Become a Patron!

favourite mod

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
we all i assume have a number of mods. my collection is small at 21. but tell me everyone has a favourite, might be your first, your biggesy etc, also explain why it is your favourite
to get this started, mine is the swag origional even though you can only go up to 22 mm atomiser, the menu is crap, its heavy so why is it my favourite? i have definately no bloody idea! i like it more than my swag2 or my gen!
come on then give us a laugh at your choice.
i promise you we will laugh so be prepared for smart comment i think.
cheers have a suck on me!

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one in my hand at any given moment :) No, seriously, I have different mods for different moods and activities. Hell, I even have mods for different outfits!

For working outdoors, I like my Aegis lineup, my Scar 18, and my Reuleaux Tinker 2 because they're basically bomb-proof. I like to run either Zeus X Mesh RTAs (I have some seriously tough tank protectors for these that I found on Etsy), or VooPoo PnP Pods in the tank adapters with Wotofo SMRT coils.

Take today, for example, I made a road trip to with The Wife - who never smoked and does not vape - and finds huge clouds annoying. Not like "do that again, and I'm divorcing your cloudy *ss," but more like *cough, cough* "it's a bit thick in here." So, to keep everyone happy, I packed an Aspire Boxx with the Nautilus pod fitted with a 0.7ohm mesh coil at 21 watts. Put in a little higher nic, and everyone's happy.

Tomorrow, I'm going running in the morning. I want something light and easy... think I'll take my Nautilus Prime X.

Tomorrow, for work - I'm self-employed, so I can vape what and when I want - I've got a Arbiter 2 on a Stentorian Basilisk, an Arbiter 1 on an Augvape Vtech, and Profile Unity on a Lost Vape Paranormal.

For solo road trips, I want battery life and capacity... the iJoy Luxe with a Aromamizer Plus 2 fitted with the mesh deck (decent vape at lower wattages)... I can drive 8 hours straight with no battery swapping, and no tank refills.

My, but I did ramble on LOL

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
hey guys shawn has set the benchmark as the first one on this post, and boy will this take some beating!
shawn, well done for being the first and starting us off with one of the best replies i have seen
phew, you sound like a real expert. you said you rambled on, but hey thats what sets the standard. bomb proof, battery life,capacty, this guy set the standards he said what he looks for,needs etc
excellent Shawn. but guys you can beat this even if you only have 2 mods!
what part did shawn not cover? and that is his only weak point! did you pick it?

you can be beaten shawn if others can pick your weak spot, but can they?

okies shawn sets us of with a score of 80 but he got 5 of them as he was the first one (kidding shawn, you were worth 80)

up to you ladies or gents..dare you try it?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a squonkaholic like many here. My all time favorites are my REO Grands. I use 22 mm RSAs with single coils on them at around 0.3 ohms. This so I don't produce massive clouds in hotel rooms and set off smoke detectors. I use them when I'm on the road for work. Each holds 7 ml of juice and I take 4 with me. Each with a different flavor. I spend a lot of time in vehicles when working and I get the flavor of a dripper without having to drip. It's just dripping from the bottom. :giggle: The REO can take a lot of abuse and keep on vaping! They have hundreds of thousands of miles on them between flying and driving.

At home I have various other squonks with different flavors than my OTR flavors. I also have numerous tubes with RDAs. The only non mechanical mods I use at the moment are my HΩ Wreckers with Avocado RDTAs.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I'm a squonkaholic like many here. My all time favorites are my REO Grands. I use 22 mm RSAs with single coils on them at around 0.3 ohms. This so I don't produce massive clouds in hotel rooms and set off smoke detectors. I use them when I'm on the road for work. Each holds 7 ml of juice and I take 4 with me. Each with a different flavor. I spend a lot of time in vehicles when working and I get the flavor of a dripper without having to drip. It's just dripping from the bottom. :giggle: The REO can take a lot of abuse and keep on vaping! They have hundreds of thousands of miles on them between flying and driving.

At home I have various other squonks with different flavors than my OTR flavors. I also have numerous tubes with RDAs. The only non mechanical mods I use at the moment are my HΩ Wreckers with Avocado RDTAs.
wow, are you watching shawn, gopher is giving you a run here, gophers score shall be revealed very soon. good on you gopher

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At present, mine is the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2. I'm using a couple at the moment, and switching off between them whenever I feel like it. I love my squonkers. The juice capacity is sweet, and they use 21700 batteries which last all freaking day.

Sure, I got other squonkers as backups, and other mods if I had to use any of them. But, these Squeezes fit so nicely in my little binocular case I can wear on my belt, or in the little plastic basket hanging from the cell phone holder in my truck, and are light enough not to cause an issue, even with a big ol' RDTA sitting on top.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
another ver worthy contender,gopher and shawn can you see how or what lady highlighted that makes her dangerous to you guys? if you can, cont mention it on here or others will get a big clue, as expected lady..you have put in a very good write up

well done lady

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
another very worthy contender, gother and shawn can you see why? if you can dont mention it here as others will get a good clue

as usual lady, a very very good post

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
another ver worthy contender,gopher and shawn can you see how or what lady highlighted that makes her dangerous to you guys? if you can, cont mention it on here or others will get a big clue, as expected lady..you have put in a very good write up

well done lady
Is the commentary after each reply really necessary? Fuck man, let the thread develop naturally

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Is the commentary after ea
Is the commentary after each reply really necessary? Fuck man, let the thread develop naturally

ch reply really necessary? Fuck man, let the thread develop natu

to those who actually join in, this is the type of post that i am afraid, shows lack of class. i simple suggestion would indeed have been welcomed. so in order to please her highness, should i stop trying to make the post testing?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
to those who actually join in, this is the type of post that i am afraid, shows lack of class. i simple suggestion would indeed have been welcomed. so in order to please her highness, should i stop trying to make the post testing?
Well geordie, I do believe TheBoss has a point. It does look like you are reaching for brownie points while doing a bit of brown nosing. Most of us would simply click the "like" button to show we like the post, and only respond to it if we have something worth adding.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but hey, at least I'm trying to be gentle about it.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Well geordie, I do believe TheBoss has a point. It does look like you are reaching for brownie points while doing a bit of brown nosing. Most of us would simply click the "like" button to show we like the post, and only respond to it if we have something worth adding.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but hey, at least I'm trying to be gentle about it.
its ok, i figured you would say that.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My favorite is the LP Reo Grand. Been using it since 2012. My favorite topper is the 14 mm Galactica McFly. 13 mm Hornets I still own and use on my #2 L’ Octopus sqounker.
I stopped cloud chasing over 4 years ago. I enjoy my 12mg 80/20 PG VG juice. TH and Flavor is what I enjoy.
I still drip with my ancient Provari’s. Those are my #2 favorites. 🙂

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't have very many but my favorite is a Vaporesso Revenger X (dual battery regulated mod with a touch screen) It's very comfortable to hold and I like the touchscreen. It also has a nice "automatic locking" feature (after you change a setting, after so many seconds it locks the setting) You have to remember to NOT touch the screen until it locks (did this once... hit my new RTA coils that only needs 25 watts with the max 200 watts... won't do that again... melted the coil leads and I inhaled the "vapor" from a Nichrome coil) Since I learned to just hold the sides while waiting, have not had any issues. I like the NRG tank that came with it but mostly just wanted to mention the mod itself.
On a sidenote: another favorite mod (although you will laugh for sure) is the original Kanger Kbox 40 watt... the one with no screen, just LEDs. It's aluminum and uses a 18650 battery. I like how simple it is.

VU Sponsors