Become a Patron!

ethyl alcohol?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
got some TFA apple candy and it tastes like laundry detergent mixed with chalk. i looked at the bottle and saw there was ethyl alcohol in it. is there some way to get that taste out of there? i think it would be good if that would go away

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The alcohol will evaporate if you let it sit open overnight. But alcohol doesn't characteristically give a detergent/chalk flavor, so that may not solve your problem.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The alcohol will evaporate if you let it sit open overnight. But alcohol doesn't characteristically give a detergent/chalk flavor, so that may not solve your problem.
do you know what im talking about though? id say its more chalky than anything and even the liquid looks chalky. is this just a dud flavor you think?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I know it has a lot of fans, so I wouldn't assume it's a dud. Hopefully someone who uses it will comment (sorry - it's not one I use).

When you have an Alk in your flavor its there for a reason.
Just mix it and let it steep. Do not try and get rid of the Alk because it is used in a chemical reaction.
Dont even heat your mix. If it evaporates its will just take longer to cure.

So Mix. Warm up shake and let it mature.
Alk Based flavors can take upto 4 weeks to mature.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thanks
When you have an Alk in your flavor its there for a reason.
Just mix it and let it steep. Do not try and get rid of the Alk because it is used in a chemical reaction.
Dont even heat your mix. If it evaporates its will just take longer to cure.

So Mix. Warm up shake and let it mature.
Alk Based flavors can take upto 4 weeks to mature.

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
M5 I have a couple of flavors from TFA that have ethyl alcohol and I do not get that chalky detergent taste or the chalky look to them, as everyone has said just make sure you let it mature and you should be golden.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
got some TFA apple candy and it tastes like laundry detergent mixed with chalk. i looked at the bottle and saw there was ethyl alcohol in it. is there some way to get that taste out of there? i think it would be good if that would go away
what percentage of it are you using ? TFA apple candy is really good in my opinion.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what percentage of it are you using ? TFA apple candy is really good in my opinion.
i did 5% candy apple then when it was all chalky i added 2% TFA green apple and that made it a little better but still chalky. would love to get this flavor right lol it smells awesome

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you could have a dud but I have some apple candy right here TFA and its not cloudy at all as Hic said leave it open for a bit maybe they like spiked it dude with something good ya know like what Timothy O Leary used to do

VU Sponsors