Become a Patron!

Fire Button Sweet Spot?

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I just recently got my first mech mod, Infinite Cartel Clone, and I've noticed that it fires really well when I push the firing button from a certain side. I took apart the firing button to get a look at the pin to see what was up... looks like the pin is actually slightly uneven and when it is pressed from a certain side it doesn't make a complete flush contact with the battery. Has anyone ever come across this problem?

The problem is partially due to it being a clone, but after looking at my budget, I couldn't justify spending $150 - $300 on an authentic.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I just recently got my first mech mod, Infinite Cartel Clone, and I've noticed that it fires really well when I push the firing button from a certain side. I took apart the firing button to get a look at the pin to see what was up... looks like the pin is actually slightly uneven and when it is pressed from a certain side it doesn't make a complete flush contact with the battery. Has anyone ever come across this problem?

The problem is partially due to it being a clone, but after looking at my budget, I couldn't justify spending $150 - $300 on an authentic.
I have two, and this exact problem occurred with mine. Mainly my first one. Do you have a slight raised spot in the center of your pins where the plating was finished? That's the culprit if so. I carefully wet sanded it down on both positive and negative pins, and voila, all was fine. Breaking in the spring will help, as will the authentic upgrade spring.

It frustrated the shit out of me at first. I was constantly listening when firing. I'd rather it not fire at all on some spots, than fire weak. Another indication of this problem will be some black on the raised spot and on your battery from arcing. Hope this helps.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
swapping out the spring on my mod took care of that problem for me. I have a Vanilla clone, but the spring was junk, gave me a hot button as well. Now, all is vapetastic!

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think its just a misshapen firing pin. I took the pin out and set it on the table and it doesn't sit flat; there isn't a raised bump but I kinda wish there was so I could sand it down haha It has actually gotten better since I made the original post on Monday so the spring might have actually been an issue as well. Thanks for the advice, I'm probably just going to order a new spring and call it a day!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think its just a misshapen firing pin. I took the pin out and set it on the table and it doesn't sit flat; there isn't a raised bump but I kinda wish there was so I could sand it down haha It has actually gotten better since I made the original post on Monday so the spring might have actually been an issue as well. Thanks for the advice, I'm probably just going to order a new spring and call it a day!
The authentic upgrade spring works great, it's a perfect fit and is a really strong spring. It'll give your fingers a workout. Don't order the pins, though. I did, they don't fit. The spring is only 3.99 but it comes to almost 10 bucks with shipping. They dick you there.

VU Sponsors