Become a Patron!

Element Vape - Unethical business practices

jMilford

Member For 1 Year
Element Vape stole my money hiding behind a 'no-return of open merchandise' policy implemented to enrich themselves. A policy which really has nothing to do with protecting customers. If they were concerned with customers they would simply wipe the product down with a sterilizing cloth. Something that has been opened and handled is not a threat to any customer and they know it. Every company world over including Amazon accepts returns, unless disallowed by statute (not relevant for this merchandise). They are thieves in my opinion, and they know it. They've lost my business forever and I’m going to expose their unethical rip-off practices everywhere I can on the internet. My breaking of the cellophane on a product doesn't make it unsaleable by any company's standards; except Element Vape's.

Mod Edit: Staff Can remove but we rarely do... i suggest we stop bumping this thread unless OP comes back with the answers as i said below

jMilford

Member For 1 Year
Thanks for your comment regarding my review hellcatrydr. I hope your other 1929 comments so far this year are as helpful to the community. 1929 comments? Really? WTF?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome jmilford. Sorry you're having this dificulty as my experiences with Element have been all positive with them going out of their way to make sure things were made right.

May I ask what what is the item in question? If it's a stand alone mod then I don't get it and maybe @Element Vape can shed some light on the situation. If it's an atomizer or kit then I can understand. Personally I don't want a resealed atomizer that may have been in who knows's mouth. Some of these who knows have shit Ajax can't wash off. Now, I'm not implying that you may be one of these people with shit ajax can't wash away so please don't take it as such. If I make a purchase from Element or any other vape establishment I expect that product to be new and factory sealed unless it's listed us open box or such and It's known. Once opened selling an item as new would be unethical.

I don't know where you live but I know first hand that none of my local vape shops will take very little back as a return item. A stand alone mod being one of the few exceptions. All of my local shops have signs indicating this practice. I can't say whether Element has this in writing anywhere as I've never looked.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Not getting further into the discussion, we've done that already, but since this is informative and has been wondered about, here's a copy of the terms and conditions:

Return/Refund Policy
Here at Element Vape, customer satisfaction is absolutely important to us. If the item you have purchased from us is defective when you receive it, you have 14 days to return it to us from the date it was shipped to you. For safety and sanitary reasons, we will not accept the return of the following items: RBA, RDA, cartomizers, atomizers, drip tips, e-liquid, and batteries. If you have any further questions regarding this policy, do not hesitate to contact us through our “Contact Us” page.

The full TaC can be found here, enjoy.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your comment regarding my review hellcatrydr.
I hope your other 1929 comments so far this year are as helpful to the community.
1929 comments? Really? WTF?

It's not so much your review as it is your motivation to become a member here... anger.
You feel you were wronged and now by your own admission, you only want to hurt Element Vape.
That (your negative "campaign") is the only reason you joined VU.

I have no dog in this fight. It just always smells like fish to me when a new member comes in with an agenda.
The bottom line is you are attacking their credibility, yet you have established none of your own.

......... Not sure why my post count confuses you... o_O

jMilford

Member For 1 Year
hellcatrydr, Of course that's my motivation for coming here. I wouldn't be here otherwise. Anger for getting ripped off is not good enough reason for you? Then please stay out of the conversation going forward. Appreciate it...Thanks!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
hellcatrydr, Of course that's my motivation for coming here. I wouldn't be here otherwise. Anger for getting ripped off is not good enough reason for you? Then please stay out of the conversation going forward. Appreciate it...Thanks!

It really isn't a conversation from your perspective. 4 of your 5 posts are copy/paste complaining about a company not taking back open items. Its a health risk for a company to take back anything like this. You could be pigpens long lost cousin or the person portrayed by Jared Leto in Dallas Buyers Club. They have no way of knowing. On top of that they have their TOS posted on their website for you to read if you had so bothered. It sucks to feel like you got took and I am no champion of Element Vape but dude, calm down and get real.

You come into a pro vape forum, start complaining and then start insulting the natives for their participation and then further insult the idea of a collective of people sharing in pro vape tasks and activities for the betterment of the vaping community. What did you a expect? A cry room and a cookie? Seriously dude, get over yourself. You are acting like a little kid who lost his milk money on his way to school and treating bystanders like the bully that took it.

jMilford

Member For 1 Year
jwill is another one - 2120 comments. WTF? There's nothing to talk about. It's vaping man. Go for walk...meet a girl. Do something man.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
jwill is another one - 2120 comments. WTF? There's nothing to talk about. It's vaping man. Go for walk...meet a girl. Do something man.

I am doing something dude. Im talking about vaping on a forum with other people who vape. Sharing ideas, helping the noobs, learning shit. Hang around for a while, jump in the rabbit hole. You really might like it here if you give it a chance. Otherwise people will just troll you endlessly until you disappear.

How do I delete this thread?

post 2123. You dont. Public domain forever. This is your legacy on the internet. Relish it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jMilford

Member For 1 Year
BTW: Element Vape in response to m y postings has agreed to a full credit plus some.
I disagree with the 'no-return policy' entirely as I truly believe you are all being taken for a ride, not being permitted to make returns under the premise of safety. It's bullsh&t in my opinion. It's an industry policy you've all accepted as the norm. You shouldn't accept it.

I am doing something dude. Im talking about vaping on a forum with other people who vape. Sharing ideas, helping the noobs, learning shit. Hang around for a while, jump in the rabbit hole. You really might like it here if you give it a chance. Otherwise people will just troll you endlessly until you disappear.
Troll away...I won't be here long...

Last edited by a moderator:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Troll away...I won't be here long enough.

That really is a shame. You will be missed.
20uzoy.jpg

jMilford

Member For 1 Year
If it's defective and opened, not giving a full return is complete bullshit.

If it's NOT defective and opened, I agree with a no return policy.

How about if the sellers search engine recommended the item (tank in this case) and when it arrived it didn't fit? Wouldn't attach due to sizing differences.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you talked to them directly I also was fairly new to this fourm when I had a problem with how element vape treated me. But I will say that they contacted me threw UV and did whatever they could to make it right. Obviously that was 2 different people I spoke with but in the end they made it right when really the probably didn't have to. I was like in limbo with a package that said was delivered but the GPS on the tracking showed it being dropped off on the wrong street.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about if the sellers search engine recommended the item (tank in this case) and when it arrived it didn't fit? Wouldn't attach due to sizing differences.
Honestly for me that would fall under Caveat Emptor and fall into a grey area. Without having details at this time I can sympathize with both parties.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

What is the tank and what did it not fit onto? There is a lot that goes into this type of question and now with some more details we may be able to see both sides. (serious, not trolling).

jMilford

Member For 1 Year
What is the tank and what did it not fit onto? There is a lot that goes into this type of question and now with some more details we may be able to see both sides. (serious, not trolling).
Thanks for the real q. But since EV has agreed to a full credit the subject is moot. I asked about deleting thread more in their interest than mine. Usually the OP can delete...

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks for the real q. But since EV has agreed to a full credit the subject is moot. I asked about deleting thread more in their interest than mine. Usually the OP can delete...

You came here to complain and you got to. Now you have an audience. Indulge us.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
You can hit "edit" and then just remove whatever you typed, or replace it by something along the lines as " problem solved/nvm etc" and ask a mod to archive it. But for that you'll have to report your own topic and put the reason there.Hope it helps.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Can I ask the reason for such a negative response. This person had a problem with a company and voice his displeasure. Plenty of people have joined the forum for lesser reasons and become great contributing members. shoot plenty of people joined UV just to complain about other forms. Idk maybe I'm missing something I'm glad you got the help you needed tho.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Can I ask the reason for such a negative response. This person had a problem with a company and voice his displeasure. Plenty of people have joined the forum for lesser reasons and become great contributing members. shoot plenty of people joined UV just to complain about other forms. Idk maybe I'm missing something I'm glad you got the help you needed tho.

It's one thing to ask for help in dealing with a vendor when you feel you have been treated unfairly; it's quite another to make accusations without providing much if any evidence that you have been wronged and joining solely for the purpose of trying to damage the reputation of a company when you failed to read the terms and conditions of sales

Guess it's all in the delivery ;)

Plus, you joined and became a valued member of the VU community - you didn't just yell and scream that Company X are a bunch of sleazy, greedy ripoff artists

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well said Lucy. I tried to get more info from the OP but he ignored my post completely in favor of being a condescending jerk to other forum members. So much for trying to help.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
as the OP will most likely not answer the questions which i personally think are need just for clarification.

1. what mod did the tank not fit on...
2. What Tank did not fit...

The answers can help other from not experiencing a similar situation...

As moderation staff we could Remove or lock a thread but that goes against the standing order from the boss about being open...
If we as members wish a thread to disappear simply do not post in it and by the nature of the internet it will be forgotten outside of search engines..

if OP wishes he can edit his post and just leave a Removed comment... then let the thread die however that can not happen until the new member status is gone as i am aware for the record.

VU Sponsors