Become a Patron!

FDA authorizes first e-cigarettes, cites benefit for smokers

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I hope this is the FDA loosening it's stand on vaping. Probably RJ Reynolds sleeping with the FDA tho.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone surprised that RJ Reynolds was and has the first FDA authorized device?

The amount of money this conglomerate has invested, I am not in the slightest.

Will it open the doors for other products to be authorized? Doubt it…RJR has billions in disposable capital to corner the market. This will be the company in my opinion all small companies will sell through and at a huge “Walmart” cost to do business.

Authorized is such a, “they paid us” word in the context given.

Am I glad someone has done it? Indeed, but rest assured the red tape is and will be revised to even make it harder to get authorized products out.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Anyone surprised that RJ Reynolds was and has the first FDA authorized device?

The amount of money this conglomerate has invested, I am not in the slightest.

Will it open the doors for other products to be authorized? Doubt it…RJR has billions in disposable capital to corner the market. This will be the company in my opinion all small companies will sell through and at a huge “Walmart” cost to do business.

Authorized is such a, “they paid us” word in the context given.

Am I glad someone has done it? Indeed, but rest assured the red tape is and will be revised to even make it harder to get authorized products out.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Ever bought a Vuse? I did, once. Thing was foul. FOUL, I tell you.

In my mind it's been authorized because it will put money in the "right" pockets. It's a "well, duh" moment, imo.

I'm so damn glad I stocked up.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Anyone heard of anyone quitting tobacco because they had Vuse? Not me. I bet Nautilus has stopped smoking more than Vuse. But while it and the rest are all heating [juice with a coil] I bet none of the rest will be authorized, at least none that are not BT, even if they submitted the same or better results than RJR.

When is a talking point > Vuse helped 8 smokers in NZ quit smoking. o_O
Where's the detailed documentation?
1634166866020.png

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I run out of nic. I’m just gonna snus my 43mg Siberia full time. The FDA is so full of shit !

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 186963

"vuse.co.nz"

This looks like a global roll-out, which is why I feel I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Big multinational powers, like Coca Cola and RJ Reynolds, do not like diversity. They want 51 percent or better market share. What they can't buy up, they will try to smash. They want their brand along with maybe one other (for an appearance of competition), on store shelves everywhere, every convenience store, every grocery, every drugstore, every big box. While I hope that open systems will remain, I feel it would be overly optimistic to simply expect open systems to remain.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Anyone heard of anyone quitting tobacco because they had Vuse? Not me. I bet Nautilus has stopped smoking more than Vuse. But while it and the rest are all heating [juice with a coil] I bet none of the rest will be authorized, at least none that are not BT, even if they submitted the same or better results than RJR.

View attachment 186963

Nautilus tanks have probably helped more people stop smoking than any other method that's ever existed. Like, in the MILLIONS.

Next after that would probably be plain old cartomizers, which is what helped many of us old timers quit. That is, older even than Nautilus, not the hobbyist crowd, but the average guy or gal who just wanted to quit.

Who will quit smoking using a Vuse device when it lasts one day or less and costs $7.99? And tastes like shit? Are you f'n kidding me? (rhetorical)

I'd laugh if it weren't so damn ridiculous and JUST PLAIN WRONG.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haha! This community should get an award for telling the future

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gee... I wonder how far the execs of RJR have their noses up certain asses. What will they have banned outright to ensure market dominance? Get caught vaping in your car? It had better be one of theirs. Looking for a vape shop? Try the 7-11.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep hitting the "angry" icon for "like" on everybody's comments, not for anger at forum members, but because I am sick and tired of global government by deep pocketed multinational corporations. I know by now that when the bell rings once, the outcome is probable. On the second ring you can start looking for the signs, and when the third bell sounds, that queasy suspicion you had is fully realized.

I really hope I'm wrong, but a big splashy press release is, by now, pretty telling.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus tanks have probably helped more people stop smoking than any other method that's ever existed. Like, in the MILLIONS.
I remember when everybody had Ego-T batteries, either the original label or private label iterations of Ego, like MyFreedomSmokes. MFS even had painted and jeweled Egos. Once I discovered the eLeaf, mainly because of the far greater mah, I put the Egos in the fridge and gave them out to every smoker I encountered who asked me about vaping and expressed the desire to try it. I'd give out two at a time, explaining "one for your mouth, one for the recharger". Then you had to give them a clearo to go with the batts, which is how I offloaded the old plastic Stardusts. Gotta start somewhere. Then a 10 ml. bottle of liquid, a recharging cable and wall wart (used to be cheeeeep, or came with your batts), and a list of local and online vape stores.

No regrets, though some kept smoking and some converted to vaping.

I know I'm not the only one who graduated to better equipment and paid forward the older, still useful stuff, because we care.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I remember when everybody had Ego-T batteries, either the original label or private label iterations of Ego, like MyFreedomSmokes. MFS even had painted and jeweled Egos. Once I discovered the eLeaf, mainly because of the far greater mah, I put the Egos in the fridge and gave them out to every smoker I encountered who asked me about vaping and expressed the desire to try it. I'd give out two at a time, explaining "one for your mouth, one for the recharger". Then you had to give them a clearo to go with the batts, which is how I offloaded the old plastic Stardusts. Gotta start somewhere. Then a 10 ml. bottle of liquid, a recharging cable and wall wart (used to be cheeeeep, or came with your batts), and a list of local and online vape stores.

No regrets, though some kept smoking and some converted to vaping.

I know I'm not the only one who graduated to better equipment and paid forward the older, still useful stuff, because we care.

We understand that the "angry" response is anger at the subject matter, not the members. I think all of us use that response the same way you have.

I have given away a bunch of gear, too, although during the first several years after I started, there was no one except my ex-DIL who was interested in even trying vaping. I converted my sister because she was living with us, dependent on us for support, was disabled because of back problems and COPD, and I REFUSED to buy her cigarettes. I told her I'd keep her in vape supplies and gear but I was NOT going to contribute to her dying of emphysema like her father did. I gave away a beautiful Lea kit (Innokin eGo with a cap that made it look like an ink pen), several Picos with Nautilus tanks and plenty of other stuff, mostly to family members but some things to other people, too.

The community here at VU have been generous with me and many, many others, keeping people going when they didn't have the funds to keep going on their own, or helping a member try a different vaping style that would save them money and give them a better vaping experience. It's community spirit and cohesiveness that I don't see anywhere else in my life except within my own family. Incomparable, such examples of honor and generosity and selflessness.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The first mods I got when I actually quit smoking were the Innokin box mods and pens, and I used clearomizers on them. When I got better gear, I gave my mom the first one I got, and she used it right up until the day she passed away. I had also gave my hubby (boyfriend at the time) some of my old gear, so he would quit smoking. He did. When he got better gear, he passed that gear on to other folks.

Considering that the first mod I got lasted over 6 years, and the fact that the Innokins got at least 3 people that I know of to quit smoking (my mom, husband, and self), that's a pretty good track record. I'm all for helping out someone who legitimately wants help. Sadly, we have also been disappointed by people whom claimed they wanted to switch to vaping just because they wanted a free mod to sell.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The first mods I got when I actually quit smoking were the Innokin box mods and pens, and I used clearomizers on them. When I got better gear, I gave my mom the first one I got, and she used it right up until the day she passed away. I had also gave my hubby (boyfriend at the time) some of my old gear, so he would quit smoking. He did. When he got better gear, he passed that gear on to other folks.

Considering that the first mod I got lasted over 6 years, and the fact that the Innokins got at least 3 people that I know of to quit smoking (my mom, husband, and self), that's a pretty good track record. I'm all for helping out someone who legitimately wants help. Sadly, we have also been disappointed by people whom claimed they wanted to switch to vaping just because they wanted a free mod to sell.
The common thread here is that open systems and sharing have saved the lives that Vuse is being handed a trophy for, as the vaping pioneers and next generation have tried things, discovered their preferences, have written reviews, shared knowledge, made videos, passed things along to others who tried them then made their own discoveries, found their own preferences, their flavors, their watts/volts and resistance, their own brilliant flavor mixing skills, in a chain of healing, hobby and shared humanity that goes on and on.

VU Sponsors