Become a Patron!

Fasttech Rebate Points

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Btw, rebate points expire annually, on the 10th day of October. So if you've done a lot of orders over the last year or plan on doing some soon and don't want to lose them then you'll need to request any that are still pending to be converted within the next three months.

http://support.fasttech.com/faq
General > 3 > Validity: What are rebate points?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good to know, thanks!

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great, exactly what I need. I already spend enough with them. I've got 4.61 to go, which is about 46.10 I need to spend. Conveniently that's about how much a Hana diy box & chip cost. SOLD!!!

any idea if the gift certificates expire?

EDIT: fucking math. 46.10 will give me .46 points.

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great, exactly what I need. I already spend enough with them. I've got 4.61 to go, which is about 46.10 I need to spend. Conveniently that's about how much a Hana diy box & chip cost. SOLD!!!

any idea if the gift certificates expire?
I can't remember off hand but I'll have a look unless someone answers before I find it. I know they do expire. Also, converted any rebate points expire after 60 days but I'll check that and post back if I'm wrong.

HighFlyer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 10.74 active points right now. Do I enter these points at check out ? Or do I convert these points to a gift certificate first ? I don't see how to convert them before check out unless I'm blind.:(

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 10.74 active points right now. Do I enter these points at check out ? Or do I convert these points to a gift certificate first ? I don't see how to convert them before check out unless I'm blind.:(
No, you're not blind. Fasttech hasn't made this feature easy to find out.
Active points have to be converted into a gift certificate first. You have to ask fasttech customer support to "convert my active rebate points into a gift certificate". It normally takes around 24hrs. They'll reply informing you that once converted you'll have 60 days to use them and ask you to submit confirmation of your request.

Use this link: https://support.fasttech.com/general/ACCT

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Shit I never knew about the reviews... Interesting..

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fucking math. 46.10 will give me .46 points.
Sometimes. Strange thing is however, Fasttech being what it is, I've received varying points for purchasing an item. Sometimes over $1 for 1 review. FT forum members have also noted that on occasion they've received rebate points for contributing to or answering someone's post

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit I never knew about the reviews... Interesting..
When I found out about it I spent two days just reviewing
(I would say that one should give honest reviews and not just copy and paste someone else's lol. It's an ethical thing)

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I found out about it I spent two days just reviewing
(I would say that one should give honest reviews and not just copy and paste someone else's lol. It's an ethical thing)
Ethics? On the internet? What is this sorcery you speak of?

Looks like I'll be doing some reviews & forums over there too

HighFlyer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Honest reviews are what I gave. Put in a negative review for some 15ml bottles that were too hard, was like squeezing a glass bottle. That review is still pending approval 2 months later.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought some vape cases that were terrible and wrote three reviews telling everyone not to buy them. And they were approved straight away. I wrote some good reviews on some tools and they're still pending. I think it's more a case of how many other peoples reviews for the item are pending. I also wonder whether they let them stay pending so we don't top up too fast. One went up immediately 7/20/14 but I just scrolled down and there's some from 5/21/14 for PVC Heat Shrink Tubing still pending, so idk

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Hobby Kid, i never knew any of that. Just checked and I see some freebie in my future. Ok, not really freebies cause I earned then, I guess but still. Free stuff...

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted 4 reviews on FT earlier. They just got published & are worth .2 points each. I'm now at 6.19 plus 1.21 pending from my recent order. Almost there.

Open a ticket to get your points converted to a gift certificate it has to be in $10 amounts only. The gift certificate is valid for 3 months from issue. Normal review payments are ..20 rebate points for each approved review. All reviews must be made from your own order list, this is to make sure you own the product and are not someone trying to run down a product that they have not bought themselves.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I asked fasttech to convert some of my rebate points to a gift certificate yesterday. I got these points by reviewing purchases and RE-reviewing purchases. Some I have reviewed multiple times.

And remember: all rebate points, pending or otherwise will be wiped out, ended, finnitoed in October.

image.jpg

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just an FYI on the points, this is found in their FAQ...

As PayPal payments can be refunded within 60 days, your rebate points remains "pending" for the first 60 days they are issued. Pending points cannot be transferred or be redeemed for gift certificates.

- For points collected before 10/10/2014, Active rebate points expire annually, on the 10th day of October.
- For points collected on or after 10/10/2014, All rebate points expire 1-year after their collection date.
FastTech is implementing a new rolling expiry points system in late 2014 to get rid of current static expiry date for all points. Before this is done, as a special one-time offer for the year of 2014, all expired active points will convert into a gift card shortly after 10/10/2014.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just converted my points into a $10 gift certificate, didn't know you could do mutiple reviews for the same product @Hobby Kid kudos to you sir ;)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just converted my points into a $10 gift certificate, didn't know you could do mutiple reviews for the same product @Hobby Kid kudos to you sir ;)
You're welcome. well I do an initial review and go back later to review how I got on with it. If I find an issue I review it again or a particular technique to doing something. Also, if you've bought 10 items of a product then go do 10 reviews

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for letting me know about this @Hobby Kid! I'm in the process of making an order and a discount will come in handy.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for letting me know about this @Hobby Kid! I'm in the process of making an order and a discount will come in handy.
nice one. i go to the order history page and re-review stuff, give an up to date review. i've done it loads of times. you gotta put in the time i guess but i've got at least $40 in the last two months

VU Sponsors