Become a Patron!

First 12 smileys...?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, what's up with this:

VUsmileys.jpg

Where'd the first 12 go, and will they be coming back??? They were some of the most basic!

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ditto here.

To elaborate:

This started about a week ago for me and it isn't browser specific - it's doing it in FireFox and Opera. I also clear my cache often so that may be why I noticed it sooner.

Hover over still works - you still get a text popup telling which smiley it is, and obviously they display fine once a message is posted. You just can see them in the smiley selection box or within a message compose box.

What I see reported for the smileys when composing is they are zero byte files.

Couldn't help but notice these 12 problematic smileys are hosted right on vapingunderground, while all the other smileys that display ok during message composition are hosted on imgur.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just checking, mine are fine.
But while looking, I spotted these, and never even noticed them before!!!

:nothingtoadd: "smilies with messages" :luck:

And CutiePie Animals
:moose::penguin::crab:
So, what's up with this:

View attachment 79246

Where'd the first 12 go, and will they be coming back??? They were some of the most basic!

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I just checked and all is well with added extras:nothingtoadd:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Having the smiley issue, also. And still having to log in on every visit. Cleared cache several times, from browser and app manager. No joy. :(

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

My smileys are all in check :)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Mine working fine

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ditto here.

To elaborate:

This started about a week ago for me and it isn't browser specific - it's doing it in FireFox and Opera. I also clear my cache often so that may be why I noticed it sooner.

I just checked it in Chrome, and they show up just fine there... but, I didn't try clearing the cache, so who knows; I'm pretty sure you're right about it showing up after clearing the cache in FF; I cleared it last week when the banner first got broke, to see if that would fix it, and shortly after that is when I first started noticing the lack of those first 12 smileys. :mad: <-- that should be the "mad" smiley, so let's see if it shows up in the post.

Andria

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I just checked it in Chrome, and they show up just fine there... but, I didn't try clearing the cache, so who knows; I'm pretty sure you're right about it showing up after clearing the cache in FF; I cleared it last week when the banner first got broke, to see if that would fix it, and shortly after that is when I first started noticing the lack of those first 12 smileys. :mad: <-- that should be the "mad" smiley, so let's see if it shows up in the post.

Andria

It worked :) :bliss:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O....

I use Vivaldi Browser... It uses Chrome... But the smilies don't show up for me in the box... Cleared Cache, Cookies and my History, rebooted my PC and still Nada. :sad:

View attachment 79299

Yup... I had to clear the cache in Chrome yesterday for something else... and now they're not showing up in Chrome either. It's gotta be something to do with clearing the cache, which makes ZERO sense. Either the icons are there, or they're not -- and they do seem to be available to posts, but not to the text editor, which leads me to suspect a CSS error (a path error, most likely -- need to use absolute URLs rather than relative URLs). Get the CSS gurus on it, stat! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
they display fine once a message is posted. You just can see them in the smiley selection box or within a message compose box.

Umm.. that problem was over 2 yrs ago. And has been fixed for some time.

Andria

VU Sponsors