• Rdta

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

zakumadness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I was asked earlier....out of all my mods...I can only pick two....what are my two favorites?

So out of curiosity...im asking you all!

<edit my answer>
I would say my
ultem geomods 2.0
Billet box "to the moon"

Last edited:

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm usually using my Pico squeeze 2 squonkers, and occasionally using the Wismec Luxotic DF box squonker.
I was wondering with this new law about vaping stuff how do they ship it to your home

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I wouldn't be inclined to pick favorite mods so much as I would favorite atomizers. Imo the mod doesn't make the difference in the vape.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

zakumadness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I wouldn't be inclined to pick favorite mods so much as I would favorite atomizers. Imo the mod doesn't make the difference in the vape.

Well yes, it is the the atty that makes it. I was just seeing what everyone had mod wise that they love.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well yes, it is the the atty that makes it. I was just seeing what everyone had mod wise that they love.

Ok, well in that case, for me it's:

Voopoo X217 in Aurora (gunmetal with aqua resin with pink and black accents) (GV Zeus X Mesh in rainbow)
Lost Vape Grus in Jungle (stainless with green resin with black and dark red splashes) (SC Aromamizer Supreme V2 in stainless)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I agree, kinda. That's why I listed mine with atty. And for one I listed the atty and whatever mod, lol
But I am thinking also relies heavily on how you vape. Meaning if you vape mainly mtl your favorite mod probably won't be a mech, and if you use mainly rda's your favorite mod probably won't be a pico, lol

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

In that case, you could ask "what are your favorite coils, or cotton?" But yeah, the right atomizer makes a difference.

On my pico squeeze 2 squonkers, I use ijoy combo squonk RDTAs with single coil builds, cotton running down to the floor of the tank, so I don't have to tip it around to suck up juice. (I read a review of an RDTA where the reviewer cut the cotton short and had to tip his mod around to wet the cotton as if everyone did it that way).

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
In that case, you could ask "what are your favorite coils, or cotton?" But yeah, the right atomizer makes a difference.

On my pico squeeze 2 squonkers, I use ijoy combo squonk RDTAs with single coil builds, cotton running down to the floor of the tank, so I don't have to tip it around to suck up juice. (I read a review of an RDTA where the reviewer cut the cotton short and had to tip his mod around to wet the cotton as if everyone did it that way).

I haven't built that many RDTAs, but a few - an Avocado, a Merlin, and what was the Wotofo one? Serpent maybe? Also have built Krma Gen and Flave RTA, which are, for all intents and purposes, RDTAs. I've always built them with short cotton, just because that's what the videos I've seen on YT recommended. But you're exactly right, if in the normal course of vaping, you don't tilt the whole shebang enough for the liquid to make it to the short cotton, then you have to remember to tilt it every now and then. Might be why I don't have any of those atomizers in current rotation. Got enough shit to remember! :teehee:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Unless you’re a mech head wanting the absolute most voltage… then there is a varying difference between mods and not just builds or atomizers.

I have tested a bunch of mods and atomizers, even discussed the voltage loss on mods and atomizers and for someone who vapes at .08-.10, you can tell when a atomizer/mech pairing hits way differently.

Like my favorite two mods…
b756ea6edc0e762713b1df47de4d3aca.png

OG Grip in Copper and OG Grip in Brass, both with .999 Silver contacts and both Asgard Minis have a .999 silver 510 pins.

The Copper hits slightly harder, but not OMGs!

But I stick let’s say a Valhalla RDA… it hits like shit… completely weird that in my testing using the same build coils, moving the silver 510 from an Asgard to the Valhalla there is nearly a 0.1v loss (10w) that’s significant, especially when you lose voltage after some use…that 0.1v variance to the Asgard Mini’s grows and isn’t linear, quite progressive honestly.

Anyhoo Mooch tested the brass OG Grip a long while ago with copper contacts and it’s still regarded by many in the know as top 5 (I think top 3) hardest hitting mechs still.

I do agree that this thread should of been titled, your favorite two setups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I agree, kinda. That's why I listed mine with atty. And for one I listed the atty and whatever mod, lol
But I am thinking also relies heavily on how you vape. Meaning if you vape mainly mtl your favorite mod probably won't be a mech, and if you use mainly rda's your favorite mod probably won't be a pico, lol
The Pico is limited to 22mm size tank, but I have enjoyed my Ares2 22mm tank on the Pico. But, the 18650 amperage is important. 20 amps and lower then the hit is weak. I use 35amp 18650's which is the suggested limit for most single battery mods and I am pleased. The Ares2 is specifically an MTL RTA. But you are correct, most MTL folks don't use RTA's. But as mentioned previously, NET ejuices have natural sugars which burn up pre-made coils very fast. Too costly for my liking. RTA's are much less costly to maintain. Just swap out the cotton as soon as I taste any burned flavor...usually 2 days. Coil change when the ohms start to ramp up. New homemade coil starts at .75ohms, and usually goes up to 1.3ohms when it's time for new titanium wire coil.

Unless you’re a mech head wanting the absolute most voltage… then there is a varying difference between mods and not just builds or atomizers.

I have tested a bunch of mods and atomizers, even discussed the voltage loss on mods and atomizers and for someone who vapes at .08-.10, you can tell when a atomizer/mech pairing hits way differently.

Like my favorite two mods…
b756ea6edc0e762713b1df47de4d3aca.png

OG Grip in Copper and OG Grip in Brass, both with .999 Silver contacts and both Asgard Minis have a .999 silver 510 pins.

The Copper hits slightly harder, but not OMGs!

But I stick let’s say a Valhalla RDA… it hits like shit… completely weird that in my testing using the same build coils, moving the silver 510 from an Asgard to the Valhalla there is nearly a 0.1v loss (10w) that’s significant, especially when you lose voltage after some use…that 0.1v variance to the Asgard Mini’s grows and isn’t linear, quite progressive honestly.

Anyhoo Mooch tested the brass OG Grip a long while ago with copper contacts and it’s still regarded by many in the know as top 5 (I think top 3) hardest hitting mechs still.

I do agree that this thread should of been titled, your favorite two setups

Sorry for the dumb question....but, when you say "mech" .... Are you talking about mechanical mod?
I ask because I can see that you are a Direct to Lung person, (I'm MTL only) I didn't think a mechanical mod would supply enough voltage. I didn't like the mechanical mod I had because it was great with a freshly charged 18650 (4.2v), but lacking as the battery depleted (3.6v & lower). Maybe I just had a crappy mech mod.....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for the dumb question....but, when you say "mech" .... Are you talking about mechanical mod?
I ask because I can see that you are a Direct to Lung person, (I'm MTL only) I didn't think a mechanical mod would supply enough voltage. I didn't like the mechanical mod I had because it was great with a freshly charged 18650 (4.2v), but lacking as the battery depleted (3.6v & lower). Maybe I just had a crappy mech mod.....

That is correct, Mechanical mods.

As for voltage output, that’s the downfall of mechs, and the wattage you receive is partially predicated on the coil you choose.

Most mech users, especially the power users, are not using it down to 3.6v… I never do… I might let it get down to 3.7 and most times I am swapping batteries at 3.85ish… which isn’t a big deal since I only use my mechs at home…. Oh noes! Battery is low… walk to the 10 feet grab another battery lol

Now, when I used to use my lil mechs and lets say my dwarv MTL RTA at 1.1ohm, I could easily utilize one battery for nearly the whole day, down to 3.7v for I was only looking for like 10-12w, and it would sip juice and had higher nic concentration… vaping less.

I’ve been on the Boro kick lately… since July of last year really…

BMM Stash 2.1 with Wick’d Brig’d2 28g 2.5mm N80 at 1 ohm 13w… pure MTL build, but direct lung inhale (to me MTL is a way one inhales, not how one builds their devices)

Anyhoo

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Pico is limited to 22mm size tank, but I have enjoyed my Ares2 22mm tank on the Pico. But, the 18650 amperage is important. 20 amps and lower then the hit is weak. I use 35amp 18650's which is the suggested limit for most single battery mods and I am pleased. The Ares2 is specifically an MTL RTA. But you are correct, most MTL folks don't use RTA's. But as mentioned previously, NET ejuices have natural sugars which burn up pre-made coils very fast. Too costly for my liking. RTA's are much less costly to maintain. Just swap out the cotton as soon as I taste any burned flavor...usually 2 days. Coil change when the ohms start to ramp up. New homemade coil starts at .75ohms, and usually goes up to 1.3ohms when it's time for new titanium wire coil.
I think maybe you misread? I use rta's for mtl all the time. Agreed on the costly coils as well, I don't need them and won't buy them. I said mtl with an rda, not so much. I do it, but only in bf mode.

zakumadness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I think maybe you misread? I use rta's for mtl all the time. Agreed on the costly coils as well, I don't need them and won't buy them. I said mtl with an rda, not so much. I do it, but only in bf mode.
Now if I could find a magma...and bring back 2014 lol

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Though practically impossible to answer, I suppose I would pick my favorite new mod and favorite vintage:; though this is really a toss up between the others shown. I mean really, all my mods are my favorite. Like asking a favorite child (though this may be actually an easier one):

Current I suppose
20220316_185302.jpg

Though could be these guys too, any any others I have really:
20220316_191645.jpg

20220316_192544.jpg

zakumadness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Though practically impossible to answer, I suppose I would pick my favorite new mod and favorite vintage:; though this is really a toss up between the others shown. I mean really, all my mods are my favorite. Like asking a favorite child (though this may be actually an easier one):

Current I suppose
View attachment 191641

Though could be these guys too, any any others I have really:
View attachment 191642

View attachment 191643
Feel inadequate right now lol. Very gorgeous stuff! Love the armor!! What rta did you put in the shred?

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Feel inadequate right now lol. Very gorgeous stuff! Love the armor!! What rta did you put in the shred?
Don't feel that way - I'm essentially a loser because I spend my extra money on vapes. But sure makes me happy :)

Oh that's a real classic in the shred - hint: from Israel.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't have very many but I would say:
Vaporesso Revenger X (dual 18650 touchscreen)
good ol' Kanger Kbox Mini (single 18650)
Didn't answer the "poll"... I use different things about equally.

VU Sponsors