2S)-1-methylpyrrolidin-2-yl]pyridine [IUPAC]
Applicant
N/A – Initiated by the Delegate of the Secretary of the Commonwealth Department of Health
Current scheduling
Schedule 7
NICOTINE except:
a) when included in Schedule 6;
b) in preparations for human therapeutic use; or
c) in tobacco prepared and packed for smoking.
Schedule 6
NICOTINE in preparations containing 3 per cent or less of nicotine when labelled and
packed for the treatment of animals.
Schedule 4
NICOTINE in preparations for human therapeutic use except for use as an aid in withdrawal
from tobacco smoking in preparations for oromucosal or transdermal use.
Appendix F, Part 3
Poison Safety Direction
NICOTINE except when in tobacco. 1 (Avoid contact with eyes); 4 (Avoid contact with skin)
Appendix J, Part 2
NICOTINE
INDEX
NICTOINE
Schedule 7
Schedule 6
Schedule 4
Appendix F, Part 3
Appendix J, Part 2

Consultation: Proposed Amendments to the Poisons Standard - ACMS and Joint ACMS-ACCS meetings Page 32 of 49
June 2020
Proposed scheduling
Schedule 7 – Amend Entry
NICOTINE except:
a) when included in Schedule 6;
a) when included in Schedule 4 in preparations for human therapeutic use ; or
b) in tobacco prepared and packed for smoking; or
c) for human therapeutic use as an aid in withdrawal from tobacco smoking in
preparations for oromucosal or transdermal use.
Schedule 6 – Delete Entry
NICOTINE in preparations containing 3 per cent or less of nicotine when labelled and
packed for the treatment of animals.
Schedule 4 – Amend Entry
NICOTINE in preparations for human therapeutic use except:
a) when for human therapeutic use as an aid in withdrawal from tobacco smoking in
preparations for oromucosal or transdermal use; or
b) in tobacco prepared and packed for smoking.
Appendix D, Item 5 – New Entry
Nicotine when included in Schedule 4.
Key uses/expected use
N/A
Reasons for the proposal
• To clarify the access controls for nicotine in Australia.
• It is proposed to delete the Schedule 6 nicotine entry. The Schedule 6 entry is not required as
there are no longer products containing nicotine for the treatment of animals.
• The proposed amendment clarifies that nicotine for human use, other than tobacco for
smoking, is only exempt from Schedule 4 when it is included in oromucosal and transdermal
preparations for smoking cessation.
• The proposed amendment does not change the current exemption from scheduling for
tobacco prepared and packed for smoking.
• The proposed amendment to include a new entry for nicotine in Appendix D, Item 5 will
ensure that possession of Schedule 4 products containing nicotine must be in accordance
with a legal prescription.
• The proposed amendment does not impact the current regulatory pathways for approval of
nicotine containing therapeutic products.
Screenshot-2020-05-03-17-10-11.png

which will happen in 12 months. For now, it has been added to the "prohibited imports list" (like firearms) and script requirements have been changed to say the prescribing dr needs to apply to tga for an excemption and bring it in by courier (not auspost, just dhl etc) We can't get a script then source our own

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This is such a hard time for our fellow Aussie vapers. I'm fortunate that our NZ government at least know the benefit of vaping. Most NZ stores have also stopped taking orders from Australia now except https://www.shosha.com.au/ :(
Yeah, I heard that stores sales went into overload as soon as the news got out.
We have hope at the moment. Two big name politicians are going in to bat for us and have actually created a petition. Good on them!
https://app.rdstation.email/mail/18...or_you&utm_medium=email&utm_source=RD+Station

VU Sponsors