Become a Patron!

Fat Rabbit Solo RTA

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The original Fat Rabbit RTA sparked my interest in dual-coil RTAs, but the one thing that annoyed me was that in order to run a single-coil build, you had to use a huge coil, which doesn’t really suit my ideal vaping style.

So, when I first heard about the Fat Rabbit Solo RTA, I was very eager to get my hands on it.

DSC00577.jpg

More Images are here

What do you get?

• Fat Rabbit Solo RTA (fitted with 4.5ml straight glass)
  • 1 × 5.5ml bubble glass
  • 1 × 0.37ohm 3.0mm Ni80 coil
  • 1 × ageleted cotton
  • coil measuring tool
  • accessories/manual
First impressions

It looks just like a slimmer version the original Fat Rabbit RTA – although the height is quoted at 55mm for the Solo and 56.4mm for the original – this is all down to the Solo using a shorter drip-tip – remove the drip-tips and the height is identical.

Actually, apart from the Solo having a 25mm diameter compared to 28.4mm on the original, from the outside I couldn’t find any differences – same logo, same knurling on the top-cap, same ridges on the AFC.

But despite them being almost identical, the decreased width of the Solo changes the overall proportions, which makes it look slim and elegant, as opposed to the original which looks stocky and purposeful.

It does come with 5.5ml bubble glass, but I don’t like my RTAs to look top heavy, so I didn’t bother.

DSC00584 - Copy.jpg

The deck

The deck is secured with a bayonet fitting, personally I like bayonet top-caps, but I prefer to unscrew my deck conventionally – but it works, so I won’t complain too much.

The main difference between the deck of the original and the solo is the under-coil airflow – the original had two rows of six slots, while the Solo has one row of five slots.

Theoretically, you could do a tiny dual-coil build on the Solo, as it has four posts (postless posts?) – but I can’t think of any reason why you’d want to.

I like this type of airflow design much more for single-coil builds that dual – the coil naturally sits right above the airflow, rather than trying to get two coils over the airflow but running the risk of the coils touching.

DSC00588.jpg

Build

The build is self-explanatory – the supplied coil measurement tool has an arrow pointing to the 0.5mm section, so that’s where I cut my coil, everything else was a very straightforward build.

Wicking

Again, very simple – I cut the wicks aligned with the outside of the base, trimmed them, fluffed them, combed them through and dropped them in.

DSC00684.jpg
How does it perform?

• 0.37ohm 3.0mm Ni80 coil - I ran it at 45, 50, 55 and 60w with bottom fully open and one, two, three and all side airflow holes open respectively – the flavor is good, especially when it comes to certain fruits – the vapor production is impressive for a single-coil RTA, it’s capable of filling a room with vapor, if that’s your thing.
This is not the same vape experience you’re going to get from a compact RTA, this is more like the sort of performance you would get from the Kylin Mini V2, but with more clearly defined flavor.

This is also an RTA that encourages chain-vaping – it wicks very well, there was no hint of dry hit and I could feel the juice being drawn into the wicks as I was hitting it.

Airflow

There isn’t much restriction when everything is fully open – it’s the sort of RTA you could breathe through. I never found the need to cut down the bottom airflow, however the side airflow works really well for adjusting restriction. Bottom fully open and side with just one hole open is most certainly a restricted direct lung draw.

The airflow remains pretty smooth no matter what is open/closed, it’s certainly not silent, but there are no annoying whistles or excessive turbulence.

What could be improved?

The only thing that I’d change, would be to change the base from bayonet fit to regular screw threads.

Conclusion

If you liked the original Fat Rabbit RTA, then you’ll probably like this, or if you liked the Kylin Mini V2, you’ll also probably like this.

I’m still running both of them, but I have the feeling that the Fat Rabbit Solo will force my Kylin Mini V2 into retirement.

Disclaimer

The Fat Rabbit Solo RTA was provided for the purposes of this review by Hellvape

VU Sponsors