Become a Patron!

eVic VTC mini question

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
hey guys,

I have a quick question about the eVic VTC mini. I switched from a kangertech subox mini (still have it and enjoy the differences) and am really enjoying the TC control along with the consistent flavor. I am running 75/25 vg/pg oil at 45 watts and 450 degrees on a Ti coil that came with the kit. It tastes great and seems super solid. On my way home tonight I noticed a lot of liquid making its way into my mouth during my vape. Anyone with this setup have any suggestions to make sure I can limit the liquid intake with this setup?

Thanks,
Alex

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using the Subtank Mini with your Evic? Might have juice in the chimney. Make sure it wasn't overfilled.

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
Are you using the Subtank Mini with your Evic? Might have juice in the chimney. Make sure it wasn't overfilled.

I am using the tank that came with the VTC mini made sure not to overfill. You guys think 45 watts and 450 degrees is a good setting for 75/25 vg/pg?

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The tank that comes with the VTC Mini is the eGo One Mega (or the Tron, just a re-envisioned Mega, uses the same coils and has the same issues), and it is absolute garbage. All the coilheads flood, leak, and burn out quickly. That is why you are pretty much drinking juice. The settings are all subjective to your own personal taste, and changing them won't stop this issue. I HIGHLY recommend using a different tank. It's an AMAZING mod, just an absolute failure of a tank.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The tank that comes with the VTC Mini is the eGo One Mega (or the Tron, just a re-envisioned Mega, uses the same coils and has the same issues), and it is absolute garbage. All the coilheads flood, leak, and burn out quickly. That is why you are pretty much drinking juice. The settings are all subjective to your own personal taste, and changing them won't stop this issue. I HIGHLY recommend using a different tank. It's an AMAZING mod, just an absolute failure of a tank.
Ditto!

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
@iVape524
First... nomenclature, you're using 25/75 juice. (PG should always be listed first)

Make sure the head is screwed in the base tightly enough and that the O-ring hasn't slipped outta the groove.

Thanks for the suggestions and the tip about the nomenclature. I have a lot to learn for sure. My problem has since ceased and I'm not having any issues anymore. Great vape from this setup. Will look into getting a new tank for it at some point. Anyone have a good suggestion that is white to match the mod?

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A stainless iJust 2 or Crown with white electrical tape wrapped around it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@iVape524
First... nomenclature, you're using 25/75 juice. (PG should always be listed first)

Make sure the head is screwed in the base tightly enough and that the O-ring hasn't slipped outta the groove.
Zuh?

I've always said it the other way around, VG/PG. that's how I've always seen it listed by juice makers.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
@iVape524

I mentioned this already. I never heard of a rule, or norm that says, it is required to list the PG first.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
The stock CL heads, from the eGo One & Tron tanks, are very inconsistent and meh when they're right. Joyetech's CLR rebuildable heads turn these tanks into very fine (but not awesome) little tanks.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? I've not seen that. (although I prolly wouldn't anyway since I am a DIYer)
Can you post a couple links to juice makers sites who list VG first?...

http://www.mohawkvapors.com/store/p30/Summer_Blues_.html

http://onehitwondereliquid.com/shop/rocket-man/

http://www.teleosjuice.com/alpha/

https://www.vapesocietysupply.com/products/glazed-donut-by-loaded-e-liquid-120ml?variant=13871360775

Here is just a few but I've never seen it listed the other way. I'd go so far as to say it's an industry standard.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's a given that the higher number is always VG no matter which way you list it.

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've only ever seen it VG/PG. Very Good, then Pretty Good. :D

Seriously though -- If I've ever seen in the other way, I probably did a double-take. Even all my bottles (dozens of them from dozens of different sources) all list VG/PG.

That said - I always try to make it clear no matter what by typing "v80/p20" or something like that.

[EDIT] Looked through a bunch of bottles and found a couple that listed the ingredients in alphabetical order evidently -- "Flavoring, PG, VG..." but the only ratios I've found are all VG : PG.

Last edited:

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am running a Joyetech Cubis tank on my evic mini and love it. Top fill, virtually spill proof unless you overfill it. With the way it is built it is hard to flood the coil. Currently I am using a .5 ohm SS316 coil, I did set the TCR to 92 for SS. Running at 550F 30W TC mode. I have found that I get better flavor with SS over Ni200 or TI, never tried Kanthal. Awesome flavor and great cloud. I had the same issues that you have with the tank that came with the mini but none at all with the Cubis. And with the Cubis there is no center chamber to worry about getting juice in accidentally. You put the tube in after you fill the tank. And the Cubis makes it much easier to see the juice level in the tank, another thing I didn't like about the tank that came with the mini. You can get rebuild-able heads for the Cubis also.

VU Sponsors