Become a Patron!

First mod set up. How much did you spend on yours?

Davidl41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
kangertech subtank mini w/ rba - on the way
ipv 4s - fast tech
25r battery - ?? Is fast tech reliable

Does ipv 4s charge well with the micro usb? Is it okay to charge in the mod?

Is the ipv 4s a reliable mod? If I use regular wire (not for temp control) will it work ok?

How much did u spend on ur first set up? with what I have bought thus far im wondering if I spent too much.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, I understand your questions. Never use cheap battery's it will bite you every time. 25R is fine for most needs. FT is reliable. Cheap prices mean waiting a while. There a lot faster now. 8-12 days is normal where I live. I don't have an ivp anything. My first set up was a UD RSST with a Stingray Mech Mod. Got them both on sale. Maybe 30.00 for everything. I vaped on it less than 3 hours ago. Read the threads, & you will have an answer to any question you can think of. Or just ask. Welcome to the forum. :cool:

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You have chosen a great starting point, a point which some on this site wish they could be at.

The IPV 4S is a great mod.

The history P4U has had with their mods that have charging ports --- well it is not good..

I wouldn't suggest using that micro USB to charge your mod, charge your batteries through an external charging port.

You have bought a mod that- as you venture down this road of vaping, and getting off the stinkies - you'll find can do just about anything you could ask a mod to do. It is great, so with that in mind you have actually saved yourself money with the idea that a lot of vapers start with a small mod, and as they get into this they realize they want something else, then there's something else even. Your IPV will do you great for a very long while.

I spent less than 100 dollars on a clone mech mod and clone doge atty. It was not a smart move but I was on a budget and taken advantage of by a B&M. Needless to say I have grown a lot.

Good luck, and you're going to have fun :)

The IPV will have NO problems using regular kanthal or nichrome wire. Enjoy!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want too, later down the road, they have kits to make your own Mod. Some Members get wild with them. My best trick so far is a 510 connector wired to a step down Board, connected to a Motorcycle battery. :cool:

Davidl41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually been got.. I bought an itaste 3.0 mvp (not pro) for 80 dollars before tax in Canadian dollars. Im giving it to a good friend for 20 dollars..

Luckily for me I live 20 minutes away from fast tech store. Their prices are in USD which is odd though.

I will pick up a external charger although it wont be something im lugging around so I may charge internally from time to time.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I actually been got.. I bought an itaste 3.0 mvp (not pro) for 80 dollars before tax in Canadian dollars. Im giving it to a good friend for 20 dollars..

Luckily for me I live 20 minutes away from fast tech store. Their prices are in USD which is odd though.

I will pick up a external charger although it wont be something im lugging around so I may charge internally from time to time.
Depending on how much power you draw from your device, you can make it through the day without having to re-charge the batteries. I'm usually vaping my IPV 4S between 28-35W, and have to re-charge every day or day & a half.

Davidl41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I decided on the sigelei 150 tc only of the ipv 4s open hole near the atty.

Also the I found out fast tech is overseas not near me..

uglyvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This hobby can get expensive, I have several boxes, RDA's, and RTA's. So expensive and entertaining I am actually looking into opening a store.

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got a joyetech evic VT came w/ ego one mega tank.. Spent about $100 CAD.. Week later purchased the kangertech subtank mini..

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would never buy a battery fastech. Stick with rtdvapor or vapordna for batteries. There are too many fakes floating around and I would rather go with a sure thing and pay a dollar more than have to worry. For my first mod i spent 160$ for the mod and 120 for the atty. I bought a provari 2.5 and a kayfun 3.1. Again 2 years ago and i was just coming off ego batteries and an mvp2.
Since then I've moved on to a mountain and variety of things
From mechanical mods, to dna40s, dna200s and sx350js my spending cap on a mod is 200$

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought everyone started with a Kamry K100/101? I think this is actually a clone of an Empire(?) mech mod. I bought this two weeks after my wife gave me a Joyetech Ego-C kit. I still use the K101 with the Igo-W that I purchased with it. Wife occasionally uses the Ego batteries with IClear 16's. Someday, I hope to have half of what F1 has, like a P3, a few Vapor Sharks, etc...:D

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dude, I'll be happy to sell some of the dna40s..

I had a pair of those joye, ego-Cs and they kept breaking - those things are the reason I became a hobbyist. I know myself well enough to know that if I can't vape the way I like, I'll go back to the cigs

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first purchase was an overpriced ego kit from vaporfi ...and it got delayed in the US mail and during that interim people talked me into a subtank on an istick50 ....and I am GLAD they did ;) The vaporfi unit came shortly after and I used it ffrequently until only recently

VU Sponsors